Summary: Buffy Summers has just moved to Sunnydale with her mom and sister. She needs a summer job so she can save up and buy new parts for her motorbike! What better job could she do then be a helper at the local Camp that is held in Sunnydale every year? There she can make some new friends of her own and maybe romance will fill the summer skies!

Settling In.

Buffy watched as the trees passed by. She had been driving for the past 3 hours behind her mom. Since her parents divorce 6 months ago, Buffy had been expecting the move, her mother had always hated LA and this was the perfect time for them all to start a new life.

“You’ll make plenty of new friends, honey.” Joyce told her youngest, Dawn, after she told them about the move and Dawn had burst into tears, ran up the stairs and phoned all her friends.

Of course Buffy didn’t care because since she had stopped thinking about her appearance all the time, her friends had ditched her. Buffy hadn’t been the most popular girl in school, but she had plenty of friends, until those eight months ago when her father had walked out of their lives. It had gotten so much worse when she found out that her parents divorce was finalized.

That was when Dawn seemed to become extremely popular, at 16 she had her whole life ahead of her but all she thought about was boys, make up and cheerleading. Even thought Buffy was a year older then Dawn, she always felt younger because her sister towered over her in height. It was a little intimidating but she knew her sister would never use it against her, they were too close for that to happen.

As she watched her mom pull into their new driveway, Buffy slowed down to see what her new house looked like. It was smaller than their old house in LA but that wasn’t hard as their house in LA had been just as big as a mansion! This house though looked more homely and lived in. The garden looked lovely and neat.

Buffy watched as the moving men walked in and out of the house, bringing their furniture with them. As Dawn got out of the passenger door, she ran into the house and up the stairs. Buffy didn’t care where her room was, as long as she had somewhere to sleep.

“You OK Buffy?” Her mom asked as she walked over to the bike.

“Yeah I’m fine.” Buffy said, turning off the ignition and taking off her helmet.

“Did you see the sign about needing people for a summer camp?” Joyce asked. Ah, typical mother always finding what her daughter needed.

“No, but I’m sure you got the number for me didn’t you!” Buffy smiled.

“Of course, I just need to find where Dawn put it first.” Joyce told her, laughing.

“Well I think the next time we move, I should pick the location, this has got to be the smallest town I have ever been to!” Buffy said as they walked towards the house.

“Shut up!” Joyce laughed and tapped Buffy on the arm.

“Child abuse, right in front of other people!” Buffy whispered giggling.

“Just get in the house.” Joyce sighed, trying to look angry but couldn’t stop the smile.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Buffy lay on her bed that night thinking about everything that had happened. Surprisingly, Dawn hadn’t taken the largest room, but Buffy thought it was only because she could she the guy next door from her room. She didn’t mind though so it was all good. She wished she could go for a ride, but her mom wouldn’t allow her go at night into this new town.

Maybe she could sneak out. Her door was locked so her mom couldn’t come in and the tree outside looked like she could climb down it. That was an idea! She grabbed her keys and helmet and opened the window slowly. As she stepped onto the roof, she placed her helmet on her head so she would have both hands free and began to climb down the tree, she nearly slipped once, which was good for her first time climbing down the tree! Happy with herself, Buffy walked to the front drive, pushed her bike far enough away so that her mom wouldn’t know it was her and started the engine. The bike purred under her and she sped off down the road, not noticing that she had an audience.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Spike stood underneath his dad’s bedroom window waiting for the light to be turned off. He had been grounded for the past two days and his dad had no idea that his son could still sneak out. How was he supposed to know that if you put a lighted cigarette in the bin, it would set on fire! Really! Across the road, he watched a figure with a helmet on walking their bike up the road. It looked like a pretty expensive bike, but from that distance he couldn’t tell. As the figure got onto the bike, they started up the bike and sped off. Wherever they were off to they were in a hurry, and obviously grounded too, why else would they walk their bike down a road? As he walked down the road, he felt someone watching, turning around he saw no one, until he looked into the distance and saw a girl with long brown hair looking at him, when she saw he had noticed her, she turned around quickly and ran back towards her house. ‘New neighbors!’ Spike raised his eyebrow. Well that’s good news, at least she was definitely gone now. And hey, maybe he could get a look in at that brunette! She didn’t look too bad, and god knew that he needed something to keep his mind from… no, he was not going to say her name anymore. Spike took out a fag and lit it as he walked towards the bronze. She may have been gone for a while, but he could still never forget her.

As he walked down the street he saw Willow walking out of her house.

“Hey Red!” He smiled as he ran to catch up with her.

“Hello Spike!” Willow smiled as they began to walk together.

“Oz performing tonight?” Spike asked her.

“Yup! I can’t wait to hear their new song, from the rehearsals, it sounded really good!”

“I bet it did, are they still lookin’ for a lead singer and guitarist?” Spike asked, looking at her with his known smirk.

“No Spike, not after last time, you and Xander nearly killed each other.” Willow explained.

“I promise I’ll be good this time.” Spike smiled kindly.

“I’ll put in a good word.” Willow sighed as they reached the Bronze.

“You’re my star red!”


Please review and tell me what you think!