*A/N: First, I’d like to explain Buffy’s behavior. Yes, although odd, you have to understand that when there’s a pregnancy, your emotions run high as hell. Hormones take over your body, and you’re like a crazy person. Buffy is running on pure emotion. She’s so young, and scared about the life that she’s going to give her son, and that causes her to act irrational. As for Joyce’s coddling, you have to also understand that Buffy went through a hard time with the stress, which she caused herself, but what good will it do if people give her more stress. There’s a reason for everything in this story. I also forgot that the title of this story is Alanis Morrisettes new single “Everything.” Maybe listening to the song will help you understand where this is going. I’m not hating on the reviewers. I enjoy every opinion, and love when people give such great opinions of the story (shippy.) Please, more input, and thanks to Ash for betaing!!!*

Chapter Eleven: Our Lives

Buffy greeted Angel at the front door, wearing a lilac sundress, and white Adidas sneakers. Her short straight loose hair was parted and held back by a white headband. “Hey Angel, you’re a half hour early.” She forced a smile. It was only 2:30pm.

“Hey, you’re looking really good.” He attempted to change the subject when she gave him a look. “Sorry, I was just checking…”

“To see if Spike was here?” She questioned, and he nodded. “Nope. He did make an appearance last night, though.”

“What did he want?” Angel attempted to sound as casual as possible.

Buffy stepped outside and took a seat on the porch swing and Angel sat beside her. “You know, the first time I realized that he was all I needed in my life was on the porch. Of course, I didn’t listen to myself for a while, but when he kissed me that day, it was like being in another universe.” She was dazed as she spoke of the day, and her sister’s tricks with her queer little boyfriend.
“I couldn’t escape him, and he was stuck in my head, in my dreams.” She looked at the brooding man before her, her eyes apologizing for going on of her former love. “It was never like that between us Angel.” She spoke honestly.

“How was it than, Buffy?” He questioned with hurt.

“It was like, I was alone until you came around, but after a little while you faded away and I was alone again. Knowing that Spike loves me, and feeling that he always will, helps me, but you had me lusting after you. You like the game of cat and mouse, while Spike goes in for his territory and makes sure he gets what he wants.”

“Before you push me away, Buffy, I wanted to tell you that I’m moving to Upstate New York next month to go to Cornell, and I want you to come with me, you and the baby. You can give birth there.” His announcement took her back.

“Angel…Spike is here, now.” Buffy said, folding her hands on her stomach, her eyes wide.

“But he can’t give you what I can…my parents have a house out there, and if you come they’ll help us out as much as possible.” He seemed to be pleading.

“I’m not going to live off your parents, Angel. That’s first, and second; I told you in the beginning that this couldn’t go any farther than friendship. You’re going to have to except that.” She was strong and confident.

Angel hung his head in defeat. “I just want to love you.”

“As much as I wish I could turn my back on Sunnydale, and love you in return, I can’t. My family is here, and my life. Spike’s here, too, and I’m not about to lose him again.” She couldn’t believe the words as they came out of her mouth. ‘I must be drugged off of those vitamin pills the doctor gave me.’

“I understand. I won’t bring it up again,” he stood and forced a smile. “Why don’t we go have lunch before we head to your appointment?”

“That won’t be necessary.” Spike stomped up the porch; white Nikes replacing his combat boots. He wore loose blue jeans, and a baby blue button down with a white shirt under. His hair was also MIA.

Buffy stared with wide eyes at the newly faded brunette, and his sudden change in style. “Spike?” She hesitated, unable to believe that it was him.

“It’s me, luv. Just thought I’d look a little more…mature for this appointment.” He announced. The thought had occurred to him the night before. If he was going to be a father, it was time that he grew up.

He paid a visit to Giles at the gallery, and discussed a few things. The older man lent him money for new clothes and a hair cut, then offered him a job in a times slot that wouldn’t effect his going to college.

“What’s he doing here?” Angel questioned, his jaw clenched.

“I’m taking the mother of my child to her appointment.” Spike announced, as Buffy just stood there with wide eyes, staring at him.

“Your car is too dangerous for Buffy to be in, in her state.” Angel attempted to stop him from taking Buffy.

“I borrowed my dad’s car, mate.” Spike held up the keys to his father’s Jeep Cherokee.

“As long as it’s not the one your mother died in,” the words slipped passed his lips without thought, and before Spike could get his punch in, Buffy was hitting the bulky man, pushing him down the stairs.

“How dare you talk about Jenny like that!? Get out…and if you ever want to be let into this house again, you better think of a grand apology, because I will give Spike a chance to get to you.” Buffy yelled, punching Angel where she could.

It wasn’t long before Spike was restraining her, and Angel was off in his Corvette. “That was even more proof that that man is a right bastard. People don’t change Buffy.” He said when she was still, and staring into his eyes.

“Look at you.” She scoffed.

“What about me?” Spike questioned.

“You’re not you anymore…look what you’re wearing…I mean it’s a nice change from black, but I didn’t fall in love with you like this. I fell in love with a bad boy. If I wanted this, I would have chose Riley. And your hair…” Her voice trailed off.

“I just wanted to show you how I’ve changed for you.” Spike said sadly.

