Author's Chapter Notes:
thanks to my amazing reviewers...hope you enjoy the new chapter. Katkin, your turn:)
Spike was hiding: he might be a master vampire but he got to be a Master by not being stupid. And it would be a stupid man, vampire, who got between Dawn, Buffy and the piles, no mountains, of fabric that they had bought for the trip back in time. It reminded Spike of times long ago when his own house had been in uproar for his dearest Louisa’s coming-out party. He’d hidden at his club then; no club to hide in now though. He’d just have to make the best of it.

Dressmakers had appeared, all specialists in historical clothing, and they had taken over the dining room producing all the gowns both women would need for a three week holiday in the past. Spike cheated. He had gone along to his old tailors in Saville Row and ordered what he wanted. There had been a couple of strange looks as the assistant had found that this Sir William Pratt had exactly the same measurements as the Sir William Pratt who graced them with his presence, and his accounts, in the 1870’s.

William Pratt had long ago realised that time equalled money and money certainly equalled time. The more money, the quicker the clothes would be ready.

He was promised that everything would be delivered to his house within a week. He felt different, dressed in the smart attire of his own class and own time. A gentleman born and bred.

A letter had been written to The Langham Hotel to reserve a suite of rooms for Sir William and Lady Pratt and their party and, although Cordy moaned about it, the letter was delivered through time as the others had been.

‘I’ll be glad when Dawn works out how to do this for herself,’ she muttered as she vanished into the bright light that hurt Spike’s eyes.

Dawn and Buffy had spent the whole week with Morgana, learning all the social niceties that dictated behaviour in 1880’s England. They had been in fits of laughter over the uses of a fan and how to gain a gentleman’s attention. Not that Buffy would be doing that much of course; Spike growled at even the idea of Buffy talking to anyone else. It was hard: Dawn never expected homework for her birthday present, but both the women understood how important it was that they fitted in. They learned to waltz and to polka, to do the gay gordons and the lancers. The natural grace exhibited by the slayer was shared by her sister and made the lessons quite simple.

Now everything was set for Dawn’s big day. Morgana seemed to know everything instinctually. It was as though she had lived through Victoria’s reign.

Dawn was the first one to ask, ‘just how do you know all this stuff?’ She just had to know after they had been listening to a lecture on the dance card.

‘I was born before even your vampire, young lady.’

‘What??!!’

‘A Lady doesn’t give out her age, but let’s say I have seen an awful lot over the years.’ She laughed and continued with the lesson, knowing Dawn would be mortified if she got any of the myriad of the intricacies of behaviour wrong.

Everything was ready. This time tomorrow they would be stepping through the portal and arriving in 1882 London for the season. They had booked the rooms for a whole two weeks and were planning all sorts of diversions, though they had enough clothes for longer.

Buffy was already in bed when Spike finished carrying the last of the cases downstairs. There were trunks and bandboxes galore waiting for the portal to be opened in the morning. It would zap them straight through to the Council Headquarters; Morgana had assured them that they would all be safe but Buffy would be packing a gun and a crossbow just in case. She still didn’t trust the council.

Spike just stopped moving and looked at her. She was beautiful, her hair spread across the pillow like a honey waterfall. He loved looking at her, she filled every empty hole in his heart and had completely taken over his life. This slip of a woman had become the centre of his universe. Buffy opened her eyes and watched her beautiful vampire watching her. It always made her feel so cherished.

‘Come here and make love to me, my gorgeous sexy vampire,’ she said with a grin.

‘Is that an order?’ He asked with a smirk. He could feel his body harden at the scent of her arousal.

‘Oh yes it certainly is,’ she reached out her hand and looked him deep in the eyes. They were flashing from blue to gold, a sure sign of both William and the demon’s arousal.

Spike took her hand gently in his and started kissing her fingertips. He brushed each individual digit with his lips before making his way up her hand and arm slowly. Buffy could feel the moisture pooling between her thighs before he had reached her elbow. He could make her come without even touching her anywhere naughty!

Spike looked up to Buffy’s face, he worshipped this woman completely. She had stolen his unbeating heart without even trying, he loved her strength and her gentleness. He loved her loyalty and her faithfulness. He just wished he deserved such a treasure. His eyes flashed golden again and he could feel his brow ridges emerging on his forehead. He wanted to make love slowly tonight and fought to keep the demon in check: demon tended to take Buffy fast and hard and tonight was a time for slow and gentle.

‘No, let him out..’ Buffy whispered as she watched the inner battle being played out in his eyes. She ran her fingers across the ridges, causing Spike to purr loudly and rub his face on her open hand. Buffy continued to brush her fingers down his face and neck causing the purrs to get louder and louder. He sounded like a contented panther.

‘Let him come through totally? Please,’ Buffy asked and Spike relaxed completely, allowing the demon to take over fully. His eyes became the deepest gold, as though the sun itself was reflected in them. He could feel his fingers lengthening and his claws appearing, but still Buffy didn’t pull back. His fangs dropped down from the roof of his mouth and she reached up to kiss him thoroughly. Her tongue traced the shape of his teeth, nicking herself on the sharp fang and allowing the blood to drip into his mouth.

