Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the long delay. Guess I should explain something, huh? Okay, before I started posting here I had chapter one through ten written and posted over at FF.net, but then I ran out of written chapters and I had to write a new one. But since I'm the slowest updater in the history of updaters, it always takes a while...so, sorry!
Et voila, it’s chapter eleven! Ooh! Finally!


Ooo


Oooooo


Ooo


“So first you turn into yourself from the future, and then that same you shows up here?” Angel asked. They’d been walking in the direction of Buffy’s home, while she filled him in on what had been happening that evening.

“I don’t know if she was exactly from the same time, but yeah, pretty much.”

“Why aren’t you back at the library, then? Don’t you wanna know how and why she came here?”

“I think I already know,” She answered grimly, the image of her and Spike in each other’s arms flashing through her mind. “Besides, I was feeling kinda beat. Thought I’d call it a night.”

Angel took a doubtful glance at her, but said nothing.

Finally they arrived at Buffy’s house. She turned to look at him. Would Spike be jealous if he saw me and Angel… She shook the thought off. Of course he wouldn’t be jealous, he has who he really wanted all along now. Maybe she really should just give dating Angel another try. She still liked him very much, and he was caring and sweet to her. She did remember what Spike had told them about what would happen if she and Angel ever slept together, but that didn’t mean they couldn’t still just be together, right?

Her mind made up to try and forget about Spike, she smiled up into Angel’s eyes and took his hand in hers. “Angel? You know how you said you wanted to go out on a date?”

He smiled a little smile, “Of course I remember.”

“Well, I was just thinking…a date sounds really nice.”

“Yeah? You’re sure?” He asked hopefully.

“I’m sure,” She replied. Carefully she leaned in and pressed her lips to his in a chaste kiss, all the while trying to block the feel of another souled-vampire’s lips from her mind. She purposely let the kiss linger a little longer before she pulled back and bade Angel goodnight. Yup, Spike’s as good as forgotten. In fact, it’s more like ‘Spike who?’ now. Getting those soft kissy lips and that sexy accent from my mind will be as easy as…something that’s…easy.

Oo

Oooo

Oo

Willow had just finished telling young-Willow and Giles about how they had gotten these new memories and about the spell she used to go back in time. Her younger self was gaping at her with wide eyes and Giles had once more taken off his glasses and was now cleaning them with great concentration.

“Giles?” She prodded, when he still hadn’t said anything after a minute.

“Hm?” He looked up, as if startled. “I’m sorry, I’m trying to adjust to this all. You’re so…I – I mean, it’s – it’s a rather big, erm, change, to – to, uhm…” He trailed off, not quite sure knowing how to say what he wanted without making the Willow of this time feel inadequate in some way.

“I – I just can’t believe it,” Y-Willow said, “You’re really me? Y – You’re so confident a-a-and all…witchy!”

Willow gave her a smile that had a sad little twist to it. The image of her younger self reminded her of all that had happened in her life, how it had scarred her, changed her…”Don’t worry, I’m still me – or, you – only, you know, older,” She said, wondering to herself if that was actually true.

Giles regarded her with a curious expression, seeing the doubt of her own statement reflected in her eyes. He saw how different she actually was. There was a maturity around her that was way beyond her years, and he wondered about all the trials she’d had to endure in her life alongside of the Slayer.

“Uhm, do you think Buffy – I mean, the older one, and Spike will be gone long?” Y-Willow asked, wanting to change the subject; the topic of her own future unsettled her a little for some reason.

The older Willow shrugged, “Who knows. I mean, from what I’ve heard, those two can be going at it for several ho – “ She trailed off when she saw the shocked looks on their faces, “Ehh, I mean, uh, they’ll probably be back soon.”

Oo

Oooo

Oo

“One question though, love. How’re you plannin’ on getting’ me back? My body kind of dusted ‘n all,” Spike commented after hearing Buffy tell the tale.

Buffy looked a little taken aback. “Oh. Well, uhm…eh…we kinda didn’t think about that part,” She said with a frown. “Our focus was more on the getting here part.”

“Hm hm…” Spike nodded, but sounded a little doubtful.
“What is it?”

