Author's Chapter Notes:
I hope you like the update! :)
When Spike woke up he was greeted by Dawn and Tara. They were sitting in the window recess, reading in old dusty books that seemed to belong to Giles. Before he opened his eyes, he could hear them giggle and he smiled. Dawn would always be close to his heart.

“What are you two doing in my room?” He cocked an eye at them, smiling at the two girls, as they jumped at the sound of his voice. Tara leaned her head backwards to the window frame and smiled mysteriously. Dawn did the same and he could feel that something special had happened.

“Tara just wanted to show you something.” Dawn mused. “Look what she’s got! She's the best!” Tara blushed and when he sat up, he noticed the Scythe, laying on the floor.

“Is that why you're reading?” He wondered, pointing at the weapon.

“No, we're reading about the first slayer, how the Shadow Men used magic to infuse a girl with the essence of a demon and how they used her to fight demons.” Tara explained to the sleepy vampire, who now was leaning on his elbow on the bed.

“By the way, how did you get it?” He asked. “Last time we where there, Molly died.” He looked questioningly at Tara and Dawn and Tara told him how easy it had been to take it.

“So, you just walked in there and took it? That sounds too easy, there must be a catch.” He frowned. “Unless Caleb went to search for Drusilla. If that's the case he knows that she's dead now.” He swallowed hard and waited for their reaction.

“But, she died years ago.” Dawn objected. “Didn't she, Spike?”

“She was brought back by some reason. I had to kill her, it was for her own good. She broke my heart though, the moment before she turned to dust...” He looked at his hands and pulled them through his hair, blinking away his unshed tears. Dawn jumped down from the window and sat down next to him on the bed, letting him rest his head in her lap.

“She said she couldn't see the stars anymore.” He whispered with his eyes closed.

Dawn let her fingers run through his hair. She and Tara shared a moment of silence. There was no need for words, as Dawn grew even closer to his heart. He loved her in his own way. Both he and Tara knew that she always would be special to him, just like her sister was, the one who had shared his bed and held him tight through the remains of the night. He would never stop loving her. Tara felt the amulet burn in her pocket, but decided that now wasn't the right moment to give it to him. There would hopefully be more opportunities, she thought.




Caleb looked at Harmony when she left, the way she moved made him dizzy, her skirt hugging her hips, swaying from side to side. She was out of reach, but his mind was filled with sinful thoughts, against his own will. He took a step closer and she stopped.

“Wait! Where are you going?” He had to stop her, he had to make her stay with him.

“Where do you want me to go?” She mused. Oh hell, he knew, but no way he was going to tell her that, but she couldn't know, not now, not ever.

“Please come with me.” He begged, now falling to his knees, making a fool of himself.

“If that's what you really want.” She said in a seductive tone, turning around to go to him.

He hesitated. Did he really want her to follow? Was he insane? She came closer and stopped in front of him and lifted his chin with her hand, making him look into her eyes. She giggled.

“Yeah, I wanna show you something.” He managed to say, despite the way she affected him.

“And what's that?” She licked her lips, making him tremble.

“I have the Scythe.” The silence that followed felt like hours, before she spoke.

“Like a weapon will help you?” She played with her hair, suddenly uninterested.

“We'll see, won't we?” He became cocky and he rose from the floor.

“Why don't you show me that shiny weapon of yours?” Harmony suggested with a smirk.

“I will, if you keep your mouth shut.”

“That would spoil all the fun.” She mused. He blushed. What was wrong with this woman?


At the vineyard, he brought her to the stone, where the Scythe had been stuck.

“So where is that Scythe?” Harmony wondered, her patience running out.

“It's gone. She must have taken it!” He clenched his fists hard.

“Oh, what a shame! Did you bring me here just to show me an old stone? Or did you bring me here to kill you?” Harmony posed, not knowing which leg to stand on, inspecting her pink nails.

“What?”

“You heard me. You have nothing left, I might as well kill you...” She said nonchalantly.

Before he had managed to turn around, she had caught him in her arms and the sound of his neck, when she broke it, had her tingling. She left him drained on the floor, walking away with a satisfied smile on her lips.





Buffy had left early, she had heard the calling, the one that Selene had sent to her during the night. She knew her place and had quickly returned to heaven. She knew that there would be a trial, to decide the star's destiny.



Celeste was placed in the middle of a triangle. She was still sealed in her box. In the three corners sat the oracles, the angels and the higher beings. On a throne, next to the oracles, sat a white lion, he was the judge, and he was the wisest of them all.

