Oh no. Buffy could feel shivers down her spine as she and Riley arrived to the docks. She could only see guys. She didn’t like Darla or Drusilla but then at least she wouldn’t have been the only girl! Oh this was bad. Really, really bad..

She complained to her friend but he calmed her, telling her that he’d talked to Xander that morning and he was definitely bringing Faith. But she couldn’t relax, not until she saw another girl with her own eyes.

They carried their bags towards the small beach. Buffy could see only Spike, Angel and Xander.

“Hey Buffy! Riley!” Xander called and waved at them. Buffy smiled and waved back despite the chaos she felt inside.

“So, you’re the Buffy I’ve been hearing about?” A female voice said behind them. They turned and saw a young woman with big, dark eyes and dark hair that barely reached her shoulders. She was pretty and Buffy felt so relieved to see her. Buffy smiled and nodded.

“I’m Faith. Glad to see there’s another girl on this trip.”

“Me too. I thought Darla and Drusilla were coming too but I don’t see them anywhere.”

“That’s right. They had a change of heart when they heard I was coming along. Guess I’m good for something.” She smiled and walked up to Xander and handed him a flashlight. Buffy was surprised to see her get a kiss in return. She thought Xander was interested in Riley but maybe she had been mistaken.

“Hello there!” Angel met them with a shining smile. Buffy could feel her insides melt.

“Hi.” She said. She couldn’t think of anything else to say. It was like meeting Angel meant she had an instant lobotomy.

“Riley.”

“Angel.” The big guys greeted each other with a manly handshake.

“You look tall and strong. Could you help us with the tents and some of the gear?”

And then Angel took Riley with him and immediately put him to work. Buffy was alone again. But right now it was okay since she got to see Angel bend over, showing his round buttocks.

“He is so fine.” Faith came up next to her and smiled.

“Who?”

“Angel.”

“Oh. Y-You like him?”

“Oh yeah! I wouldn’t mind him sleeping in my tent, if you know what I mean?” Faith laughed, lit up a cigarette and then walked away to join the boys.

“She’s not his type.” A low murmur came from behind, making her jump. Buffy turned to see Angel’s tail. She hadn’t noticed him disappearing from the others.

“She’s not?” Buffy felt a bit relived over that. Faith was everything Buffy was not.

“Nope.”

“Didn’t you just help Angel with the boat?”

“Yeah. But your little boytoy came and rescued me.”

“Riley is not my boytoy!”

“Right.”

They stood beside each other and watched the others work. Buffy was fuming so she thought she better get down to the rest of the gang before she did something stupid like smacking Spike in the face. When she looked at him and he smirked at her she left his side.

“Hey. Can I do anything to help?” She offered when she came up to the boat. Faith looked up at her.

“Nah, we’ve got it covered, princess. We wouldn’t want you to break a nail, now would we?”

“Princess?” Buffy wasn’t fuming. She was about t burst into flames any second now. “Princess?!”

Riley suddenly came out of nowhere and got between them.

“Hey. We haven’t even gotten out of the docks yet. Take it easy.”

“Sure.” Faith smiled and turned her back at them.

After another twenty minutes they were ready to go. The medium- sized motorboat was really crowded with both people and gear. And of course Buffy got to sit beside Spike and Xander while Faith got to sit between Angel and Riley. Buffy already hated this weekend. It couldn’t possibly get any worse.

“I told you she was a bitch.” Spike said and gave her a lopsided grin and Buffy couldn’t help to smile a little.

*****

They got to the island a bit over two hours later. Buffy’s neck and shoulders ached and her hair was a total mess. Before Faith could say anything about it, she grabbed a trunk and lifted it from the boat. It was heavy and didn’t exactly help her aching muscles.

“Here, let me help you with...”

“I can handle it!” She almost shouted.

“Sorry.” Angel put his hands in the air and took a step back.

“Angel, I’m sorry. I...” and there she had another of those instant lobotomies. But this time she closed her mouth and marched passed him, carrying the trunk to where Xander was pointing.
*****

After they had unloaded the boat, Buffy had a good look on the island. It was kind of small but big enough for everything that was on the agenda for this weekend. And it was definitely big enough to have the tents at least twenty feet apart. With a little luck she could avoid Faith for some time. There were even bushes she could hide behind if necessary.

Suddenly a platinum blond head came into her sight.

“A penny for your thoughts.” Spike said, stopping when he was standing beside her and looking at the same things she was.

“I was thinking about the tents. If we place them right, I might just avoid Faith enough to get through this weekend.”

“Sounds like a good plan. You think I can pull that off too?”

For the first time since the journey started Buffy actually smiled a genuine smile. Who knew Spike was the one to drag it out of her?

“Oh well, time for me to go. The poof is waving at me. I guess that means he has a job for me.” He turned to walk away.

“Hey, Spike.” He turned back half way and looked at her. “Thank you.” Buffy meant it.

“No problem.” Spike shrugged and joined Angel in unpacking some of the food they brought.
*****

“Dammit!” Xander shouted as he accidentally pushed one of the big bags into the water. “Fucking shit!”

“What?” Angel opened another can of beer and settled back in the grass.

“That was one of the tents!”

“Ah, Xander. Didn’t your dad teach you anything?” Faith let out a puff of smoke as she helped him fish it out of the water.

“Not a damned thing. What the hell should we do?”

“Well, there are two tents left. We are six people. We can fit. I can share tent with Angel and Spike and you can sleep with Riley and Bunny.”

“Not bloody likely!” Spike protested. “I am not sharing a tent with you.”

“Come on Spike. Where’s the love?” She puffed out smoke again.

“Well, not in our tent, that’s for sure.”

“Fine, so I’ll share with the others and Xander can sleep with you.”

“No way!”

“What? I thought you liked Xander.”

“He snores like a bear!”

“Well, what else can we do? Huh?”

“Wait, wait.” Xander interrupted the discussion. “ I know. I can go back and borrow a tent from Andrew.”

“That’s good of you Xander But that’s like four hours ´till then. It’ll be dark before you get back.” Angel said.

“Not necessarily. The boat isn’t as heavy this time around. Only... I need someone to go with me. ”

“Why?”

“Because if I meet Andrews parents they are going to ask me stuff and it will take me another two or three hours to get out of there. I need someone to drag me away so I don’t look like an ungrateful ass. So, who’s coming with me?”

Spike snorted and held up his bottle of beer. Riley held up his bottle of beer. Angel burped his beer, no need to ask him. Xander looked at Buffy and Faith.

“I guess it has to be one of you ladies then. Tell me at least one of you haven’t had any alcohol to drink.”

Buffy smiled sadly at him and held up her bottle of red wine.

“Aw dammit!” Faith put down the beer she was about to open. She had just taken off her top, showing off her bikini. She pulled her top back on. “Fine, Xan. Let’s go.”

The two left the rest of them in a comfortable silence.

“Spike?”

“What now, Angel?”

“How much beer have you had?”

Spike looked at his bottle.

“One sip.”

“So you could have gone with Xander if you wanted to?”

“Yup.”

They all snickered.

“Riley? How much beer have you had?”

“Two gulps.” They all snickered again.

“I’ve had one whole beer myself. I guess that means Buffy’s had most to drink yet.”

“Look again.” When she had their attention she held the bottle upside down. “I haven’t even opened it yet.”

That caused them all to laugh so hard they all had to wipe tears away. When they calmed down they toasted to their own brilliance.

Little did they know it was about to become the weekend to change their lives forever...

TBC