Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy!
"I can't be a slayer, I'm a wicca, nothing more. I'm useless.” Tara bowed her head.

“No, you're not, pet. You staked a vampire, remember?” Spike told her.

“Did you feel anything when you did it? Strength? Power?” Giles asked her.

“I don't know,” Tara sobbed. “How am I going to be a slayer?”

“I will train you,” Giles promised her.

“We will all support you, Tara.” Willow assured her, kissing her on the lips. “We will all help you, baby.” Willow smiled at her girlfriend.

Spike was standing by the door. I knew that there was something special about Tara, he thought, before he went home, crawled into his bed, hugging one of Buffy's sweaters, feeling her scent before he closed his eyes and fell asleep. Outside his crypt the sun rose.


Spike spent the next day thinking, should he help them training Tara or not? Tara needed help, she had a lot to learn, he knew that. That bloody chip in his head made it hard for him to train her, he couldn't even hit her, because of the pain. How could she learn to fight if she didn't get the chance to practise? Giles wasn't exactly getting younger and Xander, what did he know about fighting? Not so much, not much enough to train a slayer.

Giles had been Buffy's watcher and he had done his job well. Buffy had been easy to train, she hadn't even got the slayers guidebook, Giles had thought that she wouldn't need one. She had been a natural talent, strong and lithe and through the years, she had developed into a very good slayer.

Tara was in the beginning of turning into a slayer, she was called and she had to learn being one. Buffy had been insecure too, in the beginning, but not like Tara was now.


The buffybot was patrolling with Willow, when the darkness fell outside. Tara joined them to study the buffybot, slaying vampires. The buffybot slew two vampires, before she saw Spike. She threw herself in his arms.

“Oh, Spike. I can't stand your sinister attraction. I'm yours.” Spike looked bothered.

“I'll help you,” Willow said, making the buffybot let go of Spike. Tara cleared her throat.

“Will, hadn't you fixed the bot?”

“I did, but some side-effects seem to be hard to get rid off.” Willow looked at Spike, who looked down at the ground, avoiding the bot's attempt to get back in his arms.Willow held her, trying to distract her. Spike went into the darkness and hid in his crypt.

Willow and Tara took the bot home.


Spike sat on his sofa watching TV all night long, when the sun rose, he let sleep claim him. His dreams were full of Buffy. He could see her in front of him, her face smiling, little stars in her eyes and he could feel her scent. She was so close that he could touch her, but he didn't.
She moved her lips and he listened carefully he could hear her.

“Spike, take care of Dawn for me, promise me that. Try to be a better man, seek redemption and do good. I wish I could give you my soul, but you will have to get your own back. I miss you so much, you got a piece of my heart.”

She leaned forward to kiss him, the stars glittering in her eyes, wet of tears. Their lips touched.

Spike woke up with a gasp. The dream had been so real. He had to do what she had told him to do. Take care of Dawn, seek redemption and get his soul back. He touched his lips with his fingertips, her lips had been warm.


Buffy's tears fell in the bowl of water she had in front of herself. The surface of the water was moving when the tears dripped down. A minute ago, she had kissed Spike, then the connection was broken. This was the first part of her training, to contact people in their dreams, leads them in the right direction by her mind, letting her see through a bowl of water, see pictures on the surface.

She felt exhausted, it took a lot of energy to do this. She had succeeded to get a connection, she had thought of Spike, focused on him and when she had opened her eyes she had seen him on the surface. She had been inside his dream and hoped that he would listen to her. She had leaned forward to kiss him and when her lips had touched the surface, she had broke the connection. Maybe there was no kissing in heaven, she thought.

She could see the white bottom of the bowl, she touched it. The water was still warm.

Her wings were fully grown now, she practised everyday in her room, fluttering with them when she was alone. She had to learn to control the telepathy better and then mind-reading before she would be allowed to learn how to fly. Then she had to learn healing and blessing. Defending, she had no problems with that, she had been a slayer after all. But she had to be gentle, no violence that wasn't necessary, she was an angel now. She should help, guide people, save them from disasters, lead them with love, guiding them to be better humans, to make them do better choices.

The oracle taught her every morning. When she had learned telepathy, they began with the mind-reading. Buffy learned how to use the bowl of water like a TV, showing her what she wanted to see, mostly Sunnydale and her friends. She saw Tara, tossing and turning in her bed, afraid of being the chosen one, the slayer. Buffy was surprised to find out that Tara was a slayer now. She wondered if she was going to make it, she had a lot of training in front of her.

She watched Willow, sleeping next to Tara and how she tried to embrace Tara in her sleep to calm her down. Buffy thought of Willow hard and whispered into her friends dream.

“Willow don't give up, help Tara. I will help you, she will be a slayer, just like I was.”

Willow moved in her sleep.

“Buffy?” Willow saw her friend in front of her, in her dream.

“Yes.” Buffy whispered, smiling at her best friend.

“You got wings.” Willow mused.

“I know, sweetie. Don't worry.” Buffy looked happy and Willow closed her eyes, with a smile on her lips.


The oracle took Buffy to a room, letting her practise mind-reading on strangers, seeking help from The Powers That Be. She stood next to the oracle, her face painted with white and silver patterns, reading minds in silence. The guests were told to be quiet as well, before they asked their questions to the oracle. This training was easy, she just had to pick a person, concentrate and listen carefully. She used the water to watch Spike and when she read in his mind, that he was going to do what she had told him to, she smiled.


“Tara, try again.” Giles begged her. “Do it one more time.”

“Giles, I n-need a break.” Tara drank some water from a pink bottle.

“Hit it or kick it, if that's better.” She kicked the sack.

“Good girl, I know you can!” Giles encouraged her, as she kicked the bag again.

“I feel stronger n-now.” Tara smiled at him. I hope it will be enough, Giles thought. He stared at her, when the sack fell to the ground. She smiled.

“Giles, I think I got it now, at least the strength...”