Selene eyed the star, then she nodded to the lion. “Let the trial begin.”

“Not without me!” A woman stepped out from nowhere with a black panther by her side.

“And you are?” The lion asked, tilting his head to the side.

“Lilah Morgan, attorney at Wolfram&Hart.” He eyed her with curiosity.

“I see.” The lion nodded, then he looked at Celeste. “Right then, swear the ode. Not like it matters, we can read your mind like an open book anyway, but it's a tradition, so please swear the ode to us.” Celeste did as he told her.

“I swear to tell the truth, and nothing but the truth, you mighty lion of this heavenly realm.”

The lion seemed pleased and opened an old book, starting to read loud and clear, the history of Celeste and what had happened to her through the years. When he was done with the reading, he put the book aside and turned to Lilah.

“Is that correct?” He asked her, waiting for her answer patiently.

“My client may have crossed the line, but you have no right to keep her in that cage.” Lilah answered, with a hint of irritation in her voice. “She doesn't belong there.”

Cordelia stepped forward. “As a higher being, I cherish the one who put her there. This woman is pure evil, she has no soul, not any longer. She will destroy all of us, including you.”

“Once, Cordelia, she was like you, she had a white heart and a pure mind.” The lion said. “Don't judge her too hard. What she has done is terrible, we all know that, but forgiveness is the greatest gift, we shall heal her soul. We should have done that a long time ago. We have played our part in this too, we are guilty for causing her pain.We should have shown her the right way, before the dark side had the chance to win her over, before her wings went grey.”

Lilah interrupted him. “So, Your Lion, you mean that you are wrong, that we should release her?”

“Not yet. Everything has its time.” He looked down and the silence that surrounded them for a moment had a relaxing effect on the listeners. He bowed his head, before he began speaking again, he slowly raised his head and he looked at all of them. And as they gazed into his green catlike eyes, they were filled with some of his wisdom.

“There's no place in heaven for evil. We serve the goodness in the world. We must keep it that way. We help people make good choices and lead them to better decisions. We don't teach them to hate.” He became silent for a moment, before he continued his speech..

“There must be both good and evil on the earth, they can't exist without each other, there must be a balance. A balance that ensures that justice has its way.” He turned to Celeste and eyed her, making sure that she realized the importance of his words.

“We know that you have manipulated Drusilla and that priest Caleb and made them try to drain the slayer lineage. Too bad, both of them are dead by now. They won't cause more damage now.”

“They had their own will. They made their own decisions.” Lilah added, but the lion didn't seem to take any notice. Instead he took a deep breath and continued.

“Therefore I ask you, Celeste. Guilty or not guilty?”

“Guilty.” Celeste smirked, but no one could understand why. It seemed like Lilah had hidden the star's thoughts, because there was nothing to read in her mind.

“Then why are you smiling?” The lion wrinkled his nose.

“Because it's too late.” She mused. Lilah nodded and the black panther kind of grinned.

“Too late for what?” The lion wondered, holding his breath.

“It's too late. I'm sorry, but you can't stop my army.”

Buffy walked over to the lion and whispered something in his ear and the lion put his paw on the book, while he was listening. Everyone waited for his answer.

“Release her, but keep her in the triangle.” He said, his voice calm and clear.

Cordelia objected. “But, Your Lion, there must be another way.” He could see the panic in her eyes, rising, while Lilah put on her sweetest smile and acted like she'd already won.

“Trust me, I know what I'm doing.” He answered her. In his heart, he knew they all were worried, but he had to do this.

“Do you wish to be free?” He asked her and the star nodded. “Then you have to follow our rules.” He gave her his paw and she took it between her hands.

“I will.” She gave him an honest look and Buffy stepped forward, taking the stars hands in her own, creating a white glow, so bright that they all had to close their eyes. The lion was pleased, he had found a way, a way that would serve them all.

As soon as Buffy touched the star, she had started to change back to an angel, her mind was now pure, her heart white and her beauty stunned them all. Buffy smiled at her and they turned to the oracles, standing hand in hand.

“This was not meant to be. You were supposed to win.” Lilah said, clearly disappointed.

“This was what I wanted, what I wished for. I chose the wrong path and I don't deserve this...” The angel sobbed.

“No, you don't.” Buffy said. “So far, you don't have any powers, you must earn them. You have to make up for your mistakes and let the white light fill your senses, let love in.”

“But...” Lilah objected. The panther turned around and started to walk away from her. “This isn't right, it can't be...”

“Court dismissed!”, the lion exclaimed.