*A/N: Where has all the reviewers gone? Come on, let me know what you think, and to the faithful fans who review all the time, thanks…especially Angela, she’s been here for every chapter. I hope you like what I have in store. Let me know…*

Chapter Fifteen: As Long As I Live

The sky seemed to open, as Willow walked. The rain soaked through her clothes, as she came upon the park near Sunnydale High. She headed for the swing set and swung for a bit, deep in thought.

“First love, first real kiss, first…everything. All down the drain…love is nothing but a big sobfest of hurt and pain. No more love for me, I’m anti-love.” She said aloud to herself, in attempt to comfort herself.

The sound of footsteps on the wet grass caught the redhead’s attention. She stood abruptly, and spun around to see a tall brunette in a long skirt holding an umbrella. She seemed slightly started by Willow’s sudden cautiousness.

“S-sorry…I-I didn’t know anyone w-was here.” She stuttered.

“I-it’s okay. It’s a free park. You can walk if you’d like. It’s not like anyone was here but little old lonely me. Sulking and wallowing in my sorrows.” Willow babbled, taking her seat, again.

“A-are you okay?” The girl asked. She was shy and quiet, but concerned.

“Sorry.” Willow attempted a smile. “I’ve had a bad day.”

“I-I guess I’ll just leave you to that.” She took it as her cue to leave, and began walking away. But she seemed to call to Willow.

“Wait.” Willow called out to her, and the girl turned. Willow smiled reassuringly. “Want to wallow with me?”

With a coy smile, the girl replied, shrugging. “Sure.” She made her way to the swing beside the redhead. “I’m Tara.”

“Willow.” And with that they began swinging together.

*

“She left, Buffy. She said she was going to the market and never came back.” Spike sobbed, his head resting on Buffy’s chest.

She felt her own tears catch up to her. “But I though she died.” Her words were a whisper.

“I thought so too. He kept it from me, Buffy. He didn’t want to hurt me, so he let me believe she was buried, when she’s here, in California, fucking living it up in LA.” Now, his anger was apparent.

His anger was what frightened her most. He couldn’t control it, no matter how hard he tried. “Calm down, Spike. She doesn’t know what she’s missed.” Buffy cupped his face in both of her hands. “I love you.” Se leaned in and gently brushed her lips to his.

He took the moment, to explore her mouth. His tongue tangled with hers, and she moaned into his mouth, relishing in what she’d missed. Her hands left his face, and ran down his body, down the tightness of his abs; to the member she missed more than anything. She expertly undid the button on his jeans, and reached further down taking his thick cock into her hands.

“Buffy…” He moaned into her mouth, as she gently pumped him. “We shouldn’t.”

She stopped kissing him to look into his eyes. “We can, if you’re careful.”

“Marry me.” He was looking directly into her green eyes, searching for an answer.

“I can’t…” She whispered, and it was enough to have him, running from her hold, although it was hard.

He quickly zipped up his pants. “I don’t understand. You love me. You said it.” He yelled.

“I do, I’m never going to deny it, and I have no need to lie. But you’re doing this because you think I’ll leave you with the baby, when I can never do that.” She yelled back.

“That’s not the only reason, pet. I love you too. More than life itself. When I was in England, so far from you, I felt as though I died each day that I was away.” He admitted, tears present in his eyes, once again.

“Well, just as you have your reasons, I have my own.” Buffy said.

“Oh, really? Than why don’t you let me know?” Spike put a hand through his already tousled hair.

“My father…” She gulped at the mention. “He left my mother for his secretary.”

“That’s easy, I don’t have a secretary.”

“You’re not listening…we’re so young, Spike, and to jump into this because of the baby-“

“We’re in love.”
“We are, but we may not be forever. Forever is not real. It never will be.” She was getting emotional, and she collapsed to the floor in tears. “I love you so much, it hurts, and I don’t want to lose you, by rushing things.”

He was at her side, allowing her to cry on his chest. “Shhh…pet, I’m sorry. Please, don’t cry. The baby. I’m so sorry.” He whispered words of love, and comfort, in order to calm her down. Than he led her to the bed, and they lay down beside each other, her head on he chest, as he brushed his fingers through her hair. “I’ll wait for as long as I live.”