Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Spikes mrs who editted this and helpped give me title. Happy Thanks giving everyone. I don't own them just like to play with them.
Should I be Thankful for….?


Chapter 1


Willow and Buffy were on their way to the store when Buffy and Willow ran into Riley.


“I’ll just leave you two and go and get some coffee, you know where to meet me, when you’re done talking. Buffy.” Willow told her as she started to walk off in the direction of the coffee shop.


“Kay Will, see you in a couple minutes.” Buffy replied before she turned her attention back to Riley.


“So we’re having this Thanksgiving dinner tonight at a friend’s house, because my Mom had to go out of town. Would you like to come?” Buffy asked the Man who had made it clear that he was interested in her.


“Well I was going to be going back to Iowa, but something happened and I have to stay and work at my part time job instead, so if you don’t mind one extra sure I will be there.” Riley told her.


“It’s not a problem, the more the merrier they always say.” Buffy told him as she took out a piece of paper out and wrote down Giles address on it before handing it to him. “Could you come for 6pm, I’m running behind so we won’t be eating before then.” Buffy informed him as she turned and walked away.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Once she met back up with Willow in the coffee shop, she bought a cup of coffee and, sat down in the booth Willow was sitting in.


“So you talk about anything interesting,” Willow asked before adding, “I noticed there was a lack of kiss age.”


Blushing, “Well we are taking it slow, but I did invite him over to Giles for dinner tonight.” Buffy informed her.


“Then I guess we better get to the store, and get back to Giles’s to finish making dinner.” Willow suggested to her, as she got up and threw her coffee away.


Buffy stood up as well, and they left the coffee shop, talking quietly.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


As they enter the food store, to buy what they need, Buffy dropped her empty coffee cup in the garbage can, beside the entrance.


30 minutes later, they had exited the store with everything that they had purchased, and were entering Giles flat again.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


2 hours later there was a knock at the door, so Buffy went to answer it, seeing that Spike was standing there, blanket wrapped around him and smoking, “What do you want, Spike?”


“Help me? He asked, just before he was pushed back away from the door, by a slightly angered Slayer. “What part of help me do you not under stand?” He said as he stood up and made his way back to the door.


“The part where I help you,” Buffy told him as she took a stake from Giles.


“Come on, I'm parboiling out here.” Spike told her before pleading with her. “Come on invite me in.”


Standing behind his Slayer, Giles stated, “NO, it’s fairly unlikely.”


Pleading again, he says as he asked Willow, “Oh, damn it! Look, I'm safe. I can't bite anyone. Willow, tell' em what I did?”


“You said you were going to kill me, then Buffy.” Willow answered honestly.


“Right, bad, let’s skip to the part where, I couldn’t bite you?” Spike suggested to her.


Both Slayer and Watcher looked over to where Willow stood in the living room, as they waited for her to answer. “It is true; he had a little trouble performing.”


With a shrug Spike said when they looked back at him, “Yeah, well, looks like they did me in for good.”


Confused Buffy asked, “What are you talking about Spike?”


“I'm saying that Spike had a little trip to the vet and now he doesn't chase the other puppies anymore. I can't bite anything. I can't even hit people.” Spike told her.


In a mocking tone, Buffy said, “So you haven’t murdered anyone lately, let’s be best pals.”


As he pleaded this time, he turned his eyes to the Watcher knowing he was all for the information. “I've got information. About the soldier boys you were fighting. Got the inside scoop. Come on, what have you got to be afraid of?”


“Come in, Spike.” Giles said when Spike said he had information.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Moving aside to let Spike into the Watcher’s house, Buffy said “Giles are you crazy Spike is a soulless evil, Vampire.” Thinking to herself she said, ‘who gets you hot, every time you fight.’ Then she told him, “He could eat you in your sleep, and no one would be here to help you.” Again she thought, ‘he could eat me anytime he wants, no I like Riley, want to get to know Riley, stop thinking about the evil, soulless, yummy, Vampire.’