“I know you have, Spike, but your change goes much deeper than what’s on the outside, so please, go back, and let your hair grow out again.” She seemed to be pleading.

“Is that what you want pet?” His breath tickled her neck.

“I won’t touch you until it’s all back to normal.” She announced.

“It’ll be back in two weeks, but I’ll die a little each day that I can’t kiss you.” He put a hand over his heart.

“You deserve to suffer for changing your appearance this way.” Buffy looked up at him with dreamy eyes, and pulled herself away from him. “If we don’t hurry we’ll be late.” She announced.

“We got an hour to get there, luv, and it’s fifteen minutes away.” He looked at his watch.

“You’re treating your son and I to McDonalds on the way.” She announced happily, walking to the car.

*

“The old man’s going to complain that his auto smells like fries.” Spike announced as they pulled into the parking lot of Sunnydale Prenatal Facilities.

“I just don’t understand why you almost barfed from the smell.” Buffy looked over at the Brit warily. “Are you pregnant?” She asked with a small grin.

“No…just worked with fish and chips for a little too long…” He got out of the car, and went to her side to open the door.

“You had a job?” Buffy asked in amazement.

He sighed as she stepped out, and stood in front of him. He smoothed a hand over her hair, noticing that she cut it and smiled. “I was willing to do anything to get back to you.”

“You were trying to by a ticket to get back to me?” She questioned in aw.

“Yeah, pet. Especially after you made me believe that you had another bloke on the side.” Spike put a hand to her cheek.

“I did have someone else on the side.” She stepped around him with a hand on her belly. The loss of touch was painful, but she put the feeling aside. She had to focus on her child with all her might, or she’s stress herself into miscarriage.

Spike followed after looking up to the heavens for a little help.

Upon entrance everyone greeted Buffy. “Buffy, see you at lamas class on Thursday?” Lilah Morgan asked with a hand on her belly.

“Yeah, def. How’s your husband?” Buffy took a seat beside the other expecting mother with a smile, and Spike stood by the door uncomfortably.

“Knox is fine…working hard at UC Sunnydale. Will we be seeing you there after the baby?” Lilah questioned with a smile.

Buffy looked forward, unable to answer the question.

“She’ll make it there. I’ll make sure to it that she’ll be in on time for the winter semester.” Spike said with a smile, and Buffy couldn’t help but return it.

“Who’s this gentleman?” Lilah questioned.

“The father.” Buffy replied, and Spike came to her side and took her hand.

“What happened to the other brooding young man?” Lilah asked.

“He was just a friend.” Buffy looked up to Spike with a nod.

“Buffy Summers,” Ben called from the office door. “Where’s Angel?” He questioned, looking over Spike.

“Angel won’t be coming with me anymore. This is Spi-William. He’s the father.” Buffy replied.

With wide eyes Ben signaled the couple to join him. “And Maury didn’t have to help you out with that one?” His smile was full of amusement.

“Nope, always knew William was the father. Angel was just taking his place while he finished school in London.” Buffy explained.

“Yeah, mate. Had to make sure my girl was safe.” Spike ensured the man in blue smocks.

“Angel took great care of her…almost as though she was his.” Ben’s comment caused Spike’s jaw to clench.

“Don’t let it upset you…he really was good, and he didn’t try a thing. Besides, I’m not you girl anymore.” Buffy said to her non-bleached man.

“Yet,” Spike said, as Buffy went into a small room and changed out of her clothes and into a hospital gown.

She came back into the room and sat on cold hospital table, putting her legs up on the stirrups. Spike freaked when he saw Ben sit between his love’s legs, after putting a paper-like blanket over them.

“What the bloody hell-“

“He’s just checking to see if I’m dilated. Trust me, I freaked the first time he asked me to spread them.” Buffy assured him.

“Everything looks fine.” Ben said, cautiously. The last thing he needed was a beat down. He carefully lifted Buffy’s gown to expose her belly, her waist covered by the blanket. He squirted the cerulean jelly on her stomach, and switched on the machine. Putting a small, wired patch on her swollen stomach, the room filled with a fast paced beat.

“What’s that?” Spike questioned looking around the room.

“The baby’s heart beat.” Buffy replied, reaching for his hand.

Spike filled with wonder and amazement as a small remote like contraption was placed on her abdomen, and the baby’s picture filtered to the screen. “Bloody hell…” He was in awe of the sight before him.

“Since it’s Will’s first time seeing the baby, I’ll point everything out. There’s an arm, a leg, the head, and below that is the penis. A beautiful boy.” Ben looked up at the parents, and Buffy smiled while Spike stared. “I’ll be back in a few, give you a little time to yourselves.”

Upon the doctor’s exit, Spike spoke. “We made this Buffy…he’s all ours.”

“I know…it’s amazing. I didn’t think this was something I wanted…but then when I thought of our love and how we shared it, I knew even though he was expected, he was no accident.” Buffy said, and Spike looked down at her glowing face.

“You’re so beautiful.” He said before she could stop him. “I love you, and I will have you as my wife.”

“Oh really?” Buffy questioned with a sad grin.

“Don’t care if I have to drag you to the buggering alter. After the baby is born, you better start planning our wedding.” He was set in his decision and although she was hesitant on the outside, her insides were jumping for joy.