Author's Chapter Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! Enjoy! :)
Tara's training went well, she read the slayer's guidebook and studied older texts about vampires and demons. Willow showed her the database on her computer, but there was something missing. She needed to practise to move in a fight, her fighting skills and technique had to get better. Giles had instructed her how to stake, but it wasn't enough. It was too dangerous to practise on real vampires, she knew that, it was too soon, her fear wouldn't let her do it. She had to learn how to move, maybe she could dance? She swirled around the room, fighting invisible enemies, until Willow caught her in her arms, looking into her eyes, kissing her on the cheek.


Spike stopped by Buffy's house before he left. He wanted to check that Dawn was okay, before he was going to Africa, seeking the demon that might restore his soul, that was what Buffy had wanted him to do, get his soul back. He had heard stories of that demon, and stories about the trials he had to pass. He had thought of it the whole day, and now, when it was dark, he should go, ride his motorcycle, drive all night, sleep at day, hiding from the sun.

He passed Willow on his way to the house, and stopped by to ask her something.

“Willow, have you been dreaming of Buffy lately?”

“Yes, why?” She smiled at him.

“I was just thinking... I had a dream and it was so real, do you think my dream meant something?”

“Dreams always mean something.” Willow looked dreamy. “She had wings in my dream, maybe she's an angel now.” Her eyes were sparkling and he noticed a gleam of sadness in them. He hugged her.

“Take care of Dawn for me, I have to do something, I'll be gone for a while.” Willow promised that she would take good care of Dawn and Spike drove away.


Buffy stood on a cloud, letting her wings flutter, feeling the air under them. The oracle stood next to her, holding her hand.

“You have to believe in yourself, Buffy,” the oracle told her. “Create a picture of yourself flying, hold it in your thoughts and fly.”

“It's not that simple,” she objected, looking down at the clouds below her.

“Believe.”

She closed her eyes and visualized herself flying, letting go of the oracles hand. Her wings started fluttering even more and she lifted from the white cloud about a meter, then she sank down again with a disappointed smile.

“Not bad, we can try again later. You have to believe, don´t be afraid, dear.” The oracle put her hand on Buffy's shoulder.


Buffy went to her room, thinking of Tara, looking in the bowl of water, whispering.

“Tara, follow your heart, sweetie. You have to find the slayer in yourself. Use what you already know, use your magic, learn to fight. I believe in you.”


Spike was in Africa now and he entered the cave, eyeing the demon, asking him for the trials.


Buffy was out on that cloud again, concentrating, her wings started to move, the air under her wings and she found herself lifting from the cloud and she flew up, higher in the sky, floating, her heart filled with joy. She landed on the cloud, put her hands on her chest, turned around and saw the oracle, standing behind her. Her mind told her that the oracle was pleased. Buffy smiled. The oracle cocked her head to the side and Buffy heard the woman's voice inside of her head.

“I'm proud of you, you will become an angel, my best one ever.” They smiled at each other.


Spike passed all three tests, he got his soul back, confused, bruises all over his body, wounds and scars. He looked tired, laying on the ground, exhausted with closed eyes. All the pain he had caused, he saw it in front of his eyes. It was like a never-ending movie. He could feel all the pain, it was like needles sticking him, wounds burning in his soul. The demon had put his hand on Spike's chest, giving him his soul back.

Buffy saw Spike through her water. She cried when she saw his agony, wanted to heal and comfort him, for causing him pain, going through bad memories. She whispered that she loved him, but she wasn't sure if he could hear her, when he was awake.

He looked up at the sky, pleading. “Buffy, give me a sign. Tell me that this has a meaning.”


Tara woke up. Why hadn't she thought of using magic before? It wasn't like she had stopped being a wicca, because she was a slayer now. She touched Willow's shoulder.

“Will, you awake, sweetie? I know w-what to do now, how I can kill the v-vampires, let's go patrolling tonight.”

“As you wish,” Willow answered sleepily. “Shall we bring the buffybot?”

“No, turn her off.” Tara smiled, making plans suddenly felt easy.


When darkness fell, the two girls went out, patrolling.

“Tara, are you sure of this?” Willow had no idea of what was about to come.

“Yes, when we see a v-vampire, we do this spell and he will freeze, he can't m-move and I can easily stake him to dust.” She let her breath out, looking relieved.

“This will be good training, I'm still practising, you know. And Giles said it was okay and he´s my w-watcher, so he should know, d-don't you think so?”

“I have never heard of a slayer who uses magic, but it´s a great idea, Tara. Why shouldn't you be a wicca any longer? That's who you are, a wicca and now a slayer.” Willow took Tara's hand and squeezed it gently with her own. Tara smiled at her, her eyes sparkling.

“I have to find the slayer in me and listen to my heart.”

Willow nodded and put Tara's hair behind her ears. Tara sighed deeply.

“I miss Buffy, she was such a good friend.”

“I miss her too, sweetie.” Willow pressed Tara's hand a bit harder.

“There's so much I wanna ask her, so many questions in my head.” Tara said, while she looked at the sky. “Do you think she's an angel now?”

“I believe in angels,” Willow answered, while she dreamily looked up at the sky.


Buffy flew from cloud to cloud, her heart felt light, she moved with grace, floating in the air, her white wings fluttered, her hair blowing in the wind. The sky was light blue and the sun warmed her skin. She flew a long distance, to practise her endurance and strength.

The oracle had told her that she had to be able fly through dimensions, to help people on the earth. Buffy looked forward to do that, she had been in heaven for one month now and she hadn't met so many persons, except for the oracles.

She rested in her room, thinking of Spike. She touched the water and she could see him, still bleeding. He was sleeping now and she touched his cheek with her fingertips on the surface of the water. She whispered “Don't give up, I love you.”

He smiled in his sleep.