Being brought out of her thoughts by Giles, question. “I know what I am getting into, would you please go get me the rope Buffy, and if you are so worried about me you could always take the spare room and help keep an eye on Spike.”


“I just might,” She told him as she walked to his weapons chest to get the rope.


“Are you sure you’re feeling alright, Slayer?” Spike asked when she walked by him to get to the weapons chest. He had smelt her arousal and wasn’t sure if he wanted it directed at him or the Watcher.


“Fine, Spike, I never knew you cared so much.” She told him as she walked back over to him and handed the rope to Giles.


“Maybe you should be the one to tie him after all you are the strongest here.” Giles tells her, while giving her back the ropes.


Seeing the Slayers eyes light up, he said, “I didn’t know you were the kind that went for bondage Slayer.”


“You’re a pig Spike,” She snapped at him as she tied the ropes around his chest.


“You love, me still the same.” He informed her after she had finished tying him up.


“If you need me Giles, I have more of a dinner to get ready for, oh and I also invited Riley, because he was unable to go home.” She told him as she made her way back to the kitchen and Willow.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


1.5 hours later, there was another knock at the door, as Giles got up to answer it; he heard a slight growl from Spike.


“Do be quiet, Spike.” He said before he answered the door, and then said to Angel, “Angel, I didn’t expect you this soon. Please do come in.”


Angel entered the flat and noticed Spike right a way. “What is he doing here?”


“Says he has information for us, so I figured it would wait, until after everyone has left for the night.” Giles informed him.


Looking at Spike as he sat down, he stated “He’s not well.”


“No you poof, that is what almost a week of not eating does to you.” Spike told him with a growl.


“Then eat, oh yeah you do that and either, Buffy or I will have to stake you.” Angel simply stated.


Before Spike could say or do anything, Giles sat down in his chair and said. “It would seem that some kind of Government agency got a hold of Spike and made it so he could not harm any living thing.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Just then Xander and Anya came through the door, Xander started to laugh at what Giles had said, “Oh that is to good, do you think we could have some of them, put them in anyone we need to.


“Xander please do not joke about a thing like that.” Giles chastised Xander.


Sitting down in a chair with Anya, he asked “No really why is Dead boy Jr. here?”


“For the very reason you are laughing about.” Giles told him.


“Oh this is good, do we have any proof?”


“As a matter of fact we do.” Giles stated.


“You have proof that he can’t bite anyone, what, how and who?” Was all Xander could think to ask.


“Willow, it would seem.” Giles told him.


The room feel into silence after that.


____________________________________________________________________________________


At 5 minutes to 6 pm there was a knock at the door, Buffy got up to answer it saying, “That must be Riley.”


Opening the door, she said “Hello Riley, why don’t you come in and have a seat, then I will introduce you to everyone.”


Riley came in and grabbed a seat on the couch next to Angel he noticed the tied up man but never said anything.


“I know you know Willow, this is Xander another friend of ours and his girlfriend Anya. The older man over there is the Giles he owns this place and well I kind of work for him. The brown haired man in Angel he is a friend of ours and a family member to Spike he is the one tied, he is into bondage, and this is Riley Finn everyone.” She told him coming up with a way to explain why Spike was tied up.


“Hello Willow, Xander and Anya, nice to meet you, thank you for having me Mr. Giles. I don’t think I have met you before, do you go to UC Sunnydale,” Riley asked Angel, before addressing Spike, “I have seen you before, but I thought you name had a 17 or something like that at the end.”


Unable to help himself at the mention of 17 he let out a growl.


“Spike,” Buffy said as she went over there turned her back to him and showed the stake in her waist band.


Grabbing the Slayer he pulled her to his lap then growled again.


Seeing what Spike had just done, Angel then growled at Spike.


Seeing what was going on, Riley said “Buffy can we talk?”


“Sure what do you want to talk about?” She asked as she started to rub Spikes hand and arm where he was holding her.


“I was kind of hoping alone.” He said really wanting to get her away from Spike, if he didn’t know any better he would say that was hostile 17.

“Believe me Riley what ever you have to say about Spike or Angel can be done in front of everyone, we have known them both for years.” She told him, never making a move to get off Spike’s lap.


