Author's Chapter Notes:
Buffy and Spike are acting out the play ‘Romeo and Juliet’.
Chapter One

There were two things running through William Giles’s (also known as Spike) mind at this moment in time. First, the tights he was currently wearing had to be the most uncomfortable thing he had ever wore, and second, Buffy Summers looked beyond gorgeous in her bodice, corset and skirts. She looked almost angelic in the sparkling white lace and sky blue bodice as she seemed to float nearer to him… Seeing his cue, he stepped out from behind the pillar prop.

He grabbed her small hand with his larger one and placed it to his lips. “If I profane with my unworthiest hand this holy shrine, the gentle fine is this: My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand to smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.”

Buffy pulled her hand away, and almost arched a brow at his heated look, but remembered to not step out of character, and fixed a smile on Spike. “Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much, which mannerly devotion shows in this; For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, and palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.”

Spike took his hand and caressed her cheek, his thumb gliding across her lower lip, his eyes mesmerized by the movement. “Have not saints’ lips and holy palmers too?”

She felt her heart begin to beat faster, her voice turned breathy. Get it together, this is only a play. “Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer.”

He took both his hands in hers, She looks so good. She smells so good. “O, then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do; they pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.”

Buffy’s green eyes focused on his cerulean blue ones, I swear if he later makes fun about this… “Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake.”

Spike could feel his heart beating, his voice becoming husky; I’m goin’ to get to kiss her for the first time. “Then move not, while my prayer's effect I take. Thus from my lips, by yours, my sin is purged.”

He pulled her against his body, and placed his lips against hers. It was soft and guarded as if they weren’t sure what to make of the sudden tumult of feeling spreading thorough their bodies. Spike pulled back, both of them hiding their surprise from the audience. However, their gazes between each other became lustful.

She glanced at Spike’s lips, now knowing that even if they looked firm, they were soft and tasted beyond good. “Then have my lips the sin that they have took.”

He pulled her in close again. “Sin from thy lips? O trespass sweetly urged! Give me my sin again.”

Their second kiss wasn’t as soft and guarded as the first. Her lips trembled from desire when they first touched his, but he clung to her, gliding his tongue across her bottom lip. She granted him access, opening her mouth to his, and he took the opportunity to kiss her deeper. It was both passionate and demanding, years of pent up desire and unresolved sexual tension flowing between them in the simple act. Then again, to them it was no simple act. In fact, they both had to keep themselves from moaning. They released their mouths, panting for air.

“You kiss by the book.” Buffy swallowed air and felt heat rush to her face when her best friend, Willow Rosenberg, playing as the Nurse, walked up to them.

“Madam, your mother craves a word with you.” Holy cow, Willow thought.

She and Buffy were so going to talk about this when the play was over.

Buffy nodded and walked in the direction of Cordellia Chase.

After he watched her walk off, Spike turned to Willow, his eyes still blazing with desire for Buffy. “What is her mother?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Buffy sat in her dressing room, staring at herself in the mirror, thinking about the play over and over again. All the times Spike had kissed her…

“Well, after that first scene with Romeo and Juliet, I think it’s safe to say you’ve got a yen for your stepbrother.” Willow's voice announced her appearance as the red head stopped at Buffy’s doorway.

Buffy turned to her red headed friend, a frown on her face, “No. There’s no yen of any kind.”

“Sure, and he was so not checking you out the whole time.” Willow grinned.

“He doesn’t check me out… except for that one time I accidentally walked in on him after he came out of the shower.” Buffy then rolled her eyes. “And Spike isn’t my stepbrother.”

Willow walked up to Buffy and started helping the blonde pull out all the hairpins in Buffy’s hair, “Well, your mom and Giles are as good as married. They’ve been living together for almost five years, with you and Dawn moving to Sunnydale almost four. Besides, everyone knows you have UST going on with Spike.”

“What about me, Red?” Spike asked, swaggering into the room

He had changed out of his costume and was now back in his regular clothing.

Both girls turned, Willow making an ‘eep’ noise. “Nothing Spike. Just talking with Buffy here. That’s what best friends do. Why would you think I was talking about you? Well… what if I was? It’s a free country after all… and you know what? I’m gonna stop babbling and… I think Miss Calendar is calling me.”

With a flourish, Willow left the room.

“You know,” Spike arched an eyebrow and looked back to Buffy. “I wasn’t gonna say anythin’, but sometimes you friends make me wonder about them.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and turned back to the mirror, now brushing her hair, “Go way, Spike.”

He sauntered over to her watching her brush her hair as if it were an intimate act.
When he felt the stir in his tight black jeans, he mentally kicked himself, Really, how many times have I watched Buffy brush and comb her hair? “Why aren’t you out of your dress, luv?”

“God, Spike,” Buffy huffed. “You think you’re that good? That every woman that you come across, find you so irresistible, that they just take their clothes off?”

He grinned at that, “No, pet. What I meant was; why haven’t you changed?”

