*A/N: Well…you’re all going to enjoy this one. Please…I’m begging…feedback. Let me know what you want, and that you like.*

Chapter Sixteen: Spend My Life With You

Spike awoke with Buffy’s head resting on his chest, as she snored lightly. He smiled to himself, and gently shifted the blonde into a more comfortable position. Then he stood and stretched his aching back. Stifling a yawn, and scratching his stomach, Spike made his way out of the bedroom, and toward the bathroom.

Joyce stopped abruptly at the sight of the bleached blonde leaving her daughter’s room. “Spike…what are you doing?”

“Hey, Mrs. Summers…I’m sorry I didn’t let you know…nothing happened, especially, since the obvious…and I would never disrespect your house in such a way…again.” He babbled.

“No need to get nervous…it’s understandable that you’d keep Buffy company…just the all night thing…let me know next time.” Joyce said. “What I really meant was the baby shower…it’s tonight. Shouldn’t you be getting everything together?”

“Bloody hell!” Spike exclaimed, remembering.

“Don’t worry, we’ll get everything together in time.” Joyce said, and they were out the door.

*

“Spike?” Buffy questioned upon waking. She made her way out to the hallway, and called out. “Mom? Spike?”

Dawn suddenly popped her head out of her room, her body covered by the door. “They went out…together.”

“Mom and Spike?” Buffy questioned.

“Yup…She also said we have to go to the Bronze later…the owner ordered a picture from The Gallery and we have to deliver it.” Dawn informed her.

“But I don’t drive.” Buffy said.

“Xander’s coming to get us.”

“Why can’t Xander just go than?” Buffy questioned.

“Xander with one of the gallery’s most precious paintings…alone?” Dawn replied.

“Good thinking…what time?” Buffy asked.

“Around four…Mom bought you a new outfit…something you were eyeing at the mall the other day. She said you should wear it today, because after we go to the Bronze, we’re meeting her for lunch. It’s in her closet.” With that, Dawn went back into her room, slamming the door behind her.

Buffy walked carefully into her mother’s room, opening the closet with ease. There, hanging, was a pale pink baby doll dress that Buffy had fallen in love with, just the other day. With a squeal of happiness, she grabbed it out of the closet and ran to her room.

Dawn opened her door, just as Buffy closed hers’, dialing a number on the cordless phone. “Mom, yeah…she loved it. Everything’s set. We’ll be by four.” With a smile, Dawn went back into her room, to continue working on Buffy’s gift.

*

“God, Xander, can you drive any slower…we’re like, a half hour late.” Dawn complained from the backseat, Andrew at her side, nodding in agreement.

“Why did we bring him with us?” Buffy questioned, looking back at Andrew. She was feeling a bit moody.

“He’s the Dawnster’s pal, and my ever so vengeful girlfriend’s brother…I couldn’t just leave home.” Xander said.

“Plus, I, uh, threatened to burn things…and glue things together.” Andrew said with a slight smirk.

“Is that all?” Buffy questioned, rolling her eyes.

“Come on, Buffy…perk up…today is going to be a good day.” Dawn attempted to raise her sister’s spirit. “Plus, that dress looks really cute.”

“You think so?” Buffy smiled.

“Definitely…like Queen Amidala in Star Wars Episode Two, if she was pregnant with Luke Skywalker, and Princess Leia…she’s beautiful.” Andrew said, a dreamy look on his face.

As they pulled up to the Bronze, Buffy recognized her mother’s Jeep.

“Hey! What’s the Geek Machine doing here?” She questioned, getting out of the car.

“It could be anyone’s car.” Xander replied, pulling a big box, wrapped in brown paper out of the car, as Dawn carried a wrapped picture frame with her. Buffy shrugged her shoulders, and walked towards the door.

“What did this guy buy?” She questioned, and Andrew opened the door for her.

Buffy’s heart jumped as everyone screamed, “SURPRISE!”

Spike, Joyce, and Giles stood on the stage, surrounded by presents. Everyone seemed to be there. Willow, Anya, Tucker, Illyria, Fred, Angel, Cordelia, Gunn, Lindsay, Faith, Aunt Maggie, Uncle Ethan, Clem, Lorne, Glory, Ben, and even people Buffy didn’t really recognize.

“Wow…” Buffy said with a smile, looking around at the people surrounding her.

*

“You surprised?” Buffy jumped slightly in the white wicker chair that she was seated in on the stage, when Spike whispered in her ear.

“Speechless…this wonderful…everything’s been wonderful.” Buffy said with a smile. She felt like a princess.

“Just wait, there are gifts.” Cordelia was suddenly at her side, holding Angel’s hand. “Congratulations…and thanks.” She said, upon Buffy’s shocked expression. “If you hadn’t let him go, he wouldn’t have noticed me.”

“Was that your reason for being so rude during high school?” Buffy questioned.

“Of course,” Cordelia replied, and Angel just smiled, as his girlfriend walked away.

“Buffy…you look beautiful.” He said, smiling at Buffy, and then glancing toward Spike.

“You do realize that she’s a superficial conceited person, right?” Buffy questioned.

“Yes…” Angel replied.

“Hey, it’s a step up from Drusilla.” Buffy stood to hug him.

“I’m sorry…for everything.” He glanced at Spike, hugging back gently.

“It’s okay…just…be happy.” She said, and sat back down. When Angel walked off, Buffy looked at Spike. “How much power did it take, not only for you to invite him, but to watch him hug me?”

“Hard…excruciatingly hard…” Spike said, looking into Buffy’s eyes.

“Present time!” Dawn hoped up on stage with the carefully wrapped frame.

“Prezzies!” Buffy exclaimed.

“See, just what you need.” Willow said, standing beside Tara.

“You are very, very wise. Now, gimme, gimme, gimme.” Buffy smiled.

“Calm down, dumbass.” Dawn handed Buffy the frame.

Buffy ripped open the paper, to reveal every sonogram she had taken so far, surround by pictures of her and Spike. There was even space for extra sonograms. She felt herself tear. “Dawn, it’s beautiful.”

Spike got sight of the gift, as well, and felt the emotions. He took it into his hands, and displayed it for all to see. There was an, ‘Aw…” throughout the crowd.

“Geez, guys, don’t get all movie of the week on me.” Dawn said.

*

Buffy sat at a table with her friends and family, Willow, introducing Tara.

“Tara is going to UC Sunnydale this fall.”

“Great, maybe I’ll see you there when I start in spring.” Buffy said with a smile.

“I-I hope so…th-thanks for inviting me.” Tara stuttered.

“Any friend of Willow’s is a friend of mine.” Buffy said with a smile.

Spike appeared out of nowhere, pulling Buffy out of her seat. Musiq Soulchild’s “Love,” played on the speakers, as the duo danced close.

“I love you, Buffy. Please-“

“Shhh…” Buffy put her finger to his lips. “Don’t ruin this…I love you, too. I want to spend my life with you.”