Before, Riley could say anything, the ever tactful Xander chimed in. “Yeah Buffy, why are you sitting on Dead boy Jr. lap?”


“It seems to be calming him for some reason; we are a bit short on seats, so decided I stayed here. It is not big deal.” Buffy told him.


“Buffy don’t take this the wrong what, and I can explain to you, but I think you are sitting on a Vampire.” Riley told her.


Starting to laugh, “A” but she could not get it out, without laughing harder. “A Vampire.” Instantly calming, she said to Riley, “I have knowing Spike for years; I know exactly what he is.”


“So if you know he is a Vampire, then why are you protecting him and not handing him over to the Government so we can finish what we started.


“You want me to hand over someone you had no right to do work on back over to you,” She said angrily to Riley.


“Slayer, calm down.” Spike said not knowing why he was doing this, but to see her protecting him, he didn’t know if he wanted to see a brassed off Slayer while being tied up.


“If anyone has to get rid of the Vampires and demons, it would be me.” She coldly informed him not even listening to what Spike had said.


“And what could you do, to stop them, you are just a girl.” Riley told her.


Everyone but, Spike and Angel gasped at Riley’s comment, seeing that Buffy had brought back her fist prepared to strike Riley.

Angel had her in an instant, moved her a way from Riley and pushed her back down to Spike, once he made sure Spike had a hold of her, he said to Giles, “Untie him so he can deal with her better.”


As Giles started untying Spike, Buffy said, “I have never killed a human yet, but if you come near Spike again, I will kill you.”


Again gasps were heard through the room, before Spike said, “Can’t let you do that, Slayer.”


“Let’s make it clear again, come near my childe or Buffy again and I will kill you.” Angel told Riley, as his fangs started to descend so Riley could see he was serious.


“You’re a Vampire, too.” Riley stated, trying to hide his shock.


“Yep, one of the most feared Vampires’s in the world.” Angel told him through his fangs.


“Looking over to Xander and Anya he asked, “Are you going to suddenly sprout fangs too.”


“No, but I am an ex-vengeance demon.” Anya told him proudly.


“An, Riley seems to be one of the Commando’s we have been working on trying to find information out about then.” Xander told him.


“Yeah, well what is he going to do to me, I am human now?” Anya asked.


“All of you are crazy, I should have taken you that night in the dorm, but figured Willow would be smart enough not to fall for a Vampire.” Riley said as he pulled out his phone.


“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Angel informed him.


Not listening to Angel, he started to dial a number on the phone, as it got answered; Willow whispered a word and the line went dead.


Seeing Riley phone had been knocked out, she said, “opps did I do that?”


“Yeah Red, thanks.” Spike said as he fought to hold the Slayer a little longer.


Breaking his hold on her, Buffy got up and went to the door, “I think it is time for you to leave, Spike will be staying here with me, he is under my protection as of right now, send anyone near him and they will die.”


“He is under my protection to, I will be watching you and if you so much as breathe the wrong way, I will make your death a slow and painfully one.” Angel informed him as he followed Riley out the door to make sure he had left.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Coming back into the flat, he said “lets eat; I would imagine he will be back so we need to get you into safe locations. Buffy do you still have the key for the apartment?”


“It’s at Moms.” She told him.


Good we will go get it, before we spilt up. You can either take Spike then go to the apartment or you can go to the Mansion with everyone and I will take Spike to the apartment.” Angel tells her.


Looking at her friends, before answering him, she asked, “What would you suggest?”


“Honestly, I need to have to talk to the both of you before I tell you.” He told her.


“Willow could you and Xander set up the table and we will be down in a minute.” Buffy asked.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


10 minutes later, Buffy, Spike and Angel we coming back down from Giles’s upstairs. “Giles I am going with Spike and Angel will go with you guys.” Buffy told him in a no questions asked voice as she came over and sat at the table.


“I heated up some blood that Giles had bought for Angel, so both Spike and Angel could have some, so unfortunately it isn’t much.” Willow told Spike and Angel as they also came to sit down.


