Buffy decided when she got home to relax beside the swimming pool. It was great, as she hadn’t had one at her old home, Buffy felt that she was in heaven, which was until she opened her eyes.

“What the FUCK!” Buffy screamed as she looked across the garden and saw a soaking wet and muddy chocolate Labrador.

“Buffy! What is it?” Dawn asked as she ran out. As soon as she saw the dog, she began laughing. “What a goofball! Have fun washing him sis!” She laughed, walking back inside.

“God, why did I ask mom to get you, you are just an ache in my side!” Buffy sighed as she walked towards him, but before she could reach the dog, he ran towards her and jumped. “Monty! Get off me!” She screeched as the filthy dog began licking her.

“Need some help there?” Buffy heard a voice coming from her left. When she looked, she saw a guy about her age standing at the fence between her house and his, he was tall, dark and handsome. All what a girl asked for.

“No, it’s ok, I think I got it!” Buffy smiled as she shoved the dog off her and got up, trying to wipe the dirt off her. She grabbed the towel and wrapped it around her.

“I’m Angel.” He smiled as she walked towards him.

“Hi, I’m Buffy.” She smiled back.

“You’ve got him well trained I see!” Angel laughed as he watched the god running around the garden.

“Yeah, he’s definitely a handful, but he’s only a year so that’s to be expected, right?” Buffy asked and Angel laughed.

“Angel!” someone called from inside his house.

“That’s my mom, I’m suppose to be laying the table. See you around Buffy.” His smile turned into a 100 watt smile and all Buffy could do was nod and go weak at the knees. “Well, bye.” And with a wave he was gone.

“Ooooh, Buffy and Angel sitting in a tree!” Dawn laughed, she had heard and seen everything.

“Shut up, what age are you? Come here Monty, let’s see what we can do about getting you all nice and clean.”

-*-*-*-*-*-

As Spike walked into the park, he noticed all the looks he was getting and smirked devilishly at every lady that he passed. As soon as he was on the track, he began to soar through the park, whirling passed every other person in the park. He may have been grounded, but there was no way his dad could stop him from doing this, it was the only thing he would approve of in Spike’s life.

As Spike raced passed the dog walk, he didn’t have time to stop it, there seemed to be a dog running, directly at him. Spike went to stop, but it was no use, they were bound to connect. As soon as the paws were on his shoulders, he was down.

“Ger off me!” Spike said as the dog began to lick at him.

“Monty! God I’m sorry, I have no idea how he got loose.” Buffy said as she hauled the dog off him.

“It’s ok.” Spike said as she took the offered hand. Once he saw who it was, he smirked. “I suppose I won’t sue miss. Summers, if you go out with me tonight!” Spike told her.

“What, em… I mean, why?” Buffy asked as she tried to keep her dog away from him.

“Because, I feel we could have a good night, that’s why. So it’s settled, I will collect you at 7. Dress to impress!” Spike smiled and began jogging backwards, away from her.

“Wait, I didn’t even say yes.” Buffy shouted to him.

“You didn’t have to luv.” Spike laughed, faced forward and raced off.

“Ugh!” Buffy stomped her foot as she dragged Monty away from the park.

-*-*-*-*-*-

“That is the last time I’m taking him to the park.” Buffy said as she took the lead off Monty and he ran to the kitchen, waiting for his dinner expectantly.

“Hello to you too. Why won’t you take him to the park again?” Joyce asked.

“Because, he got me a date, and I don’t want it.” Buffy sighed angrily, flopping on the couch, just as Monty came in with his bowl in his mouth. “God, he’s so arrogant and rude!” Buffy said.

“Aw Mont, she didn’t mean that!” Joyce said as she rubbed his coat.

“Not Monty, William. He thinks he’s god’s gift to this green earth!” Buffy told her.

“Alright, why don’t I feed him and then we can sit and talk about what’s happened.

When Joyce came back, Buffy explained everything from when she saw Monty covered in mud, bringing him to the park and her getting a date.

“Well he can’t be that bad, I mean he did sound quite nice, the way he asked you out. I’m sure he just didn’t want to be knocked down.” Joyce explained.

“Ha! Yeah right. Wait till you see him tonight. Oh great, I have to get ready now. God I hate him!” Buffy said, storming up the stairs so she could find an outfit. She had to choose between a red halter and leather pants, or a pleated mini skirt and black shirt corset. After a while, she chose the mini and corset and put on her make up. At 7 the doorbell rang and Buffy heard her mother open the door and greet the person behind it. Looking in the mirror, Buffy knew she looked hot. She put on a few squirts of perfume and smiled to herself. He would learn to mess with her tonight.

Walking down the stairs, she saw him look up, whilst talking to her mom. He stopped at the sight of her. She was so radiant and Spike felt himself staring, but couldn’t help it.

“Hey, so where we off to?” Buffy asked, twirling her hair around her finger and trying to look innocent.

“Em… well…” Spike couldn’t find the words, never in his life had he seen something so beautiful as she.

“I suppose em well is a great place!” Buffy laughed and Joyce looked at her scornfully.

“Sorry, we’re going to the Bronze. It’s the local club.” Spike said, getting back his voice. “Wow, you look beautiful.” Spike sighed, forgetting that Joyce was there.

“Thank you!” Buffy blushed. She may be pissed at him but he was still hot!

“Well, I expect you to be back no later then 1 o’clock.” Joyce told them.

“Don’t worry Mrs. Summers. I will.” Spike promised.

“Alright, well you two have fun.” Joyce smiled as they walked out and she closed the door behind them.

“Sorry luv, but we’re going to have to walk. My da’ has grounded me so I shouldn’t even be on this date. If the car is gone he’ll definitely know.” Spike informed her.

“That’s ok, we can take my bike!” Buffy beamed, pointing to the sheet covering her bike.

“So you’re the one who owns that beauty. But how will you manage with that skirt?” Spike asked, looking appreciatively at her legs.

“Don’t’ worry, I’ve driven in worse!” Buffy winked and Spike groaned.

Please tell me what you think, I don’t know whether it’s good enough to keep writing!