“Oh,” Buffy felt her face flush in embarrassment. “I couldn’t get out of this dress and Miss Calendar was busy helping the other girls…. What are you doing!?”

Spike had gone behind her and began undoing the strings the held the sky blue bodice, “What’s it look like?”

She pulled her hair out of the way, giving him a tantalizing view of her slender unmarred neck, “Better not try anything, mister.”

“Like what?” He said thickly, placing his lips to the column of her throat. “This?”

She felt her heart starting to beat rapidly when he began kissing, licking and nibbling her tender skin, “Don’t.”

“Oh, I think the lady doth protest too much.” He said, pulling the bodice free and began pulling on the strings to her corset.

“Shut up.” She replied, reaching an arm and bringing his lips to hers.

She kissed him, automatically letting his mouth and tongue explore hers, and sighed loving his taste. He pulled open the corset, his hand journeying to the front where her right breast had spilled out, and covered it. She moaned into his mouth, feeling him caress and kneading her, then out another moan when his fingers circled around her areola and began tweaking her nipple.

“Give me one good reason,” Spike groaned, his voice almost a growl. “Why I shouldn’t pick you up an’ fuck you against this counter.”

Buffy felt a sudden rush of wetness between her thighs and could only answer him with another moan, kissing him harder. She held on him as if life depended on it, her fingers threading through his platinum blonde hair, holding him in place.

“Hey, Buff-Great Merciful Zeus!” At hearing her other best friend, Xander Harris’s exclamation, the teens shot away from each other, Buffy pulling her corset up against her and Spike pulling his duster around himself.

They turned to see Buffy’s cousin, Anya Jenkins, covering Xander’s eyes with a hand, a smile on her face, “Buffy, Xander and I wanted to say good job on the play, and since you’re here too, Spike, good job as Romeo. Also, your dad’s looking for you.”

Spike sighed, “An’ that’s my cue to leave.” He then gave Buffy a heated glance. “See you in a few minutes.”

Xander got Anya’s hands off his face, only to turn red when he saw the flushed look on Buffy's face, “Um… I’ll wait out here while you change.”

Anya closed the door and turned to Buffy, “Wow. And I thought the play had been hot.”

Buffy flushed and turned away from her cousin, “I swear something must be wrong with me.”

“No,” Anya assured as Buffy finished undressing, and put the dress on a hanger. “There’s nothing wrong with wanting Spike to give you many orgasms. And, sorry about that, you looked pretty close.”

Buffy closed her eyes and tried to will away the redness in her face as she pulled on tight blue jeans, a white bra, and a white tank-top, “Oh, God. How am I going to live through this? I freaking live with him.”

“Well,” Anya smiled as she handed Buffy socks and shoes and put the whole costume in the closet. “You could always just let him give you orgasms.”

Buffy gave Anya a annoyed look, “You know that’s not going to happen.”

Anya sighed and hugged her cousin, “Never say never. But… just do what makes you happy.”

As soon as the girls left the dressing room Buffy gave her goodbyes to Xander and Anya, only to run into her mother and sister.

“That was a wonderful play!” Joyce Summers congratulated excitedly as she put her arms around her daughter.

Buffy blushed, “I did have fun learning about William Shakespeare and getting to play the part of Juliet.”

“And kissing Spike!” Dawn teased then began to chant. “Spike and Buffy sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-”

Dawn was silenced by her mother’s stern look.

“Yeah, um… about that-” Buffy saw Spike and Rupert Giles heading towards them. “Can I go spend the night a Willow’s?” Avoidance much, Buffy?

“Sorry, Buffy,” Giles declined upon hearing her request to her mother. “We’re all going to spend a day at Santa Monica.”

“We’re goin’ on a trip?” Spike wondered, his eyes not leaving Buffy’s.

“Yes, all five of us are going. It will be so nice.” Joyce replied excitedly.

Hearing all of this, Buffy set her mind at what she was going to do. She looked back to Spike, her eyes never wavering from his. She wasn’t ready for a relationship with him. Her mind made up, as soon as she got home, she was going to lock her bedroom door and start packing her things.

She simply couldn’t live under the same roof as him. Relationships never worked out for her. Well, at least her relationship with guys. First, there was Ford, back at Hemery. He had spread nasty false rumors about her, simply because she wouldn’t sleep with him. Which had followed her to Sunnydale. Second, there was her father, who had left her mother, her sister, and her. Just because he wanted to be with his secretary from his office. Last there was Riley, who had believed the rumors and continued them when Buffy wouldn’t give it up at a party after a big football game. Well, her relationship with Spike, that could be counted also. They were never friends, not even in the beginning when they first met. She knew he wanted her, had known since their first year of high school. And she was sure that all he was looking for was another notch on his belt. A conquest he had won. And she couldn’t give him that because she wasn’t made that way. One night stands were so not for her.

So, she would be going to L.A. to live with her father, Hank Summers. Maybe he would take in his daughter, feeling the need to make up for past wrongs.