*A/N: Sorry it took so long to get to this…I’m running short on some ideas. If you have any suggestions, or comments, please don’t be shy. Thanks to Ash for wonderful betaing, and ENJOY!*

Chapter Fourteen: Beautiful Disaster

“Just like that?” Buffy questioned, her arms around her best friend.

“Just like that.” Willow sniffled, the tears streaking her face. “He said he loved me, Buffy, but he was with her…they were together.”

“There has to be an explanation…didn’t he give you an explanation?” Buffy couldn’t believe that, after three years Oz had cheated on Willow. They seemed to love each other so much. Oz worshipped the ground she walked on.

“I didn’t stay to hear him say, ‘She tripped and landed on my dick.’” Willow wiped her eyes, while pulling away from Buffy.

“Willow!” She was shocked at the redhead’s language. She put a hand on her belly and sat on her rocking chair. The crib was built, and was set up across from her bed.

“Sorry, Buffy.” Willow took a seat on the bed.

“I know you’re hurting, but you have to talk to him.” Buffy assured her. There was a knock at the bedroom door.

“You’re right,” Willow agreed, opening the door to see Spike standing there. “Bye Spike,” and she was off to face up to the truth.

“What was that all about, pet?” Spike questioned.

*

“Did you know?” Buffy asked, after explaining the situations that were surrounding them.

“Harris? A father? Oz? Cheating? Bloody hell.” Spike put a hand through his tousled hair. The duo sat on the back porch of Buffy house, enjoying the last of Summer’s breeze.

“I thought the same thing. They’re my friends, and if their relationships are going downhill, whose to say that ours won’t?” Buffy didn’t mean to, but she asked the question out loud.

Spike got on his knees before her, and took her hands in his. “Buffy, luv, please don’t talk like that. We’re different people, we set our future. Don’t let what’s happening to them get in the way of what we’re going to accomplish together. We’re starting a family, Buffy, and we will be together.” He seemed to be pleading.

“Are you telling me that you wouldn’t be happier if I had gotten an abortion? That things wouldn’t have been easier?” Tears formed in her eyes because the thought had come to her.

“Things would have been easier, Buffy, but I wouldn’t give up what I have for the world. I want this baby, I want this with you, Buffy. Marry me.” It wasn’t long before he was pulling a ring out of his jacket pocket. It was two carrots of diamond goodness.

“Spike, how did you…” She was at a loss for words.

“Just say yes, pet. If not for me, than for out son.”

*

“So that’s it, you’re just going to leave?” Willow questioned, tears streaming down her cheeks.

“Yeah…I think it would be best.” Oz said. He couldn’t be in Sunnydale anymore, he had to find his track of life. Veruca had been a mistake, a drunken mistake. But he couldn’t bare the sight of Willow hurting.

“Don’t you love me?” She cried.

“My whole life, I’ve never loved anything more.” He was attaching to her in a hug of passion and pain. He inhaled her scent deeply, wishing that this wasn’t the way.

“Oz…oh Oz…I’ll miss you.” Part of her understood. He had made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. The other part was being selfish, wanting him there.

She got out of his van, and began her walk home at a slow pace. Her first relationship had now come to a brick wall of pain, and crashing. She couldn’t help but remember falling in love, what a beautiful disaster.

“There is a life waiting for me beyond Oz. There’s college, the fun of helping Buffy with the baby, and, YAY college…” She mumbled aloud to herself, attempting to make herself feel better.

*

“Marry?” Buffy repeated the word aloud. “Spike…I love you…I always will, but I have to think about this.”

“What’s there to think about, luv?”

“The longest relationship I’ve had was with Mr. Gordo. I’ve had him since I was four, and we had this really bad fight when I was nine that resulted in the ripping of his head…so don’t talk to me about relationships. It took me forever to get over that, and Mom fixed him quick.” Buffy had the stuffed pig in her hands.

“You’re going to have to deal with a much longer relationship than that Buffy, and you can’t rip off the baby’s head, so I suggested that you marry me, so I can be here for you all the time.” Spike attempted convincing.

“This isn’t just something you say yes to. This isn’t a romance novel, or a cheesy fairytale. We have to raise this baby together regardless of whether we’re married or not, nothing can change that.” Buffy argued. “Why do you want this so bad? Why do you want to turn this into a beautiful disaster?”

“Because my mother didn’t die, she left! She didn’t want me so she left me with my father and disappeared.” He blurted out, and burst into tears. “If we’re married, you can’t leave me.”

She rushed to him, putting his head to her chest. “I’d never do that to you…never. How could you think that? I love you.” She murmured the words over and over, attempting to comfort him. “Tell me everything…I want to know.”