Author's Chapter Notes:
Anyone still with me?
The metallic box was ornamented with small stars, the holes in the metal was letting out a soft light, which fell to the ground in the dark forest. The star was no longer allowed to shine, she was concealed in the small box. There was no compassion left, no forgiveness. There was no hope for her, there was no way out. Fear clenched her heart and it felt like the time stood still. The silence was unbearable. The only sound that escaped her throat was a silent sob.

The darkness dwelled around her and no matter how hard she tried she couldn't break free. The oracles wouldn't save her this time, she knew it. She had crossed the line and they would never trust her again. She had betrayed them, letting them believe she was harmless, as a star. She had whispered her secrets down to earth, to give her what she wanted. Destruction and revenge. Her power had been immense, now there was not much left. Her weakness surprised her, she had never before been as vulnerable as she was now.

Once she had been a beautiful angel, an angel of The Powers That Be. Her green eyes had been shimmering like emeralds and her long red hair had been flowing in the light breeze. Her wings had been white. She had fallen in love with a man and had become his bride, to his sister's dissatisfaction. Her inclination for power had darkened her senses, slowly consuming her soul and her wings had turned from bright white to grey and then they had shifted to dark grey and then slowly they had turned black.

Her ability to read people's minds had amused her. She had found out that Illyria was in love with her brother, and to cause Illyria more pain, she had killed him. When she had found her dead brother, she had set a trap for the dark angel. She had placed a beautiful mirror at a strategic place and when the angel came there, she couldn't resist to look at herself in the mirror and she was stunned by her own beauty and couldn't tear her eyes away from her reflection. Then Illyria, the ancient demon, had tried to kill her with a sword.

If it hadn't been for Selene, the oracle, Celeste would have been dead. The oracle had carried her back to heaven and then the fallen angel had become a star, trapped in the sky, unable to move. Until now, that was...

Illyria had taken her down and had put her in a box, with a helping hand. He was leaning against a tree, smiling towards Illyria and she knew she couldn't have done this alone, not without his magic. She watched as he changed back into a unicorn and then he slowly disappeared in the darkness.

Illyria sat down next to a tree, while she was guarding the box with her borrowed magic through the night. When the morning came, she brought the star to a dark cave and bound the box with a magical net, leaving the responsibility to guard the star to the unicorn. The Powers That Be had to decide what to do with her. He would keep her safe, until the oracles would come and get her and bring her back to heaven for another trial.

Cordelia and Buffy had seen Illyria fighting Celeste in their dreams and they knew that the oracles had seen it too. There was only a question of time, before they would deal with her. Buffy let out a sigh and put her arms around Spike's neck, pulling him closer to her.




Meanwhile, at the vineyard, Tara made her way to the shiny weapon. She knew where it was and this time he wouldn't stop her that easily. With only herself to worry about, everything felt so much easier. Without the potentials around, she didn't have to protect them.

It was quiet, Caleb and the bringers were nowhere to be seen and Tara was amazed by how easy it was to lift the Scythe out of the stone. A rush of power flowed through her body as she touched the cold metal and put it in her hands, bringing it back to the house.




Back at the factory Caleb clenched his fists. Who was this woman in front of him? Who did she think she was? Just like the others, he thought. This one was no exception, her blond hair and innocent expression made her look like an angel, but he knew better. She was no angel, she was beneath him, the Eve offering him the apple. And he wouldn't bite in this tantalizing juicy red apple, no matter what she was going to say or do.

He knew better, oh yes he did. He wouldn't taste the forbidden fruit, not now, not ever again. There was no love for him in this world, only faith. He had to believe that his wounds would heal, that he would be able to treasure her memory, to worship the stars she had loved so highly.

No one could be like his dark mistress. No one could ever be like her, because she was gone. And this angel of destruction or whatever she was, made him sick with her short skirt and pink tank. Couldn't she understand that he wanted to be alone? She was still standing there, and he repeated his earlier question. Her silence made him feel uncomfortable.

“Who the hell are you?” he almost yelled.

She smiled mysteriously at him, and he noticed a sparkling pendant, a pink unicorn was hanging around her neck, touching her skin. Pale skin, he thought, just like Drusilla.

“Harmony.” She said in her playful voice, like she was a little schoolgirl.

He just stared at her. Was this some kind of sick joke? Why couldn't she just go away? What was wrong with this disturbing woman? Why wouldn't she leave him alone?

She went to the bed and stared at the dust, that now was covering the rose petals.

“She's gone now.” She whispered in a sad tone, brushing away her hair from her face.

Standing next to him, she gazed at a red rose, still laying intact on the bed. She grabbed the flower and smelled it, bringing it to her nose with a sigh.

“Smell this flower!” She mused. “It smells just like her, like teardrops in the rain.” She held it out to him, but he backed away a few steps from her.


“Was she your sister or something?” Caleb asked, still confused, looking at the rose in her hand, and at her pink nails on the flower stem, carefully avoiding the thorns.

“Sort of.” She answered. “I sired her when Wolfram&Heart brought her back to the living. We needed her to come back to us.”

“So she died before, as a vampire?” Caleb wondered.

“Yes, she got weak and her power wasn't restored in time. She and Spike...”

“What has Spike to do with this?” He interrupted her, frowning.

“They used to be in love.” Harmony sighed. She was still wishing he would fall in love with her, not be in love with Drusilla or worse, be in love with Buffy.

“Disgusting. I bet they lived in sin.” Caleb muttered with jealousy in his voice.

“You have no idea.” Harmony smirked, dropping the rose to the floor, walking away from him.

“Wait, where are you going?” He realized that he sounded a bit too desperate.

She turned around with a smile on her lips. “I've got work to do.”