*Hold Me
Even though I know you're leaving*

Looking back now, I think I knew. That night when you held me in your arms, I knew that would be the last time. If not forever, then for a long time.

*And show me all the reasons you would stay
It's just enough to fell your breath on mine
To warm my soul and ease my mind*

I think that's why I couldn't sleep, because I knew you wouldn't be there the next night. So I just lay there in your arms, feeling your cool breath mingle with mine. Angel breath. I don't know why I kissed him. Maybe because I thought it would take me back to those days so long ago, when all I worried about was geometry, fledglings, and whether or not he would appear out of nowhere that night. But it didn't, because the whole time, you were there.

*You've got to hold me and show me now*

We didn't make love that night, I didn't want you to think I was using you to take my mind off The First. I didn't want it to be like it was last year, so I let you do something that was forbidden then, I let you love me. In the way you wanted to before, I let you hold me and show me that you were the one.

*Give Me
Just one part of you to cling to and keep me everywhere you are
It's just enough to steal my heart and run, then fade out with the falling sun*

I don't remember the battle, or the pain, but I remember the light. The light that poured out of you and the light from the flame in our hands. I remember your face and your words, but I don't remember leaving you. Because I died with you.

*Oh, Please Don't Go
Let me have you just One Moment More*

They worry about me, they say I should be happy, it's over. But they don't know. It's never over, not for me. Because I live in the basement of my house in Sunnydale, in your arms.

*Oh, All I need
All I want is just One Moment More
You've got to hold me and keep me now*

Dawn found the sleeping pills today, she wanted to know why I sleep all the time, why I'm not living the normal life I fought so hard for. So I told her. My life is over. And in my dreams, I'm with you.

*Tell Me
How someday you'll be returning and maybe
Maybe, I'll believe*

I think about you, when I've slept so much I can't anymore. I think about things you said and things you did. Things you whispered when you thought I was asleep. You whispered of how you'd never leave me, how I'd never be rid of you because you would always come back. Things I didn't want to hear then, but now? Now, I would fight a legion of demons, just to hear you sigh.

*It's just enough to see a shooting star
To know you're never really far*

I thought about our kiss behind the bronze, about the way you saved me as the smoke was curling around me, and the words you said. So one of us is living. I thought about that for a long time. I decided to go out and watch the stars, like we did the night the basement flooded. I wonder if they will twinkle the way your eyes did.

*It's just enough to see a shooting star
To know you're never really gone*

I dreamt of you last night. I was in your arms, and I told you all the things I should have. The things I would have told you, if I had just had one moment more. To prove to you that I do love you, because I do. God, it suffocates me sometimes. You once told me you were drowning in me. Now, I know how you felt.

*Oh, Please Don't Go
Let me have you just One Moment More
All I need
All, I want is just One Moment More*

I went out with them tonight, it's not as hard anymore. I had a good time, and when I came home, I cradled you in my arms and told you how much I love you, and how much I need you. I should have told you all these things, should have done a lot of things different. I still think of you constantly. Think of your words, your ways, and for the first time, I thought of your sacrifice.

*Oh, Please Don't Go
Let me have you just One Moment More
Oh, All I need
All I want is just One Moment More*

I used to lay in bed and think of all the things I should have said, things I should have done. But now, as I walk along the beach under the stars, I think of the things I'm going to tell you, when you come back to me.


*You've got to hold me and maybe I'll believe*