Author's Chapter Notes:
Finally updated! :) Happy new year!
“Giles, I've been waiting for you.” Her voice was musing and he smiled to himself in the darkness. He had taken himself down to the basement of The Magic Box and he was standing in front of a big mirror, which was leaning against a wall. He touched the glass and then she slowly appeared in the mirror, the woman he desired.

Drusilla, he had heard so much about her, but she was absolutely adorable in her white old-fashioned dress. Dark hair was framing her face, eyes brown as chocolate and the sweetest mouth, but it was the eyes he longed to drown in, they seemed to be endless.


“Have you been a good boy?” She said in a sweet voice and he nodded eagerly. “Or do I have to punish you?” She mused in a playful tone, cocking a brow at him.

“No, mistress.” He mumbled. “I've done what you've asked of me.”




“Honey, what are you doing down there again?” He could hear Anya's voice from upstairs.

“I'm just looking for something, Anya. I'll be there in a minute. Oh, now I found it, dear.” He grabbed a small bag with green olive leaves, before he turned back to the mirror.

“I'll be back soon.” He whispered and she blew him a kiss. His heart was singing.



He returned to Anya, who was standing at the cashier, counting money.

“You know, you could help me here.” She pouted, looking hurt. “I could need some help.”

“Sorry, sweetie. I'm preparing a potion”, he lied. He kissed her softly on the lips to distract her. Her arms snaked around his neck and he found himself trapped between the cashier and the shelves behind him. She was in his arms, and no matter how much he loved Anya, he had things to do. Important things that couldn't wait.

“More, give me more.” She begged, holding him tight. He cleared his voice and removed his glasses nervously, starting to polish them.

“But, Anya, what if a customer comes in and you can't take care of the money?” He tried to convince her to let him go, he had to return. “Wouldn't that be sad?” She nodded.

“You're right, later.” She agreed, reluctantly letting him go.

The doorbell rang, Giles kissed her quickly on the lips again, before he returned to the basement.



“Drusilla, I'm back.”

She smiled at him and he found himself mesmerized again.

“Yes, look at me. Be in me, be in my eyes.” He just loved her, she was the essence of his soul. And there was no way he could resist her, no way he wouldn't obey her, how could he?

“Anything for you.” He whispered. She put her fingertips to the glass inside the mirror and he let his hand touch the glass on his side and he felt a tingle.

“I want you to take them to the vineyard tonight, especially Spike. Well done with Dawn, by the way. She got pretty upset, huh? And I bet Spike was too. Now I have him where I want him”, she mused, removing her hand from the glass and inspecting her long nails.

Giles couldn't help the pang of jealousy he felt in his chest, Dru had a past with Spike, he knew that, still it hurt. He swallowed hard.

“Fine, I'll take them there.”

“You've been a good boy. Makes mummy happy.” Her innocent smile made him want to cherish her and he touched the glass as she faded away, but it was cold. She was gone. He sighed and went back to Anya.




“How could he say those things to me? It's not fair.” Dawn sobbed in Spike's arms.

“Shh, niblet, it will be fine. I'm here for you, and the things he said, you know it's not true. I loved Buffy, I will always love her. We were meant to be together, I'll never give up on her, like I never will give up on you, bit.” His arms were around her, comforting.

“Put on some more clothes, we're going out. It's still dark. We could go and see Clem and we could make some snow angels outside the crypt.” He kissed her on the forehead. “Come on, you know, you want to.” Dawn giggled, while he pushed her upstairs to her room.

“We could bring some ice-cream.” She suggested when she opened the door to her room, opening her wardrobe, picking out a pink sweater and a green scarf.

“And those little marshmallows for the hot chocolate.” He added with a warm smile.

She smiled. “That's what I call breakfast.” She put on the sweater and scarf and reached out her hand towards him.

“Anything for you, my fair.” He took her hand and they almost ran down the stairs, Dawn with the big green scarf around her neck and the pink warm sweater on.

Tara was down in the hall, smiling at them. Dawn throw herself round her neck.

“Where are you going?”

“We're going out. Spike will make snow angels with me.” Dawn was excited, almost jumping up and down.

“Really?” Tara cocked a brow at him. Dawn giggled, while Spike cleared his throat.