“’s just, the reason I agreed to go back in the first place was so I could try ‘n give you a life tha’s a bit less hard…”

“Spike, I don’t care about that. I don’t even want that.” Spike’s head shot up in surprise. “I just want you to be with me, and I don’t need a different life for that. Hell, changing the past might not even give me you.”

“But, love, that’s the point. You won’t mind then, coz that shiny new ‘n improved life’ll be all you know.”

“Spike, didn’t you hear what I said? I don’t want a so-called better life. I just want you.”

“Yeah, I heard, love, but jus’ –“

“Oh god,” She gasped and looked at him with hurt in her eyes, “I didn’t want to believe it, but it’s true…”

“What?” Spike frowned.

“You really didn’t believe me. I’d hoped you were just saying that to get me out of there, but you didn’t…”

“Buf –“

“No. You have to know, I mean why else would I go through all this trouble to find you?” She searched his eyes, “I love you. Okay? I. love you. You think I’d just say it if I didn’t mean it? These past few weeks, knowing you were gone forever...I don’t think I would have survived if it hadn’t been for this.”

Spike looked at her with amazement. Never before had Buffy talked to him so openly, telling him words as wonderful as these. “Buffy, sweetheart, I did believe you. I promise. I just had to get you out of there. But ‘s just, I wanted to help you, for a change. Try ‘n make yer life a bit better.”

She smiled and laid a hand on his cheek, “I know. But just being able to do this,” she kissed him softly, “has already made my life better.”

Spike let out a joyful laugh, “God, I love you woman.”

“Love you,” She replied before their lips met all over again. He pulled her as close as was humanly possible, bringing every inch of their bodies in contact. “God you feel so…” Buffy whispered breathlessly in between kisses. “Do you have…some place we could go?” She then asked.

“But what about er, the two Reds an’ all? Shouldn’t we suss this out first?” Spike asked, Sod it, why did I say that?

She frowned at him and jutted out her lip, “I don’t want to. I just need you, need to feel you,”

He groaned at the sight of that lip and couldn’t resist from sucking it between his own once more.

“But I guess you’re right. We can’t leave Willow all alone with the two juniors.” Buffy said with a resigned sigh, and reluctantly turned to open the door, leaving Spike to follow her, mumbling what sounded like a good natured “bloody tease,” under his breath.

They crossed the hall and re-entered the Library, where they found the others, seemingly waiting for them. “Hey guys, everything okay?” Buffy asked.

“It’s fine,” Giles said, “Willow here er, told us about the spell. Though I’m still curious as to how it was that you received new memories of what was going on here. I-I’d presume with er, time travel, the future would immediately be altered.”

Buffy shrugged and shared a look with Willow, “We didn’t really understand that either. I was just happy that I did get them, otherwise I wouldn’t know Spike was here,” She said and gave Spike’s hand a little squeeze. She turned her attention to Willow, “Wills, Spike just came with a very good point…we haven’t thought about how to get Spike back with us.”

Willow frowned, “Well not extensively, but it did cross my mind that that would be a problem. But seeing as you were in such a hurry I focused more on getting us here,”

“Yeah that’s what I said.”

“But I mean, we could do the research over here just as well.” She frowned, “Although, with how slow I remember the internet being, the computer-research might take a bit longer. And less resources…”

“But this school has one of the newest versions of Macintosh!” Y-Willow exclaimed.

Willow smiled indulgently at her, “Well let’s just say, a few years from now? It’s pretty much ten times better.” The younger one pouted slightly at that.

“Good lord, it’s as I feared: The world gets taken over by the idiot-box.” Giles sighed under his breath.

“Uhm, as fascinating as this all is, shouldn’t we be thinkin’ of what to do now?” Spike interrupted with a raised eyebrow at the two redheads.

“He’s right,” Buffy said, “Okay first of all, where are we going to be staying? We can’t exactly go to our parent’s homes coz with the confusion, and explanations…it’d just be chaos. Uhm, we could go to the Sunnydale Inn?” She suggested with a grimace.

“Xander’s not moved into the basement yet, has he? Otherwise we could’ve stayed there.”

“Erm, how bout you two stay over at my place? I have a guestroom. I-It’s not large, and only has one bed, but I suppose we could improvise,” Giles suggested.

“Really, you sure? We wouldn’t wanna impose,” Buffy said, only out of politeness.

