Author's Chapter Notes:
Enjoy! :)
Spike found himself in a bed, laying under the cover. The room was dark, the curtains covered the windows well. He looked up at the ceiling, lifted his arms and watched his hands. No wounds, no scars. Had it been a dream? She had been there, her white wings, glittering eyes, warm hands that had healed his wounded body. She was so adorable, his angel. She had to care about him, why would she heal him, a vampire, if she didn't care. Of course, she did care, he thought.

He had seen her in his dreams before, even hearing the words I love you. Words he had longed for, when she had been alive. He closed his eyes, trying to see her in front of himself. The picture of her was clear, her blond hair, intense green eyes, beautifully curved body, white dress, her white soft wings.

She's the light and I belong in the shadows, he thought, sighing. We're not supposed to be together, but love is blind, they say, so maybe we have a chance. He smiled with his eyes still closed.


Tara and Willow finally got a chance to talk to Dawn, making breakfast in the kitchen.

“So, he is alright n-now? I mean, he w-was almost beaten to d-death yesterday?” Tara asked Dawn, while she opened the fridge to get some apple juice. Dawn nodded.

“How could he heal so fast? And what happened to him, in the first place?” Willow wondered. Dawn tried to explain.

“He's confused, he got his soul back, because Buffy wanted him to do that. He had to fight to get it, he went all the way to Africa for her, and then home, to take care of me.” She frowned.

“But now it's the other way round, I take care of him.” Dawn shrugged and smiled at Tara and Willow.

“Was it magic, the healing? Cause I didn't do anything. Did you, Tara?” Willow looked from Dawn to Tara, wondering who had healed Spike.

“No, n-not me either.” Tara shook her head. Dawn cleared her throat.

“He says that Buffy healed him, that she was an angel.”

“An angel?” Willow said. “Yes, I've seen her, in my dreams and I think you have too, Tara?”

Tara nodded. “Yes, she was an angel, speaking to me in a dream.”

“Why hasn't she showed herself for me?” Dawn wondered. “I'm her sister.”

“Don't w-worry, sweetie, I'm sure she's got a good reason,” Tara assured her, taking a sip of her apple juice.


Buffy had a good reason. It hurt too much. Leaving Dawn hadn't been easy, she missed her younger sister a lot, it was like she had lost her child. Buffy had been like a mother for Dawn, since their mother had passed away. She knew that Spike, Willow and Tara would take care of Dawn now, when she couldn't do it any longer. She had been about to show herself for Dawn in her dreams, but every time she had tried, big tears had rolled down her cheeks and she had to stop. She didn't want to worry Dawn, she wanted to give her strength and comfort, not worries. She watched Dawn in the kitchen and decided to try again, to show herself for Dawn, telling her younger sister that she still loves her.


At night, Tara and Willow, went out patrolling again. Willow did the spell and Tara staked the vampires, but Tara thought it was too easy, it was getting boring.

“Will, let me try w-without the spell. I've been training and I think I can do it.”

“It's good to use magic.” Willow looked coldly at her, her eyes looked like ice.

“Don´t you think you use too much? You do spells for almost everything. Willow, I'm scared, you scare me w-with all that magic.” Tara begged.

“It was your idea, the freezing spell.” Willow looked away, not meeting Tara´s gaze.

“Yes, I am still learning how to fight and I thought it was the easiest way to slay vampires by freezing them and maybe that is true, but I never w-wanted you to freeze to ice, love.” Tara sobbed, biting her lip. Willow didn't answer.

“I didn't have to worry about getting hurt. And besides, your eyes look black, w-when you use too much magic, this has to stop.” Tara begged Willow. “Please tell me, that you will stop.”

Never, Willow thought, taking Tara's hand in her own, going home in silence.


I will never give up magic, I am magic. Willow looked at herself in the mirror, her eyes looked a little black, Tara hadn't been lying about that. Willow inspected herself and a cruel smile appeared on her lips. By the mirror sat Amy, the rat, watching her with her peppercorn eyes. Willow lifted Amy in her hands and looked her in the eyes.

“Do you want to have some fun? Use magic with me? You used to be such a good witch, maybe we should break your spell...”

Willow smiled at herself in the mirror and put the rat down, saying a spell. Amy turned to human, confused and naked. Willow handed over a yellow dress to her and some shoes.

“Let's go and have some fun, Amy.” Willow took her hand, sneaking out of the house.

“Sounds good to me. I know just the place to go, if you still like magic...” Amy smiled seductively to Willow, when they went out through the door.


Meanwhile, at Angel Investigations.

“Pylea? What kind of dimension is that?” Cordelia asked Wesley. “Have you heard of it before? It doesn't sound like a nice place and according to my vision, it´s an awful place even though it´s sunny most of the time, but the creatures, who live there, I wouldn't want to meet them. They treat humans like slaves.”

“No, haven't heard of it, but this book will surely answer our questions and the note, which followed the book, says we must go to that library and read loud from the book there to open a portal to Pylea, a demon dimension, to save her.”

“Yes, I know where that library is.” Cordelia frowned, like she had headache.

“Angel can save her, that girl, what was her name again, Cordy?” Wesley stopped reading in the book and looked up at her.

“Fred, she is really smart, a top student, she's pretty, too bad she has ugly glasses, no sense of style there,” Cordelia muttered.

“Angel can bring her home, can't he? We have to hurry. Time goes faster in that dimension.”

Wesley took his jacket and the book under his arm and ran with Cordelia to get Angel.

“I hope it's not too late, please, Cordy, don't tell me it's too late to save her.” Wesley took her hand is his and followed Angel to the library, his heart beating hard in his chest.