*A/N: First, I want to start by saying that Ash is the best beta ever. Without her, I would have the courage to post my stories on the site. I would never leave her behind. Second, thank you so much for the reviews. It touches me more than anything to read that you are all enjoying a ride on the Spuffy Express. Lastly, I'm looking for people who can make graphix. i want a graphic for this story with pictures of Season Seven Buffy and Spike. If anyone whats to make one or some, send them to my email: AngelSabrina411@yahoo.com. Now with out further ado, here’s chapter 10 and please keep the feedback coming.*

Chapter Ten: Control

“I’m guessing it didn’t go well.” Joyce said, when Buffy sat on her bed with red eyes. She was preparing for the gallery’s reopening with Giles’ return.

“He’s pissed.” Buffy said.

“He’ll get over it. You seem to be doing fine emotionally. You’ve had a long day, honey. I think you should rest.” Joyce suggested.

“But what about the party?” Buffy asked.

“Do you really want to go to a party filled with older stuffy people, that’ll pinch your cheeks, while looking down at you for having a baby out of wedlock?” Joyce asked.

“Nope…I’ll pass.” Buffy said with a smile, kissing her mother’s cheek and heading to her room.

“Hey Buffster.” Xander greeted as Buffy entered her room, which has scattered pieces of stained wood all around.

“How’s it going in here?” Buffy asked.

“Xander has yet to grasp the ‘put slot a in slot B’ direction…he had the same problem when we first had sex.” Anya said from the bed.

“I have to, it’s just there are a lot of different slot A’s and B’s.” He defended then caught her last words. “Hey!!!”

“Why don’t you put everything aside and call it a night. No one should be stuck inside during graduation night…except for big pregnant women.” Buffy looked down at her swollen stomach.

“Didn’t go well with Spike?” Xander asked.

“Don’t ask obvious questions…we were listening through the window in your mom’s room.” Anya said matter of fact.

“Thanks…it saves me from telling you about it.” Buffy sighed, and took a seat in the new stained wood rocking chair her mother had bought her.

“No problem, but remember if he still thinks it’s Angel’s you can go to Maury…I love that show. The ‘whose my baby’s daddy shows?’ are the best.” Anya smiled.

“You would.” Xander said with a remorseful frown.

*

Spike sat in the motel room that night, tears in his eyes, his thoughts confused. A knock on the door surprised him, and although he knew better, he hoped it was Buffy. “Come in.” He called out.

“I can’t help but wonder why you’ve chose to live here when there’s a perfectly good house that I have all to myself.” Giles said upon entrance, Joyce close behind.

“What do you want?” The stubborn blonde asked.

“Spike, I know that keeping the baby a secret from you was wrong, but you have to understand…Buffy wanted it for your own good.” Joyce said.

“And what good is that? Having her push me away, and letting me think it was because of someone else, or the possibility that I could have missed the birth of my first child.” Spike stood with anger.

“Calm down, son.” Giles ordered.

“I will not be calm. I’ve lost my girl, my life, and my last two hundred dollars to stay here for a week.” He raised his arms so they’d look around the dimly lit, tattered motel room. “Tell me that she made things better.”

“If you’ll just come back with us, you can fix this.” Joyce pleaded.

Spike looked over their clothes. Joyce wore a black cocktail dress, while Giles wore a suit. “Looks like you’re off somewhere important. Don’t let me keep you.” He walked to the open door and opened it wider.

“Are you sure?” Giles asked.

“Positive.” Spike didn’t meet his father’s eyes.

“If you decide to resolve this, Buffy has an appointment at the doctor’s office tomorrow at four. She’s been having a lot to check on the baby since her break down.” Joyce explained.

“Breakdown?” Spike inquired worriedly.

“When Buffy was in the hospital…she was overstressed and the baby was in distress. He was almost lost.” Joyce explained.

“He? It’s a boy? He’s a boy?” Spike felt the excitement take over. Joyce smiled warmly. “Thank you.” He said with a nod, as the duo left.

A boy. He was going to have a baby boy. He couldn’t allow anything to get in the way of his role as a father. He wasn’t his mother, and was certainly going to work on things with Buffy unlike his father.

*

“Buffy?” Dawn knocked on the door to her sister’s bedroom, and entered when there was no answer. She often did so, but in unusual fashion, she was baring gifts.

It had been hours since Xander and Anya left, and Buffy was still seated in the rocking chair. In a gentle slumber, she awoke at the creak of the door. “Dawn?” She questioned softly.

“I have a present!” Dawn said giddily, handing her sleepy sister a spoon and a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Mint Chocolate Chip.

Buffy considered rejecting the offer, but her stomach refused to allow her. She gave her younger sibling a smile, and accepted the offer. “It’s times like this that I thank God for little sisters.”

Dawn giggle, sitting on Buffy’s bed with a sigh, her own pint in hand. She looked over at the half built crib. “Crib not going so good?” She questioned.

“Nope, but hey, if anything the baby can sleep with me until he’s eighteen.” Buffy thought aloud.

“And be emotionally scarred for the rest of his life.” Dawn interjected. “Plus, when you and Spike get your own place, the baby will need his own-“

“Whoa, whoa, whoa…slow down there speedy…at this point, Spike and I aren’t even together.” Buffy said, taking a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth.

“Than why did he just call, and tell me to let you know that he’ll be here at three to take you to your appointment?” Dawn questioned.

Anger seeped down to her gut, and she received a firm kick from her unborn son. She doubled over for a second, and Dawn rushed to her side.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, he just doesn’t like me being mad at his daddy. Gave me a hell of a hit.” Buffy assured Dawn to go back to her seat. “Spike isn’t taking me to my appointment without talking to me first, therefore Angel’s taking me.”

“Why do you have to be such a bitch about everything? You’re letting your hormones take over, and you have to realize that Spike’s trying. If not for you, for your son. Learn how to do the same Buffy.” Dawn let out a small, “humph,” and exited the confines of the room.

Buffy stood in a daze, tears flooding her eyes. “I can’t,” she whispered to herself aloud. Deep in her gut she could felt the struggle she was having on her emotions, but she couldn’t control it, and she didn't have control over the fact that her need for Spike caused her to push him away.