Spike shuddered at the taste and strength of the elixir as it overpowered his taste buds. He thought he would explode, he was addicted to Buffy’s blood.

Buffy sat up further and pulled him down onto the bed. She deepened the kiss more, allowing her hands to wander over his body, down his perfect abs and along his narrow hips. She could feel his hard cock through the rough denim: it seemed big even for him and she undid the button and pulled down the zipper, releasing his shaft from its imprisonment. Buffy looked up again into the face of a pure demon, a demon that should have been ripping out her heart, not cradling it carefully and protecting it with all he was.

There were times when she really wished that she had told him that she loved him so much earlier. She regretted every blow she’d ever landed on that glorious face, and every cruel word she had ever spoken to the brave and noble being in front of her. She knew she would spend her life making it up to him.

Spike’s chest rumbled with the noises of contentment he was making, noises that only she ever heard: they seemed to reach her very core, making her even wetter if that were at all possible. Buffy helped him lay down on the bed and she was on her knees by his side. She kissed him down his chest and followed the short hairs that led to a greater prize. Buffy licked her lips at the sight of his magnificent cock. It was ridged when he was in game face. Thicker, longer, pulsing in time with her licks. She could feel him hardening and his cock swelling as she licked and sucked his beautiful cock deep into her throat.

Spike screamed his release as he shot his load down her throat within seconds as though he were some hormonal teenager having his first encounter. He had no control when Buffy was like this. His hand wrapped in her hair. He couldn’t believe that this wonderful, beautiful woman loved him and made love to him so thoroughly.

But Buffy wasn’t finished with him yet. She slid up his prone body until she straddled his hips. Spike’s eyes still showed gold but the demon was happy to let Buffy take the lead. He was totally secure in his belief in Buffy. Both sides of his essence loved, and worshipped this woman.

Buffy rubbed her wet core against his shaft until it was once again firm and standing proud of his body, then, lifting herself up, she impaled herself on it. Pushing hard down until he was embedded so deeply she could feel the tip of his cock rubbing against her womb. She felt full and complete and very loved. She started rocking, sliding up and down Spike’s cock. The cock was thicker and slightly longer than it usually was, an unexpected benefit from the demon being in the fore. She could feel the ridges hitting all the right spots, pushing her higher and higher into ecstasy.

Spike ran his hands up and down her flanks, being careful to ensure that his claws didn’t hurt her. Her skin was like satin, luxurious and smooth, golden against the silver of his paleness. He moved his hands across her ribcage and under her breasts. Spike loved her breasts. They seemed to fit his hands perfectly. He ran the pad of his thumbs across her nipples, hardening them more. Buffy was making the little noises that meant that she was getting close to her second climax. He could smell the increase in her juices and lifted his hips in time with her thrusts. As she reached the pinnacle of ecstasy Buffy leaned down to nuzzle into his neck. It was always an erogenous zone for any vampire and Spike moaned as her human teeth started nipping and biting him. She was right over the mark that Dru had left and it was driving him crazy. Before he knew what had happened Buffy’s teeth had lengthened into fangs and she bit down hard on his neck, obliterating all the marks that were there. She could feel her own fangs enter his skin and could taste the coppery blood on her tongue.

‘Mine’ she screamed… ‘My mate until eternity ends!’

Spike was so shocked that he didn’t reply: he’d always dreamed that Buffy would want this, that she would mate with him, but to have the dream come true was more than the poet or the demon had ever hoped for.

Then he smelled the tears and looked into emerald pools. Buffy was crying.

‘Don’t you want this? I thought this was what you wanted, I found about claiming and everything. I had to initiate it or it wouldn’t work: I’m sorry…’ she burst into tears. She sounded so lost and alone, Spike thought. He had never seen her looking so small and lost.

‘Wha’?’ was all he could manage to say.

‘You haven’t answered. Don’t you want me? You won’t have to fight for your freedom: I’ll go,’ she grabbed for the sheet and tried to hurry away, the tears flowing freely down her face. That was when he realised. He hadn’t replied to the claim. He hadn’t said anything. He could be so dumb sometimes.

‘Yours,’ he said quietly, then louder, ‘your mate, until eternity ends.’

Buffy looked at him from the middle of the floor, the sheet held closely to her body.

‘You mean that?’

‘Yours,’ he repeated again, ‘your mate.’

She moved the hair from her neck where it covered the bites from all the other vampires and walked back towards him as he lay naked on the bed.

‘You want us equal, pet? There’s no divorce, you know that?’

‘You mean you’ll never be able to leave?’

‘Never. We have to be together for the rest of our lives; if I die you will as well. Are you sure you want this?’


She nodded and tilted her head up to allow him to get better access to her neck. Spike stood up and walked towards her. Taking her gently in his arms he aligned his fangs over all the previous marks and sank his teeth into his chalice.

‘Mine, my mate until eternity ends.’

‘Yours,’ Buffy whispered. ‘Your mate.’

Spike swung her up in his arms and laid her back on the bed.

‘I’m going to shag you senseless until the morning,’ he stated as he threw her onto the bed.

‘No you’re not,’ she answered. ‘You’re going to make love to me, your wife…’