Chapter 22

"So, we continue with the pampering of the dead and resurrected for a third time Buffy?" the Slayer asked, once again being carried by her vampire lover. He put her down on the bed and kissed her on the tip of her nose. He smiled, then went over to the dresser to retrieve her undergarments and fresh clothes for them both.

"We do indeed, sweetheart, down to the kitchen we go and I'll make you anything you'd like for dinner. Or call for delivery because I'm not sure if I can cook much beyond microwaving blood. But I'll try." He brought her the clothes and continued on with dressing himself.

"Actually, do we have any pineapple? I have an insane craving for pineapple chunks in plain yogurt."

"You're so weird."

"What? It's nummy."

"It's breakfast for waifish supermodels with eating disorders. If you want breakfast I can make eggs and bacon and potatoes."

"Spike healthy food doesn't equal bad, your kind of breakfast will make my heart explode."

"Balders, it's good English living."

"An oxymoron if ever I heard one. Fine, pineapple on my pizza please."

"And a pound of cheese is healthy? You're a damned insufferable chit...but I love you and I wouldn't change anything about you." He took her hand and pulled her to her feet, wrapping his arms around her and holding her close. "Don't ever scare me like that again, you hear me?"

"I'll do my best, and don't you ever get dusty."

"Do my best."

"Food now please."

"Yes dear."

***

"Come to momma cheesy goodness," Buffy moaned as the slice of gooey, topping laden pizza was brought to her mouth. She took a large bite, stuffing her face full."Mmmm mmmmm!!"

Spike watched, bemused at his lady love indulging in the pleasure of food. He'd always thought she ate too little, was too thin. He'd love a nice plump Slayer more than he thought was safe to tell a woman. Before Buffy had finished her first piece of pizza, Spike had taken another two from the box and put them on her plate. He wondered if Willow had added a little something extra to the Pluthor antidote, he'd never seen Buffy consume food quite so ravenously.

"Thought I might pop down to the store n' get us some chocolate ice cream if there's none in the freezer, sound good to you, pet?" She nodded her head enthusiastically, happily digging into the second piece. I nice curvy Slayer with a round bottom and succulent breasts. Lovely, he thought. The smell of pizza must have triggered the hunger of the rest of the household as the others made their way from various rooms into the dining room.

"How come you didn't tell us there was pizza?" Dawn asked, a little stricken. Spike snatched away the box before the teenager to get a piece.

"'Cause it's Buffy's I'm not dead for a third time celebratory pizza!" the vampire protested.

"Spike, you practically kidnapped my sister to the upstairs when you knew we all wanted to share in the so glad you're not dead again love fest, we deserve pizza!" Spike sighed, and caught a smirk from the Slayer, her cheeks stuffed full like a chipmunk's.

"Order whatever you like, bit."

"I thank you, and the raging pride of lions in my stomach thank you also." She went bounding towards the kitchen to call in her order to the all night pizza place, but Spike spoke again.

"Are you happy, nibblet?" Buffy was too busy stuffing her face to notice the the subtle conversation passing between her sister and her vampire. Dawn looked at them both and nodded her head before wiping away a tear. All this time the others had been slowly gathering around the edges of the dining room, just observing Buffy - pigging out. The Slayer had torn a fearsome swath through the pizza, devouring nearly all of it. Spike smiled at seeing Giles with his arm around Anya, watching Buffy with almost parental pride, Xander and Willow too stood close, friends forever. Spike turned back to Buffy and swiped away a dollop of tomato sauce from the corner of her mouth before tasting it off his finger.

"What do we have for dessert? Is there ice cream? Did someone check yet?" she asked around the the cheese.

"Are you sure you'll have room, pet?" Spike reached out again rubbed the side of her cheek with the back of his knuckles. She smiled and stuffed the crust into her mouth, nodding happily.

"Can I eat it off your washboard abs?" Spike burst out laughing, but even more so he was pleased to know she wasn't kidding,"Or, banana split?"

"And I'm the banana?"

"Okay, okay, I realize you two are like atypical sex fiends for each other, but does everything always have to be about Spike's penis?!" Xander burst out. The others stared at the young man, with blank, somewhat shocked looks on their faces. Spike inched his chair closer to Buffy.

"I swear I had nothing to do with this one," Willow protested,"If someone gayed him up, it wasn't me."

"Xander, I appreciate....no, perhaps I don't appreciate...oh bloody hell, Harris, I'm strictly butter side up," Spike blathered, his hand resting high up on Buffy's inner thigh, just to stake a claim to his manliness,"So...so..."

"God, what is wrong with you people?!" Xander shouted,"This was about them, being all over each other! Buffy's just come back from the dead, again, and we're all happy and grateful, and he's all over her and....and...I give up."

"Good, because you'll never win m'heart, it belongs to Buffy. Sure, you're a fine strapping young lad and if I were a different kind of vamp, possibly named Angel, I'm sure you'd be prime bite material but..."

"Spike, honey, go get me that ice cream or you and can Xander go find a nice cozy crypt..." Buffy interjected.

"I'm not gay!" Xander proclaimed, again,"And even if I was..."

"It's okay Xander, I remember how you liked to tie me up in your basement..." Spike countered,"But honestly, you've been putting out the come ons for years now, I'm sorry, mate, I just swing from different vines than you."

"What? You can't be serious...I'm not..." Mercifully the doorbell rang and Xander bolted,"I got that!" He left the others in his wake, laughing their asses off.

Xander opened the door to reveal the unexpected visitor that was Harmony. She stood there with a mightily pissed off look on her face, hands on her hips and foot tapping the Declaration of Independence in Morse code. Madame's entire entourage stood behind her in full vamp face and lingerie.

"She burned down my house!" Harmony declared.

"Buffy!!! It's for you!!" Xander hollered. The entire household came running.

"Oh crap," said Buffy.