Buffy moaned as her mom knocked on the door. She hadn’t got in till the early hours of the morning, so it had been a long night! She had found a spot up a hill that you could see the whole of Sunnydale from. It was so beautiful, Buffy had lost track of time and before she knew it, it was nearly 3 o’clock.

“Buffy, open this door. Guess who got you a job interview!” Joyce said through the door.

“I’m not working in your gallery am I?” Buffy asked, knowing that if it was, she was definitely not taking the job, she loved her mom very much, but they were completely opposite when it came to their hobbies and Buffy hated Art with a passion.

“No, don’t worry. I found that number for the summer camp and you have an interview in two ours with the person who runs the camp every year, he sounds very nice!” Joyce said with a smile as she heard her daughter getting up and unlocking the door.

“Where is it?” Buffy asked as she tried to tame her hair with her hands.

“It’s a few miles outside Sunnydale, right by the beach, you’ll have to stay their though but the pay is good.” Joyce explained.

“Sounds good to me,” Buffy smiled.

“Yeah and the great thing is that on your days off, he told me that most of the counselors go on trips to different places around the area.” Joyce said excitedly.

“Sounds perfect. Better get ready for this interview then.” Buffy smiled and closed the door, her smile instantly dropped, it was just too early in the morning to be that happy.

-*-*-*-*-*-

“Leave me alone!” Spike shouted as his dad kept banging on his door.

“If you don’t open this door, I WILL kick it down.” Giles shouted to his son.

“Jesus Christ, no need for that.” Spike sighed, picking up a pair of sweat pants and putting them on before he opened the door.

“Oh look, he’s alive!” Giles said sarcastically.

“What do you want?” Spike asked impatiently, his head was killing him and all he wanted to do now was lie back down and go to sleep.

“I have to go to the camp reception today and I want you to come with me. And before you start, no, I definitely don’t trust you alone in this house whilst you’re grounded.” Giles added, stopping any of Spike’s annoyance.

“How long am I gonna be grounded for anyway? We never discussed it and if I am going to be a counselor this year, I won’t be able to be grounded for much longer and I won’t be able to see my friends again till the end of the summer, how fair is that?” Spike asked, leaning against his door.

“Well for one, you sound like a 3 year old girl. And two, your friends are going to be there too, so there is no need for you to see them. Now, get ready. Or do I have to drag you around in your sweatpants?” Giles asked, crossing his arms over his chest. This time he definitely wouldn’t be backing down, maybe it would stop his son from smoking for good.

“Give me two secs.” Spike sighed, slamming his door. Since his mother’s absence, Spike had noticed a big change in his father. Gone were the tweed suits and in its place jeans and shirts. Also, before Giles would never dream of giving out, and if he did, Spike always knew how to push him around. But now, now Giles was stricter then a dictator, and that was saying something! Spike had thought that it was because he had no woman in his life, but he wasn’t going to push his dad into another bad relationship.

After Spike got changed into a pair of black jeans and a black t shirt, he walked down stairs to see the front door was open.

“Da’, what’s the front door doing open?” Spike asked, going to close the door but stopped when he looked outside. There was his dad waiting in the car. “You can’t be serious, I am not going now, I ain’t even ‘ad me breakfast.” Spike complained.

“Tough, now get in the car or we are going to be late.” Giles looked sternly as he started up the car and waited for his son to get in too.

-*-*-*-*-*-

Buffy walked up the few steps that lead her up to the reception of ‘Camp Sunny, where everyone is guaranteed to have a dale of a time!’ She didn’t get it, but obviously someone did! When she walked in, she was greeted by two other girls, about her age. One, a brunette, wore a black tank top and leather pants, the other, a blond, wore a pale grey suit which made her look older then she was.

“Hi, you must be Buffy. I’m Anya and this is Faith.” The one in the suit said.

“Hi!” Buffy said going to shake both their hands.

“So you’re new to town?” Faith asked.

“What made you guess?” Buffy laughed.

