*A/N: Not many reviews for the last chapter…come on guys…where’s your Spuffy spirit. There will be more soon, so get ready. This chapter is just a little comical. Please lemme know what you think…plus THANX ASH, YOU’RE THE GREATEST! Thanx Also for picking out the name Ash.*

Chapter Twelve: Try

Buffy sat in the kitchen the following morning, eating a bowl of banana Cheerios. Joyce came rushing down the steps, ready for work, and was surprised to see her agile daughter.

“Morning Mom.” Buffy said, taking in a full scoop of cereal.

“Buffy, I’m surprised to see you awake. You’re usually in bed until twelve.” Joyce glanced at the clock on the microwave, and it read 9 o’clock.

“Yeah, I just felt like moving around.” Buffy smiled at her mother.

“You seem much happier with Spike around.” Joyce noticed the coffee was already made, and poured herself a cup. “I hope you haven’t been drinking that, it’s bad for the baby.”

“Nope, I made it for you. I am happier that Spike is here…he’s giving me the strength I needed most.”

“I may be babying you a bit now, but once he comes, Buffy, it’s not going to be all fun and games.” Joyce warned.

“You think I don’t know that?” Buffy questioned, attempting to control her emotions. “Everyday since I found out that I was pregnant, I’ve thought of nothing else, but what I could possibly offer this baby. I have nothing, Mom.” She felt tears burn her eyes.

“You have love…and you have me. You know that if you can’t get on your feet for a little while I’m here, and you’ll be working in the gallery fulltime, once you’re up to it. Spike’s starting today,” Joyce, informed her.

“Spike’s working at the gallery?” Buffy questioned, amazed.

“I’m surprised he hasn’t told you. If all goes well, Rupert and I will be on our way to New York, a few months after the baby is born. We’re planning on opening a second gallery.” Joyce’s eyes brightened with excitement.

“Are you serious?” Buffy asked proudly.

“Yes, and you and Spike will be able to keep this one intact until we get back.” Joyce finished her coffee, and smiled warmly at her oldest child.

Buffy stood excitedly. “I can’t believe you’re trusting me to do this!”

“All in time, Buffy. Just make sure the baby comes out healthy, and you’ll have your whole life ahead of you. You, Spike, and the baby will do wonderful.” At Joyce’s last words, Buffy felt better than she had in months.

*

“Marriage? Like ring on the finger, marching down the isles marriage?” Willow questioned, as she sat on Buffy’s bed with a book of baby names.

“Yup…the big M…I never thought it would be offered, especially not by him.” Her nose crinkled with joy.

“What was your answer?” Willow flipped through the pages carefully.

“I didn’t give him one. It was hard too, since the proposal was more of a demand.” Buffy scowled a bit.

Willow shrugged off the conversation, not wanting to get tangled in the situation. “How about Donald?”

“Don, Donnie...too New Kids On The Block. Those posters are starting to date me.” Buffy looked up at the poster of the formerly famous 80’s pop group and stuck out her tongue in disgust.

“Don’t worry…they’ll be replaced with baby pictures soon enough.” Willow stated, looking through for another name. “Brandon?”

“Too 90210.” Buffy replied.

“Earl?”

“Too old sounding.”

“Steve?”

“Too common.”

“Jonathan?”

“Wasn’t he kinda geeky in high school?” She felt like it was miles away.

“Joshua?”

Buffy contemplated it for a second. If the baby has Spike’s eyes… “Perfect… Joshua William Giles.”

“I wonder if the guys are doing this good.” Willow said with a smile, as she scribbled the name down on a piece of paper.

*

“Paul?” Xander questioned impatiently, the same book Willow had at the house with Buffy.

“Want my son to sound like some sort of wanker?” Spike questioned, as he organized the paperwork on his father’s desk. It was closing time at The Gallery, and Spike was with Oz and Xander, trying to pick out name.

“What about something cool, like Dirk or Sky?” Oz questioned simply.

Spike pondered the thought of an unlikely name. “For a hippy, yes, for me, no.”

“Because Spike is such a normal name.” Xander huffed.

“How did you get that nickname?” Oz asked curiously.

“I know how,” Xander raised his hand with a scowl. “He used to spike the ball in my face during gym class. Broke my nose once, knocked me unconscious three times.”

“Sorry bout that mate.” Spike said honestly.

Oz couldn’t contain his smirk. “He really gave it to you, huh?”

“Oh, yeah…” Xander said looking down at the book again. “How about Randy?”

“Randy Giles? Are you mad? Might as well call him Horny Giles, or Desperate for a Shag Giles! You must really want him to despise me!” Spike put up his hands in defeat. “Let’s leave this to the women.”

“Don’t you want to take part in naming your first kid?” Xander asked.

“I’m sure they’ll have lots more afterward.” Oz said, his smirk still avid.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” The brunette questioned curiously.

“I’ve proposed to Buffy.” Spike replied.

“Did she accept?” Xander stood with a bit of excitement. He had his moments with Spike, but at this point, he wanted nothing more than for Buffy to be happy.

“Not yet, but she will.”

“What makes you so sure of that?” Xander continue prodding.

“Dude, trust him.” Oz chimed in, his hands in his pockets as he stood. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind.

Buffy and Spike were going to be together, and Spike would die trying.