Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All BtVS and Angel characters and dialog belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy and Fox Studios. I own nothing except any original characters I add. This story is not meant to infringe on the rights of those above.

Warnings: A rape does occur in this story, I will warn you at he beginning of the chapter. Noting too graphic.
The Rain Came Down



Chapter 1

“Oh My God!” Buffy jumped out of her chair and threw her arms around Spike’s neck, “Yes! Yes! Yes! Oh my God, Oh my God!! Oh, oh do I get a ring?” She squealed, wiggling her ring finger in his face.

Spike looked at her…Fuck! He didn’t think of that, look at her face…think Spike think! He looked down at his hands the only ring he had was his skull ring with the ruby eyes. He sighed and pulled it from his finger.

“Sorry luv, I buggered this up, don’ have a ring, but will you wear this one, ’s my favorite, I promise I will get you a proper one.” He said as he placed it on her finger.

Buffy looked down at her ring, her eyes welling up with tears, He gave me his favorite…She looked up at him, his clear blue eyes searching hers for some indication that she would accept his meager offering, that she would not reject him. Tears spilled past her lashes and washed down her cheeks, and he knew he had ruined it.

He tore his eyes from hers and looked at the floor waiting for her rejection when he felt her small trembling hand under his chin pulling his eyes back to her face, and then he saw it, the most beautiful smile he had ever seen, her tears stained cheeks, glowing with radiance and joy. She was effulgent. Then she spoke, well he saw her mouth moving, but he was too lost to hear what she actually said.

“Spike? Spike?” He snapped his eye shut and shook his head clearing the fog that was now clouding his brain.

“Huh, what did you say Luv, kind of lost me there for a moment?”

Buffy placed her hands of either side of his face, and brought his lips to hers in the most gentle kiss he had ever known, brushing her lips lightly to his she said “I said that this ring is perfect, just perfect, and I love you, you big dufus!” She giggled and then claimed his mouth again.

And with that Spike was a man lost, his hands shot to her waist and hauled her against him as he sought entrance to her mouth. God she was so warm, he couldn’t contain himself, he deepened the kiss, his tongue dueling with hers, as her arms went around his neck and her body molded itself to his.

She could feel his arousal against her stomach, and she rubbed herself against him, her own body loosing its control over her desire, then they heard a loud coughing noise behind them and they broke apart both gasping.

Giles, shit I forgot about him.

Buffy twisted in Spikes arms, eliciting a grown from him when her bottom came in contact with his throbbing erection. “Giles!” She squealed, “We’re getting married, look!” as she waggled her finger in his face, “my ring, isn’t it wonderful?”

Giles took a shuttering breath, “Dear Lord!” And here I thought things couldn’t get any worse. “Buffy, I do believe this is a little rash, maybe you should think about this.” He said as he reached for her hand bringing it closet to his face so he could see, his eye sight was getting worse by the minute. “Is that a skull?”

“I know ’s not right for her, but I forgot about a ring, so I gave her mine. I’ll get her a proper ring, as soon as I can. I have been tied up here for weeks, so ’s not like I could get my dosh or to a shop.” Spike said as he nuzzled the slayers neck planting soft kisses along the side.

“But I don’t want a new ring, I like this one!” She pouted

“That lip, gonna get it!” He said as he spun her around and captured her lips again.

“Would you two stop that?” Giles shouted as he stumbled over to the sofa, spilling his scotch as he tripped on the throw rug. “This can not be happening!” He all but growled in frustration.

Buffy and Spike broke apart and Buffy turned to him “Giles, are you okay?”

“No! I most certainly am not! Oh Lord, I do believe I am now blind.” He said with a defeated sigh.

“Blind?” Buffy asked rushing to her watcher’s side. “When did this happen?” Helping him to sit on the sofa, placing his tumbler of scotch on the table and then sitting beside him holding his hand.

“It started this morning, I went to Willow’s to get the ingredients for the spell we were going to do on Spike, and my eyesight got blurry. It has been getting worse all day, and now nothing just blackness.” He explained as he rubbed his eyes with his free hand.

“Did you notice anything today, honey?” She asked as she looked up at her fiancé.

“Oi! Don’ look at me! I didn’ do it.” He said as he threw his hands up in the air in mock surrender. “Knew somethin’ was off, ‘cause he left the key to the chains right next to me. That’s how I escaped. Didn’ rightly know he’d go all Ray Charles.” Spike explained.

“Giles, did anything else happen today, or last night? A demon attack or any other weirdness?” Concern etched on her face as she looked at her surrogate father, then turning her questioning eyes to Spike

“I don’t recall anything odd, or weirdness as you say.” He sighed and laid his head back against the back of the sofa and closed his useless eyes.

“Me neither.” Spiked shrugged. “Could be a hex or spell, you piss anyone or anything off lately watcher?”

“Not that I am aware of.” Giles stated as he lifted his head upright again. Then he started to stand excited “But if it is a spell or hex as you say, a simple reversal spell should do the trick. I just need to research!”

Buffy grabbed his arm and pulled him back down onto the sofa, “but Giles, you can’t see the books, so how are you going to research.”
“No worries watcher, I look for the spell, while Buffy gets you another drink.” Spike said as winked at Buffy and strode over to the bookcases.

“Awe, isn’t he just the bentest fiancé?” She said as she jumped up and joined Spike at the books, pulling him down for a kiss, which quickly took on a life of it’s own. Spike closed the book he had open and pulled Buffy against him. She jumped into his arms wrapping her legs around his waist rubbing her drenched center against his bulging erection. Spike then pinned her between him and the bookcase pumping his hips to gain more friction when disgusted watcher shouting loudly interrupted their efforts…

“I can still hear you!”