A/N: Sorry for the wait kiddies…but here it is…almost ten to the end, and a lot of things are going to happen coming up, and I’ll do my best not to drag it out or rush it…so if anything let me know what you want, and how you like it so far.

Chapter Twenty-One: On My Own

With Joshua finally home, Spike and Buffy began getting into a routine. Spike worked at the gallery in the morning, and took classes at night. That usually got him home at around ten, and between work and school he also stopped at the house to check on Buffy and the baby. It was hard for him, but he did what he had to, to get the bills paid.

Buffy spent the weekdays with Joshua, and the weekends at the gallery. The couple figured after the baby become six months of age, they could hire a nanny, but Buffy wanted to be sure that no one else really RAISES her son but her and Spike.

As three weeks came to a closing, Spike was becoming jitterier, counting every second until he could dive into Buffy’s core. She’d gone down to her normal size, but her breasts were still full from the milk. He was still sleeping in his old room, his nights containing lotion and dirty magazines. He didn’t feel bad...he had needs too.

They sat in the breakfast nook, Spike eating cold cereal, while Buffy fed Joshua. Spike kept jiggling his leg, watching the way Buffy’s tank top rode low on her breasts, how her hair fell down her back, close to caressing her butt, and that sly smile in her eyes, as Joshua devoured his formula. She glanced at Spike, and caught him staring as he chewed his cereal.

“What?” She questioned. She noticed the stares, and desire that his eyes held, everyday more evident.

“Huh?” He questioned, snapping out of a daze.

“You keep looking at me, like a virgin starved for strippers.” She replied.

A smile crept over his lips. “I’m beginning to feel like one, too, pet.”

“What are you trying to say, is my little Spiky backed up?”

“More than you know…but no need to worry, time is on my side. Three days.” He replied.

“You can’t be seriously counting down until we’re finally able to have sex, are you?” Buffy questioned, amused.

“Damn right I am, luv. When I’m finally able to have that tight little body, you won’t be able to walk for days.” He threatened.

“Hey! Virgin baby ears here.” She said, referring to Joshua. “You’re daddy’s a little cranky, Josh. You have to excuse him,” she cooed to the little boy.

“And you’re going to have your first sleep over at grandma’s very soon, Little Nib.” Spike warned.

*

“Are you sure this is what you want?” Giles questioned, holding a piece of paper in his hand.

“Yeah, Dad…I am.” Spike replied nervously, so close to the past.

Giles nodded, understandingly, and handed Spike the number. “William…I just want to warn you. She’s different from us…very big on morals and rules. She may not be as keen to the idea of the marriage or your son.”

“Are you saying she’s the old fashioned type of woman?” Spike was amused with the information.

“Yes, she is.” Giles replied, taking off his glasses and cleaning them with a handkerchief.

“Than what about me…you weren’t married.” Spike reminded the old man.

“You’re right, but those were in the days that I was known as Ripper…a bad ass leather wearing bad boy, somewhat like yourself. Your mother was a Catholic school girl, all innocence and legs.” A faint smile approached Giles’ lips.

“How did you pry apart innocence?” Spike questioned curiously.

“I was all talk and promises, but when it came down to it, I knew the minute you were born that you would be my life. Your mother cried, and cursed me, but tried it out. We lived in a flat in the poorer side of London, and to her parents it was the worst thing she could do. It didn’t take a lot of convincing for her to go back to that mansion, and leave us there.” Giles explained.

“She was young…” Spike didn’t understand why he was defending her. Part of him figured it was because part of him was always missing something…his birth mother must have been it. Jenny had been a perfect mother, but when it came down to it, he still had a void that needed to be filled.

*

Spike sat in the master bedroom, as Buffy put Joshua to sleep in his room. His hands shook as he prepared to dial the number. Two rings and an unfamiliar voice picked up.

“Gwendolyn Post.” She answered.

“M-Ms. Post?” Spike questioned nervously.

“Yes?” She asked gently.

“This is William…William Giles, your-“

She cut him off, her breath caught in her throat. “My son.”

“Hello, Ms. Post…I just…I’m sure you know that I’m to be married in a few months…and I have a son…I would like you to some, and meet my son.” Spike explained.

“Son? You have a son…my Lord, you’re only nineteen.” She attempted to keep her panic down. “Well, we should meet.”

“I work at Dad and Joyce’s gallery in Sunnydale during the weekdays.” He informed her.

“Who’s Joyce?” She asked curiously.

“Joyce is Buffy’s mum.” Spike replied.

“What’s a Buffy?”

“My fiancé.” Spike replied.

“I’ll meet you tomorrow for lunch. Ta-ta.”

Before Spike had the chance to ask when and where, she hung up.

“Who was that?” Buffy asked coming into the room.

“My mother.” Spike put a hand through his hair and sighed.

“Your m-mother?” Buffy hesitated.

“My mother…I want her there, for the baby and our wedding…I miss Jenny.” Spike explained.

“I understand, Spike, but you don’t know her…she was cold enough to leave you and Giles, how do you know she’s not a generally cold person?” Buffy questioned.

Spike stood suddenly. “Guess I’ll have to find that out on my own, pet. Goodnight.” He placed a chaste kiss on her lips, and made his way to the attic.