*A/N: First, I'd like to say thank you to everyone who put in their input...I can't make any promises except that this will ave Spuffiness...Also a warning the the dating of others will be present in the future, but you'll have to read on to find out what's the what....
************

Chapter One: Freak Out

Her hand shook as she picked up the plastic stick that was determining her future. Once the results were clear, she wrapped the plastic applicator in tissue and threw it in the trash. Making her way into her room, Buffy stopped before the full-length mirror and put a hand over her slightly swollen belly. It wasn’t big, yet, but she had gained some weight.

Tears fled from her eyes, crawling slowly down her cheeks, when a knock on the door caused her to wipe them away quickly. “Come in.” She called to the guest.

“Buffy, Mom said you have to be at work in an hour and to-where you crying?” Dawn asked worriedly.

“No!” Buffy denied vehemently.

“Yes you were. You’re crying because Spike hasn’t called in, like, a month.” Dawn pointed an accusing finger at the bleach blonde’s picture that sat on Buffy’s nightstand.

“He’s only been gone three months, and he sent me letter last week. He’s a little busy with finals, but he’ll be back in two months.” Buffy defended her boyfriend, repeating the words he’d written in the letter.

“Open your eyes, Buffy. Finals usually mean hot blondes that aren’t you.” Dawn said, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

“Spike would never do that to me.” Buffy sat, sitting on her bed, dazed.

“I hope not.” Dawn turned on her heal and stormed off, leaving Buffy to look for her Expresso Pump tee, and get ready for work.

*

“Maybe it’s time you forget Betty and have a little fun, mate.” Doyle elbowed Spike gently in the ribs as they made their way down the halls of the school.

“It’s Buffy, you git, and she’s the only reason why I’m here. I have to do better, graduate with honors, make her proud.” Spike ensured himself.

“If you got any higher on that honors list, your head will explode. Why don’t you come out with me and they guys tonight, Drogyn, Hamilton, Trick, and a certain girl by the name of Gwen?” Doyle’s eyebrows rose suggestively.

“As much as I like you and Drogyn, and Gwen is a hot little thing, Hamilton and Trick are whelps. They’ll only get me into trouble.” Spike insisted.

“Darla might be there…” Doyle teased.

Darla had been a crush of Spike’s when he lived in England. Her high and mighty attitude caused him to fall deeper for her, although she’d never given him the time of day. She’d known him when he was a loser, and he was suddenly getting the chance to show her what he’d become.

“Maybe I’ll come out for a little while.” He decided, Buffy disappearing from his thoughts.

*

Spike’s social ladder rose with his move to England, while Buffy spent her days at school, some nights working, and other’s just sleeping. Her grades were fine, but her mother was able to see her withdrawal from her social life.

Now, Buffy had another thing to worry about. It was Friday afternoon and after a long day of school, Buffy sat with her legs under her on her bed, as she dialed Spike’s number in England.

After four or five rings of the cell phone, Spike finally picked up, the noise in the pub a little too loud. He saw that it was Buffy and stepped outside before speaking. “Hello, luv, I miss you so.” He said sweetly.

“Oh, Spike,” Buffy cried at the sound of his voice, “I miss you too…I have to talk to you about something important.”

“Is everything okay, Buffy?” He questioned, worriedly.

“It’s kind of a thing, and-“

“Spike, Darling, are you coming?” Darla’s seductive voice came through to Buffy’s ear on her side of the phone.

“I’ll be there in a minute.” He called back, unaware of Buffy’s emotional state.

“Who the fuck was that?” Buffy asked angrily.

“Just a friend, pet. We’re going to the cinema to catch the new Harry Potter.” He replied nonchalantly.

“You’re on a date?” Buffy questioned, her eyes filling with tears.

“No, luv, a bunch of us are just out having a good time, like you should be doing.” He assured her.

“If you want to date, Spike, you can. As you said, you don’t want to hold me back, so you know what? I’m not going to hold you back.” Buffy bitterly hung up the phone with a slam, buried her face in her pillow.

Spike stood there shocked for a moment, and then dialed her number. The phone was picked up and slammed down numerous times, and Spike decided to try again later.

*

Xander slowly made his way up the stairs of the Summers’ residence and stopped at Buffy’s door, knocking softly. “What’s going on, Buffy? You didn’t show up at the Bronze last night, and Willow, Anya, and I were waiting for an hour.” Xander said through the door, when he got no response.

“Please just go away.” She sniffled.

“I can’t do that. I’m coming in, even if I risk the chance of seeing you naked.” With that reply Xander opened the door, to see a red-eyed Buffy sitting in her bed, hugging her knees. She ore her Yummy Sushi pajamas and tissues were scattered around the floor. “What’s wrong?” He rushed to her side, and threw himself on the bed next to her.

“I-I can’t t-talk about it, or I-I’ll just end up c-crying again.” She replied through sniffles.

“Well, you have a shoulder right here, so spill.” Xander prodded.

Buffy breathed in deep. “I called Spike yesterday and he was w-with another girl!” Buffy wailed. “She was all like, ‘Are you coming,’ all seductive and stuff.”

“Are you sure?” He questioned.

“Positive…and that’s not the worst part…” Buffy began. “I’m pregnant.” Although she wanted to cry out, she said the words in a whisper.

“YOU’RE WHAT???????” Xander just freaked.