*A/N: Good news…I think there is a chance that this will be a baby fic…I hope you all enjoy…but I can’t make many promises because it depends where my sick and twisted mind takes me…enjoy and please, your input means the world to me!*

Chapter Two: Miss Him

The following day, Xander awoke with Buffy lying in his arms. She mustn’t have slept in days, because when he reached to answer the phone, she didn’t stir.

“Hello?” He questioned into the pink plastic receiver.

“What are you doing there, whelp? Where’s Buffy?” Spike questioned with annoyance. It was the afternoon in England, and around 10AM in Sunnydale.

“She’s still asleep. I stayed over and kept her company while she bawled her eyes out over you and the situation you’ve put her in.” Xander said angrily.

“What situation? What the bloody hell are you talking about?” Spike suddenly felt lost, the entire feel in his body drifting away at the thought of hurting his true love.

“Let Buffy tell you when she’s ready, but I suggest you wait a little while, like, never!” With that Xander slammed down the phone, awaking Buffy in an instant.

“I’m late!” Buffy shouted right when she opened her eyes.

“For what?” Xander questioned.

“School!” She shouted, getting up and rushing to her dresser to look for something to where.

“Buffy, it’s Sunday.” He laid his head back down on the pillow and let out a long sigh.

“Really?” Buffy questioned, and Xander nodded. “Okay.” She slowly went back into bed, snuggling beside her best friend. “What would I do without you?” She looked up at him, with her big green eyes and sleep-tousled hair.

“I don’t know, but I support you one-hundred percent in whatever you decide. I’m not going to judge you, or make accusations. I’m just going to tell you that I love you, and you should talk to your mother.” Xander spoke with care, but Buffy’s eyes went wide.

“My mother!” She sat up straight in bed. “I can’t do that…this will ruin her.” Tears filled her eyes.

“She loves you, Buffy.” Xander ensured her, the conversation with Spike heading to the back of her mind.

*

Joyce sat on the couch in silence when she heard her daughter’s words her facial features unreadable. “Are you sure?” Questioning came to her face, and tears filled her eyes. Buffy only nodded, looking down at her hands as they rested in her lap. “Well, Buffy…I’m not going to yell out you…I want to, but these things happen.” She was actually at a loss for words. “I-I thought you took proper precautions.”

“I did…except after that fight…it just happened.” Buffy said, finally obtaining the courage that she needed to look at her mother’s hurt expression.

“How?” Joyce questioned.

Buffy’s eyes widened. “Do I really need to explain that?” Her cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

“You’re responsible enough to have sex, so you better be able to talk about it.” Joyce said.

“He came here the Saturday before he left…and we…” Buffy attempted to explain.

“In this house?” Joyce’s eyes went wide as her daughter’s often did. Buffy nodded shamefully. “I’m very disappointed in you…you should know better, Buffy. That is beyond disrespectful. Go to you room while I digest this…then we’ll decide what to do.” Joyce pointed toward the stairs.

As Buffy rushed up the stairs, near tears, Dawn came down. “Buffy’s in trouble?” The youngest Summers asked with a wide smile, only to receive a glare from her mother. “What?”

*

“I don’t understand what I did wrong?” Spike cried before Darla, his face in is hand.

The blonde sat beside him on the couch in her living room and smiled, as she reached over to touch his hair. “You did nothing wrong. It’s her…she doesn’t appreciate you the way I could.”

Spike pushed her away roughly. “You or anybody else can ever replace the love I have for Buffy. It was a mistake to become your friend. You did it on purpose, didn’t you? The way you spoke so she’d hear you.”

“What can I say…I always get what I want, and right now I want you.” Darla stood and sensuously made her way toward Spike, pressing her body to his.

He pushed her away, and went for the door. “Sod off you fucking bint.” It was clear that Spike would never be able to look at another woman the way he did Buffy, and he was not about to let Darla try to take her place. He was going to work hard, and go back to Sunnydale to win back the woman he loves.

*

“P-pregnant? A-are you sure?” Willow asked with a shocked expression on her face, as she sat in Buffy’s room, Xander and Anya along with her.

“Yeah…” Buffy was tired of crying, as she sat on her bed, looking at each friend. “I was stupid…I am big stupid Buffy.”

“People make mistakes, Buff. It takes two.” Xander said.

“But for some reason it doesn’t feel like a mistake, because this baby growing inside of me was made out of love. Nothing can ever change my feelings for Spike, and right now…I just have to find out if what I heard was really what he meant.” Buffy said.

“Anya is a very nice name.” The recently shorthaired Brunette smiled brightly, and earned a gentle jab in the ribs. “Hey!” She whined, shooting daggers at Xander through her eyes.

Buffy just smiled. “We’ll see.”

“You can do it Buffy. I’ll be here for you.” Willow encouraged her.

“We’ll be here for you.” Xander corrected.

“If Spike is really cheating on you with a skanky girl who is giving him many orgasms, we will be here to give orgasms as well...” Anya considered her comment for a second. “That came out way more lesbian than I intended it to.”

“She means that if Spike is being an asshole, we’ll become surrogate parents.” Willow corrected.

Buffy doubted that Spike would mind a bundle of joy, but smiled at her friends with such hope, and trust. She was not alone, but she still missed him.