“Well, we better go now, my little piglet.” She looked at him in surprise, but he only smirked.

“I do not look like piglet! Take it back!” She pouted and he could see the same stubbornness he had seen in Buffy’s eyes so many times. Tara handed Dawn her jacket and she put on her gloves as well. Spike put her chin in his hand, pretending to inspect her. She giggled.

“Never, you're even sweeter than that pig.” He mused. “Don't even know how that's possible.” She smiled at him as they left.



Tara closed the door behind them and leaned against the door. Willow came down the stairs and put on her sweetest smile, standing in front of her girlfriend.

“How are you doing, Tara? You look like you could need a good night's sleep.”

“It's all the patrolling. Don't worry, I'll be fine.” Tara assured her.

“Whatever you say, sweetie.” Willow kissed her cheek.



Dawn and Spike passed the cemetery. Some candles were lit. They passed Buffy's grave and Dawn got tears in her eyes. She swallowed and their hands found each other.

“You know, he said I was having secrets, but he was so wrong.”

“Why is that so?” He wondered.

“I saw Willow kissing someone and it wasn't Tara.” He squeezed her hand.

“Don't tell Tara. I'll talk to Willow.”

“Good, because I can't. Poor Tara. She doesn't deserve this.”

“Was it a man or a woman?”

“It was a woman”, Dawn almost whispered.

She sat down on her knees in front of her sister's grave, brushing the newly fallen snow away from the stone.

“Come, we better hurry. The sun will soon go up.”


They ran the last bit and opened the heavy door. Clem was nowhere to be seen. They sat down on the couch and as they sat down, Spike turned on the TV.

They sat there, Dawn's head on Spike's shoulder watching Passions like old times. The only difference was that there was no Buffy coming to take Dawn home. He blinked away a tear, hoping Dawn wouldn't notice. She was eating ice-cream now, his little niblet. He kissed her hair and she sighed happily. He put a blanket over her legs. Outside the sun rose.




Later that night the potentials made their way to the vineyard, followed by Tara, Willow, Illyria, Wes, Faith and Spike, since Giles had told them so. The Watcher seemed to know the way to the old vineyard and they all followed him there, unknowing of the danger waiting for them. The bringers were prepared to kill and the potentials would be easy victims. Caleb mused as he admired the Scythe, shining, but still stuck in the stone. He pretended that he hadn't heard them walking down the stairs. He knew that Drusilla was watching them from the shadows, and he wouldn't let her down.

“If you want it so badly, why don't you just take it?” He turned around, facing her, the slayer. She looked around in the empty basement, wondering where the bringers were. It was all quiet and her friends were standing behind her.

“I can't, you stupid bitch, you Eve of destruction.” He spitted out at her, snarling. “You think you're the sun, but you're nothing more than a flame in the dark.”

“Let it burn then.” Tara said, swinging her sword. She wasn't alone. They would make it. They were strong together.

“Fine.” He took a step closer, pointing at her with his knife. “Bring it on.”

Suddenly the bringers came from nowhere attacking and the fight was a fact. Some of the potentials were filled with rage as they saw the bringers, that had chased them to Sunnydale. They fought well, but it wasn't enough. Everybody did their best and a lot of bringers were laying dead on the floor, but many of the potentials were injured too.

They were trapped and when Molly fell lifeless to the floor, they knew they had to leave, before more of them were going to be killed. Giles was carrying the dead girl in his arms.

Tara turned around, staring at the smirking priest, before she walked away.

“This is so not over.”

“We'll see about that, won't we?” He mused, taking a bite of a green apple.



Meanwhile, Spike had met Drusilla in the shadows, he had felt her presence in the room and went after her. Now they were standing in a dark corner.

Finally, he has come to his senses, she thought, when he kissed her hand.

“See you tonight? I've missed you so, princess.”

“Meet me in the factory at midnight.” She gave him a promising look.

“Fine, I'll bring the potential. I wanna make it special for you.” He kissed her cheek.

"My sweet William, see you tonight."


Now, I've got you where I want you, Spike thought. He hoped she still had some furniture there, so he could fulfill his plans. He smirked, as he followed Tara and the others on their way home.