“Yes, yes of course it’s fine. You’re both welcome,” Giles said with a smile. Not only was he more than glad to provide shelter for his Slayer and her friend, but he was dying with curiosity to know about them, and how they, especially Buffy, managed to survive as long as they had. Spike had told them some things, but didn’t go into full detail about it.

“Great, thank you,” Buffy said with a smile. “I’m thinking it’d be better if we continued to research-y parts for later, like tomorrow. I know I’m beat, and I’m sure everyone here’s had a pretty eventful night, right?”

“Yes, that might be a good idea,” Giles said, “Erm, Willow,” He started, looking purposely at Y-Willow, to let her know he meant her, “if you want I can give you a lift home,” He offered, which she gratefully accepted, especially since Y-Buffy had gone home.

Buffy looked at Giles and Willow, “You guys uh, mind going ahead of me?”

They both looked questioningly at her, so she made a very telling gesture with both an inclination of her head and slightly holding up the hand that was joined with Spike’s, indicating she wanted to be alone with him some more.

Willow nodded knowingly and smiled, “Sure Buffy, I guess we’ll see you over at Giles’ place later on,” She ended the sentence with sort of a question mark.

Buffy gave her a meaningful look, that only the two Willows caught on to, meaning she wasn’t entirely sure of that fact yet.

They said their goodnights, and soon Giles and both Willows had left the library, leaving Buffy and Spike to each other. “So, now that you’ve got me alone, what’re you plannin’ on doin’ with me, love?” Spike asked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

“Well,” Buffy drawled while fondling the lapels of his duster, “how ‘bout we continue where we left off,”

Spike raised his eyebrow, “An’ where was that?” His hands went to her waist and pulled her closer until she was pressed against his body. He lowered his head and his lips went to her neck, trailing kissing from her pulse line to her jaw.

“I believe,” Buffy breathed out, and a soft moan escaped her, “I was just suggesting something…” Her hands ran through his hair while she arched her neck to give him better access. “You think we could go to your place, wherever that is?” She finally managed.

He suddenly drew back, looking a bit uncomfortable, “Uhm, don’t think that’d be such a good idea, love.”

“Why not?” She asked, pouting at the lack of touching.

“Well see, uh, I’m currently staying at the factory,” He said. She looked incomprehensive at why that would be a problem, so he added, “With Dru.”

Her hands fell from their place on his shoulders. She felt jealousy shoot through her, though somewhere she knew him staying there with Dru didn’t have to mean anything. “Oh,” She let out, and she cringed at how she could hear the jealous tone in her voice.

“But I’m not…I mean, we’re not together or anything, if tha’s what you’re thinking,” He rushed to explain, having heard the jealousy. On the one hand he was amused by her reaction. But on the other, he didn’t want her to get mad at him for supposedly being with Dru, when that was in no way the case. “’s just that she’s sick, as you might remember, an’ she needs someone to take care of her.”

“No, no, it’s okay, I understand.” She said, but Spike wasn’t entirely convinced. “One question, what exactly were you planning on doing with her? I mean, you weren’t going to cure her, right?”

“Hadn’t exactly figured that one out yet. Can’t exactly cure her, what with the ritual that’s required…” He paused thoughtfully, “though I never did like Angel…” At her raised eyebrow he shrugged, “but I wouldn’t, of course, ‘coz you wouldn’t like it. Either version of you. But what then, do I jus’ let her wither away ‘til she’s dust? Don’t think I could stand to see that,” He said, looking down.

“You still love her.” It wasn’t a question, though somewhere Buffy hoped he would contradict her. But she knew he did, on some level. A hundred years of loving someone didn’t just go away like that, no matter how much she knew he loved her now.

He looked her in the eye, letting her know he was being honest, “Think part of me will always love her, even jus’ a little. But you know you’re it for me, right? I’ve never loved anyone, not even Dru, as much as I love you.”

Her eyes shimmered with unshed tears. “I know,” She whispered with a happy smile. “I feel the same way.” She tilted her head, and their lips met in a slow and tender kiss.

“So, is there anywhere else we could go? I mean, we can’t go to your place, and I don’t exactly want to go back to Giles’ just yet.” Buffy asked, when they pulled apart.

Spike thought for a moment, then a slow smile started on his face. “I think I know a place.”

Ooo

Oooooo

Ooo


To be continued. Please let me know what you think!!