“We don’t have a lot of time so dig in everyone, because we still have to go and get our things, please tell me you still have things at your parents place Willow, because I think the dorm is the last place we should go right now.” Buffy told them.


“I do.” Willow said quietly, as she started to eat.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Just over an hour later, Angel had left Spike and Buffy in his old apartment, so he could take the rest of the gang over to the Mansion. “I will be back with some blood after I call my crew in LA,” He told them as he closed the door behind him, just to re-open it and give Buffy one last instruction, “Keep it locked we all know how you are with locks and use the peek hole in the door.” Then he was gone.


“So Slayer you going to keep me tied up? I see you brought the ropes,” Spike asked her after Angel had left.


“That would all depend on you Spike, I don’t know what happened at Giles but something happened with us.” She informed him thinking back to how she managed to calm him and her wanting to protect him, after all it was Spike.


“Right then, so what do we do now to pass the time till Granddaddy gets back?” Spike asked as he sat in one of the chairs, “Do you think he kept the cable hooked up?”


“Yep still hooked up,” Buffy said from the kitchen, where she is washing a knife. “But you are not going to be watching it yet, we are going to feed you.”


“Um Slayer, you do know it has been almost 2 years since he has lived here so if there is still blood in the fridge it would be rather chucky by now.” Spike told her thinking she has lost her marbles.


As she walked out of the kitchen she said to him, while holding up and knife and a glass. “No silly, it will be a matter of trust if you can stop yourself when I tell you too, you can drink right from the source if not, and it goes in a cup.”


“If we do this Slayer we do it naturally, you straddling my lap as I drink from the tiny slice you put in your neck.” He told her as she sat down on the bed.


Nodding she pulled off her sweater leaving herself in just her camisole and pants, and then she picked up the knife again and walked over to Spike. Once she was in front of Spike she brought the knife to her neck and gave it a small but deep cut.


As she tossed the knife to the side, Spike pulled her down to his lap. “Promise you I won’t hurt at all.” Then he started to suck at the cut neck. After a few minutes, he noticed she was lost in the pleasure that often came with a bite and sunk in fangs in as well.


As he removed his fangs, from Buffy and started to seal the cut and his fang marks, he heard Angel entering the room. He got up and laid Buffy on the bed, before turning to his Grandsire and picking up the knife.


“I had a feeling she would do something like that, that is why I also brought some orange juice, and iron pills.” Angel told him as he went to the kitchen and put the blood and other stuff in the fridge and the pills on the counter.


Following him in with the knife so he could wash it, Spike said, “What the great Angelus isn’t going to be mad at me for drinking from his girl?”


“I have a feeling if it was anything like when she used her blood to feed me that she would have forced you if she had too.” Angel told him as he made his way back into the living room bedroom area of the small apartment.


“You knew she would do that and you still chose to leave her with me?” He asked in amazement as he followed Angel over to where Buffy was lying on the bed.


“She’s Buffy, if I told her she had to go with her friends when she wanted to be with you, she would have still done what she wanted, She had to beat me in order to get me to feed from her, once she got the demon out, it almost killed her. But what I saw at Giles’s today, your demon doesn’t want to kill her or you would not have calmed when she told you too.” Angel pointed out the facts to Spike.

“Dru said she was all around me, that I am in love with the Slayer,” Spike told him with a snort.


“I would not knock it, if Dru said it; Buffy and you will end up together, and she will love you with her whole heart.”


Raising an eyebrow to Angel before he answered, with a “Yeah right, after what you put her through I would not exactly say that.”


“Okay I will admit Angelus changed her,” Angel told him, before he turned and walked to the door, before he opened it he said, “Just don’t hurt her.”


“As if I could.” Spike said with a small laugh.


Speaking loud enough so Spike could only hear, “She doesn’t know it yet, but she is not entirely human, think, what makes up a Slayer.” Then he left the apartment.


In as slight state of shock, to what Angel just said Spike moved back over to the chair he was sitting in earlier and started to think, about everything said and done, in the last few hours.