“Well, ain’t seen you around, B. And believe me when I say I get around!” Faith smirked as Buffy blushed.

“Faith, leave her alone. Anyway, Giles said he should be another few minutes so just make yourself comfy.” Anya smiled, picking up her bag, Faith following her.

“Wait where are you going?” Buffy asked nervously.

“Oh, don’t worry B, we were only here so that you wouldn’t be welcomed by nothing, we got work to do before camp starts. Prob see you around, he’ll be giving you a tour today.” Faith grinned and they both left. Buffy walked around the small reception to look at all the photos of the kids that had attended the camp. There were so many activities going on in each, Buffy lost count, but she was sure that she would have a lot of fun here.

“Ah, you must be Buffy!” A British voice said from behind her. Turning around she saw a man who was a little older then her mom. He had a friendly smile on his face and his eyes seemed to twinkle with what looked like mischief!

“And you must be Giles!” Buffy smiled back shaking his hand.

“You must have been talking to Anya and Faith, I assume they were here when you arrived?” Giles questioned.

“Yes, they said that you would be here soon to show me around.” Buffy explained.

“Well, no time like the present,” Giles said, waving his hand to indicate she leave the building first. “Camp Sunny is a large place, so naturally there will be plenty of children here, from the campers to the counselors. You shall be set up with my son, William, Willow, a friend of the families and Xander, who you will hopefully meet sometime today. Don’t worry about the fights between Xander and William, they seem to be on going and nothing serious ever seems to come from them.” Giles almost smirked and Buffy laughed. “First I will show you where you will be sleeping and then I shall show you around the grounds.”

“Sounds great!” Buffy said with real enthusiasm.

-*-*-*-*-*-

“So you met her, what’s she like?” Spike asked as he and faith carried tables from the garages into the cafeteria.

“She’s nice enough, got blond hair, small, kinda petite looking if you ask me. A real beach babe is what I would call her.” Faith answered.

“What about her personality?” Spike asked, interested now.

“Jesus, is this the Spanish inquisition? I don’t know, I only welcomed the bird, I didn’t get her life story.” Faith sighed angrily.

“What did he do this time?” Anya asked as she walked towards the two.

“Won’t leave me alone, are you sure you don’t want to swap?” Faith almost begged.

“Hey, I resent that. What’s wrong with me?” Spike asked, trying to look hurt.

“You’re annoying, noisy and my ex, that’s what.” Faith answered.

“And by the way, I would not swap Xander for him. Even though I think Spike would give great orgasms, I think Xander would get a little jealous!” Anya said and she and faith laughed as they watched Spike’s face turn purple.

“Shu’ up.” Spike growled, trying to hide his face in his hands with little luck.

“Hey, get back to work.” Ah, Jenny Calendar. Spike’s dad had yet to work up the courage to ask her out. It was a known fact that he liked her, but Giles and Jenny seemed to ignore it, but the chemistry sometimes exploded.

“Hey Jenny!” Spike smiled as he watched her walking towards them.

“Hey, how are my favorite campers?”

“Good, you hear about the new girl?” Xander asked joining in on the conversation.

“Yup, Giles told me she was coming earlier. New to town so I want you all to be nice to her.” Jenny warned.

“Don’t worry, we will!” Anya smiled sweetly. Before any of them could say another word, Giles approached them with a blond following.

“Buffy, I would like you to meet Xander, William and Jenny.” Giles pointed to each. Buffy smiled as she looked at the goofy brunette then to the smiling woman, when her eyes settled on William, they nearly popped out of her head. He was gorgeous, and that was putting it lightly, and from the looks of things, he was checking her out too.

“Hey Buffy.” Xander waved and Buffy smiled back. Spike took her hand and placed a kiss on her knuckles, all the while keeping a grin on his face.

“Nice to meet you Buffy.” Jenny smiled and shook her hand.

“Well we’d best keep going. Buffy will be starting here tomorrow, I’ve put her with you and Xander.” Giles explained to his son. Spike smirked, it looked like this summer was definitely looking up!

Please review and let me know what you thought!