*A/N: enjoy the goodness while you can…just a warning. I’m think part three… :-D…Give me some feedback, and thanks to Ash. Also, slight hiatus, for about a week and a half, so please review to get my mojo going for what you guys want next.*

Chapter Twenty: Right Beside You

Three days past, and the doctors were doing all possible to make sure that both the baby and Buffy were healthy. Everything was fine, so Buffy would be able to go home the next morning.

As Buffy slept, Spike sat beside her, clutching her small hand. He leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. Her eyes fluttered open, and she looked up at him with a smile.

“Spike…” She whispered. “I love you.”

“I love you too, pet. I always will.” He said, leaning in and brushing a kiss on her lips.

“Thank you…for giving me my son,” she said.

“No, luv, I should be the one thanking you.” He replied.

“But you gave me the strength. If it weren’t for you and the love that you’ve given me, I would have given up on you and Joshua. I know it seems like I didn’t appreciate it, but I did.” She said.

He only smiled, putting a hand to her cheek affectionately. “You’re so bloody beautiful.”

Buffy reached up to her hair worriedly. “I must have bed hair.” She sat up, attempting to fix it. “Where is everyone?”

“Taking turns holding the littlest bit.” He replied. “They figured we should have some alone time.”

With that Buffy leaned over to him, coxing his mouth open with her tongue, ordering a battle between their tongues. He followed, and felt his manhood go rock solid.

“Buffy…” His voice was filled with desire, but he knew they couldn’t, not yet.

“Three weeks.” She replied, pulling away.

“Huh?” He questioned in a daze.

“Three weeks and we can have sex…protected sex.” She said. “I think one baby is enough for now. Plus, we have a wedding to plan.”

It was music to his ears.

*

“How’s mama Buffy feeling?” Xander asked when Buffy awoke in the hospital room, Spike missing.

“Okay…where’s Spike?” She questioned.

“Feeling up for a walk?” He questioned, avoiding the question.

Buffy hesitated for a moment. “Um…I guess.” She stood, wearing her Yummy Sushi pajamas, and followed Xander.

She was glad the doctors had agreed to allow her to take the baby home. She missed her bed, although being a new mother spoiled her rotten. Her mother had brought all of her favorite food to her the last three days, she didn’t have to leave the bed, and no one commented on the extra weight she’d gained. She felt it, but she was sure she’d be back to her normal size within three weeks. It was all she need, especially since she would be able to give Spike all the pleasure he’d missed out on since he’d left.

They slowly made their way toward the nursery, and Xander stopped before the big glass window. Inside, Spike was holding his baby boy, wearing a blue smock, while Fred and Illyria took pictures.

Buffy watched in awe, a smile crossing her features, and tears forming in her eyes. “They look beautiful…” She whispered, glancing at Xander.

“They do…not to sound like a homo.” Xander said with a slight pause. “This is what you want, right Buffy?” He suddenly asked.

She watched Spike make a face, and the little boy in his arms cracked his second smile (he exited the womb with a smile on his face.). Putting her hand to her heart, she was sure it was melting, and she couldn’t be surer of anything else.

“More than anything,” she whispered wistfully.

Willow appeared out of nowhere, a cup of coffee in her hand. She sipped happily, and took a spot for the show beside Buffy. “God, they’re so cute.”

“I know.” Buffy agreed.

“Okay, now can we stop with the comments that put my manliness in question?” Xander remarked.

A thought suddenly popped into her head. “Xand, Wills…before the wedding…I’d really appreciate you two baptizing Josh.”

Willow smiled widely. “I’m Jewish…but I’d be honored.” With that, a group hug was formed between the trio, and from inside the nursery, Spike watched with love.

“You warm to the sight of you fiancé and her friends, as they share a moment. How can you be so sure that such a friendship won’t get in the way of your family?” Illyria questioned.

“Because I love her…and I know she loves me.” Spike replied.

“What makes you so sure?” She asked.

Fred snorted a laugh. “Do you really think she would have gone through all of this if she didn’t love him? She had his baby, and she’s sacrificed a lot.”

“Would she sacrifice her friends?” Illyria prodded.

“I’d never asked her to do such a bloody thing. Besides, they’re my friends, as well.” Spike responded.

“But they weren’t your friends until you developed a relationship with Buffy.” Illyria stated.

“And you weren’t my sister until my father met your mother…we’re not blood, but I would never look at you as less.”

“And we’d never want you to. We’re right beside you, all the way to the end…family.” Fred said, as Illyria considered his comment in agreement and smiled at her twin.

His life was coming together. A son, a wife, friends, family…but there was something missing. His mother.