Author's Chapter Notes:
Once again thank you to everyone who reviewed. It makes my day. And feel free to drop one while you're here!
I hope you like this chapter :)





Oh, and I don't suppose anyone feels like making a banner? If you do, I'd totally appreciate it if you'd let me know.

Loves!
For the third time that day, Spike’s stomach did a somersault. From behind the men came a petite woman. Her skin was tanned and golden, just like her hair. Her green eyes sparkled with emotion. She was everything that the people around her were not.


She was the Stolen Slayer.


~ ~ ~


Spike took a moment to look at her properly. Although she wasn’t the most beautiful woman he had ever seen he thought she was quite pretty, in an quirky way perhaps. Her tan leather dress was fitted around her waist and gladiator sandals that tied around the tops of her calves dressed her feet. Unlike the rest of the warriors she was immaculate, and her hair shone like that of a shampoo commercial.


But the thing that struck Spike most about her was the total joy she seemed to radiate.


“I am glad to see you wakened, Spike. How are you feeling?”


“Yes, I’m very well thank you. And thank you for finding me. Areesh tells me you were the person who first saw me.”


“Yes, when we were returning from battle.”


Her smile was warm and her voice musical. She seemed easy to get along with and Spike found himself looking forward to the coming weeks. It had been a while since he’d had a slayer to train, and this one could definitely be interesting.


He was just about to work where he was from into the conversation when Areesh grabbed the slayer’s arm and said something to her. Spike watched her face light up and Areesh nodded at her and she sped off.


Spike watched her run into the arms of a big man who swept her up and kissed her deeply.


“Who’s that?” He asked Areesh. An unusual feeling of jealousy spread though Spike’s stomach and he just couldn’t understand it. ‘Fair enough if I was really attracted to her,’ Spike thought in indignation. Still, it did nothing to remedy his feelings. ‘Must just be because she’s my Slayer. Never liked them getting distracted and all that junk.’ And now that he was feeling more himself, Spike’s cynical outlook was making a eager reappearance.


“That is Angelus, Elizma’s husband. He too is a warrior but he was injured in the battle and like you he has only just wakened. I’m sure you will be great friends with him, he is a very respected member of our village and one of my most trusted advisors.”


“Yes, I’m sure we’ll get on well.” ‘When Hell freezes over and Wesley finds those testicles he‘s been looking for all these years.’ Spike never had never really gotten on well with other alpha males.


“Do you think you will be alright alone for a short while? Only I must go and speak with people.” Areesh looked at him as though he were her ten year old son. This feeling did not sit well with Spike and his enjoyment was quickly deteriorating.


“Of course, Areesh. I’m sure I can occupy myself for a while.”


The look of relief she sent his way sickened him. Nobody had looked at him like that since he was fifteen and could have passed as an intern at the British Museum. Although he probably would have still been like that if it weren’t for his dad.


However he pushed that thought to the back of his mind, where it could remain for another decade.


Spike almost jumped from his skin when someone touched his arm.


He turned to look at the Slayer hand in hand with her oafish husband. They both had huge smiles on their faces. It made him want to hit someone. The fact that her husband looked like a Calvin Klein model did not help matters.


“Spike this is my husband Angel. Angel this is Spike, the stranger I found on the planes.”


“I’d say I’ve heard much about you, but I’ve learned that being unconscious doesn’t allow me to retain much information,” Angel laughed. “But I can say it’s good to meet you.”


“Yeah, you too,” Spike said in a tone that didn’t really do much to back that statement up.


Elizma looked at her husband for a second and then at Spike. “How are you adjusting?”


“Quite well thank you. I met the man that I’ll be staying with while I’m here.” ‘Might as well try to make some type of conversation. Might not be easy to get her to trust me if she doesn’t even like me.’


“Ahh, yes. Areesh mentioned to me that you’ll be staying with Lornein,” Elizma said. Angel pulled a face when he heard this and his wife turned to him in surprise. “And what is that face for?”


“Oh, come on,” he began as though it should be obvious. All he got was a blank look from Elizma. “I mean, yeah, Lorne’s my best friend and all, but to a stranger? He might be a little much to handle.”


“Oh.” Elizma’s face fell. “I never thought of that.” Angel looked smug and Spike fought to hide a laugh. In spite of himself he was actually quite liked Angel. Elizma looked at Spike with a sympathetic smile. “You can feel free to come to our house whenever you feel then need. Morning. Night. For the afternoon. Maybe even the weekend. Maybe it would be a good idea for us to make up the guest room,” she looked at Angel who nodded.


“Why? How bad can it be? I mean if he’s your friend, he must be okay, right?” Spike asked in a slight panic .


“Oh absolutely,” Angel said. “Don’t get me wrong, Lorne’s great. Everyone loves Lorne. The thing is he lives with his parents, you just met his dad actually, and they’re rarely there. In fact they have another house a few villages over by the mountains and they seem to prefer it there. So Lorne’s house is the unofficial night club of the village. There’s a party there every other night. And Lorne is very open about being gay. For us manly men it can sometimes be a little weird, uncomfortable, you know? Kinda petrifying when it‘s teamed with his uncommonly huge personality.” At Spike’s look of sheer horror Angel was quick to comfort him. “But Lorne’s great. You’ll have a blast.” He followed this with a huge smile that showed quite a few of his perfect white teeth.


“Yeah,” Elizma piped up. “And remember, our door is always open.”


“Er, yeah, thanks. I’ll definitely keep that in mind.” ‘While I’m counting the days until I can get out of here,’ Spike thought glancing once again at the chain that hung from his neck to the muscle shell types that fell around his chest.