Author's Chapter Notes:
Here comes the next chapter! :)
“Buffy, we have to continue your training. You have to learn how to heal.”

The oracle took Buffy's hands in her own, looking her in the eyes.

“Do you feel the heat? Focus on your heart, let your energy flow out through your hands, let them warm what should be healed.”

The oracle gave Buffy a wounded bird. Buffy held the little blue bird in her hands, caressed its soft feathers. The bird made a sad sound, looking miserable. Buffy sat down and put the bird in her lap, put her hands gently on its wounded body, closed her eyes, freeing love and energy from her heart, letting it go through her arms and reach her hands. It started to glow, soft light came from her hands, warming the little bird, healing its wounded body. The bird closed its eyes, trembling in her lap.

Suddenly, Buffy felt that the little blue bird moved under her hands and chirped . She looked at it tenderly. The bird cocked its head to the side and looked at her with tender-hearted eyes.

“Little bird.”

She whispered softly, while she lifted the bird to her lips and kissed it gently on its head. She lifted her hands up and opened them to give the bird wind under its wings. It took off, flew a bit, came back and sat down on her finger, sat there a while and then flew away, wind under its wings, bursting out a happy tune.

Buffy was touched, her eyes were wet of tears, rolling down her cheeks. The oracle had watched her, now she spoke.

“You healed that bird, just like I healed you, Buffy. It feels good, doesn't it?”

Buffy nodded, not able to speak, stunned by the moment.


Spike was on his way home to Sunnydale. His body ached. He opened the door to Buffy's house and fell down on the floor in the hall, tired and exhausted. Dawn was in the kitchen and ran to him.

“Spike, what has happened to you?”

She sat down on the floor and placed his head in her lap, stroking his hair.

“Dawn, I got my soul back. I did it for Buffy.” His voice cracked.

“I had to go through trials, it wasn't easy, I hope it's worth it.” He could feel that she cried, her tears fell in his hair, she was sharing his pain.

“You really love her, don't you?”

“I do, niblet.” Dawn just held him.

Willow and Tara found them there, in the hall, when they came home from their successful patrolling. Their happy faces disappeared when they saw Spike.

“Oh, w-what has h-happened?” Tara looked worried and touched Dawn's hair softly.

“I'll tell you tomorrow. I don't want to wake him up.” Dawn whispered to them. Willow and Tara went to bed, worried about Spike.

Spike slept with his head in Dawn's lap, he was in safe hands.


Buffy watched them and envied her sister. Oh, how she wished it had been her sitting there with him. She missed him a lot, she had realized that, when she couldn't be with him any longer. Her feelings for him had been growing for a long time, but she hadn't let herself fall in love. Instead she had denied her feelings, putting them away.

She whispered sweet words into his dream and he smiled a little. She lay down in her bed, trying to sleep. She failed and went up, wandering around in her room, thinking of Spike.


The next morning she met the oracle, asking her the question she had been thinking of the whole night.

“There's someone I love and he's hurt, can I heal him?” Buffy looked her in the eyes.

“You mean the vampire?” The oracle didn't look surprised.

“Yes.” Buffy looked down at the white floor.

“I don't know, I've never healed a vampire. You have to be invisible in that dimension, it's too dangerous for you to be visible, you're not finished with your training yet.”

“How do I become invisible?” Buffy asked her.

“I can make you invisible, dear. You could fly there in 5 minutes, your wings are really fast.”

“How do I know the way?” She sounded suddenly insecure.

“Follow your heart, let it lead you. By the way, can you check on a girl, named Fred. I'm afraid she will get sucked into another dimension, named Pylea, against her will, by an evil professor. Save her if you can, she is in L.A.”

“I'll start with Spike. Can I heal him through the water?”

“Try, I'm not sure, I mean he's a vampire. Angels shouldn't be in love with vampires.”

“Tell me about it...” Buffy sighed, but it was a happy sigh.

Buffy thought of Spike, saw him on the surface of the water, put her hands on his chest and started to heal him, during his sleep. The warmth went through her hands to his cold body, making his wounds heal.

“Spike, trust me, I will heal your body,” she whispered.

He felt the heat, coming from her hands and saw her in front of him. Her wings, white and shiny, her eyes glittering stars.

“Buffy? Angel of mine,” he whispered to her.

She took her hands away from his chest. She smiled at him and leaned forward to kiss him, their lips touched and they lost themselves in the moment.

“Buffy?” Spike woke up with her name on his lips.

Dawn woke up as well and yawned sleepily and looked at Spike. All the wounds and bruises were gone, to Dawn's big surprise.

“You heal fast, Spike.” Dawn stroke his hair, looking down at his smiling face.

“It was Buffy. She was here with me. She healed me with her hands,” he mused.

Dawn didn't know what to believe.


Buffy turned invisible and flew to L.A. She saw Fred. She was at school in a library, looking for a book. She found it. Buffy saw an old man, probably the professor. He was about to open the portal, trying to get Fred sucked into it, he couldn't stand that his students were smarter than him. Buffy reached out her hand to grab Fred's hand, but failed. Fred got sucked into Pylea and Buffy was heartbroken. She stole the book, that Fred had been looking for. She decided to post it to Wesley, with a note.

She flew back to heaven, dropping the bad news. She tried to contact Cordelia through her visions, to make Angel help Fred.