Author's Chapter Notes:
I've finally updated! :) I hope you'll like it! :)
She just stared at him, not wanting to believe what she just had heard. She was about to get up from the bed, tears in her eyes, when she saw an effulgent light appear in front of the window.

“Cordy? What are you doing here?” The higher being knelt by the bed, wiping Buffy's tears away with her hand, smiling softly at the angel.

“I saw his dream in my vision, so I know what just happened. Wanna know?”

“I'd rather not,” Buffy winced.

“It's not like you think.” Cordelia tried to convince her.

“If he lusts for her, after all these years, I don't know what to think.” Buffy hid her face in her hands, she was in tears and the heartbreaking sound of her sobbing, made Cordelia embrace the angel, holding her in her arms like a child, consoling her.

“He will kill her again, but he doesn't know it yet. I can feel it.” Buffy removed her hands from her face, looking at Cordelia in astonishment. There was a sparkle in her brown eyes and Buffy frowned, trying to see what was on Cordelia's mind, but it was blocked from sight.

“How will he kill her?” Buffy wondered, afraid of the answer.

“I can't tell you. It's too dangerous for you to know.” Cordelia said with a sad smile, then she removed her arms from the angel, taking her hands in her own, squeezing them lightly.

“Now wake him up and pretend like nothing is wrong.” She said with a cheerful tone, trying to make Buffy stop thinking about Spike and Drusilla for a moment.

“Are you sure?” Buffy didn't sound like she was convinced.

“Yes, it will be fine. Trust me.” Cordelia kissed Buffy on the forehead, stood up, still holding hands and then she slowly disappeared, until the room was dark again.



Buffy looked at Spike, now he had a peaceful expression on his face and she leaned over him, gently touching his cheek. He smiled in his sleep and when he felt her lips touching his, he opened his eyes, wrapping his arms around her, while Buffy was looking at the ceiling, blinking away the tears, that dwelled in her eyes, hoping he wouldn't notice.


Soon they both were asleep. Tara was out in the hall, smiling in a mysterious way and suddenly the sleeping couple found themselves in a dream, woven by the wicca.



Buffy was walking in a forest, among cherry trees in blossom, they were reaching their branches towards heaven, reaching for the sun, the one giving them life. Little pink flowers, their scent lingered in the air. Cherry blossom in springtime and the one she loved was holding her hand and her heart was singing. He looked at her and she was bursting into bloom. Just one look and she felt alive, he made her complete like no one else could. The way he smiled at her, she just loved being with him, walking hand in hand in this world so unlike their own. The sun couldn't hurt him here, it shone, warming their skin. She smiled, telling him how much she loved to share this moment with him, on their way to the pond.

Sunlight was sparkling the surface of the water and Buffy felt like it was a mirror, that would show her secrets, if she only looked close enough. A looking glass to another world, like the bowl of water she used in heaven, to see into other dimensions. She turned around, hearing Spike softly speak to her. They sat down on the soft green moss and like if he had been reading her mind, Spike filled her cupped hands with water from the pond. The water started to glow and soon they both looked into a white world, belonging to The Powers That Be.




Buffy woke up from the dream, Spike was still sleeping next to her in the bed. She touched his arm and frowned when it felt warm. He smelled like sun, like cherry blossom and he smiled in his sleep. He had been walking in the sun, with her. She didn't care how it had been possible, after all it had only been a dream, hadn't it?

In her heart she thanked Tara for bringing them there. Tara had shared her secret with her, where the good magic lives, and Buffy was more than grateful.

She knew that her life never could be normal again, had she ever had a normal life? First being the slayer with the world on her shoulders, then being an angel of the oracles.

Now she felt like living in the shadows. Being in love with a vampire had never been her plan, nor being an angel. She belonged in heaven, but spent more time with the vampire. She felt lost without him, hoping they someday could be together in eternity. They had made their wish to the falling star, neither of them believed in fairytales, but hope never left their hearts.




Next morning, when Spike was on his way down to the kitchen, he could feel something was wrong, his niblet was hurt. He flinched, deciding to wait for her in the stairway. He knew that she would come to him, as soon as the quarrel was over, she always did.


“Dawn, that's enough!” Giles yelled, standing by the counter.

“What's enough?” Willow asked, coming from the living room. “Your principal just called...” She looked at Dawn, raising her eyebrows in question. “Shouldn't you be in school by now?”

“No, I don't feel well.” Dawn looked down at the floor.

“I'm so tired of that you're not telling me where you're going when you leave the house, and you're hiding things from me, having secrets, things I need to know.” Giles sighed.

“Spike promised Buffy to take care of me and he does, so you don't have to care, you’re not my father and never will be, though you and mum had an affair. You don't even live here.” She crossed her arms, eyeing the watcher.

“And by the way, I'm not the one having secrets here...” She glanced at Willow.

“You're stubborn, spoiled and you spend way too much time with that vampire.” Giles spitted out between his teeth. Dawn had tears in her eyes, but he didn't seem to care much.

“Is that what you told my sister too?” She wondered, her voice fragile.

“Buffy and Spike were never meant to be.” He answered coldly, avoiding to look at her.

“And who were you to judge them?” Dawn cried out, walking away from him, with tears streaming down her cheeks. “Who do you think you are?” She headed towards the stairs.

“Dawn, I'm sorry, I don't know what's got into me?” Giles said, closing the front door after him as he left the house, going to The Magic Box to see Anya.