Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for all your reviews, and to spikes mrs for editting this. Also I would like to point out with the holidays it might be mid January before I can update my fics again. Sorry to anyone in advance. Again I don't own them just like to play with them.
Should I be Thankful for…?


Chapter 3


As Giles and the others, ran up to Willow, Angel calmly said to them, “I better go and get Spike; if I know him at all he will be out of him mind by now.”


“Yes I do believe it would be best if we are all together, now.” Giles told Angel as he and Xander helped carry her to the couch.


“I won’t be to long. We might want to call my crew too.” Angel suggested as he walked to where there was a covered sewer entrance.


Seeing him jump down into the sewer entrance, Giles said, “Well I can certainly see now why he picked this place when he was Angelus.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


10 Minutes later he was banging on the apartment door to his old apartment.


“I coming Peaches don’t get your silk knickers in a twist.” Spike called out as he went to open the door.


“Spike” Angel said through the door as it was opened.


“Come in.” Spike said as he moved aside to let Angel into the apartment.


As Angel sat down in the chair, he let Spike see his face for the first time and the worry for Buffy that it contained.


Looking at Angels face, Spike said one word, “Buffy.”


“Yes Willow just got back, it seems somehow Buffy was taken from class today. I don’t know much because she passed out again after she told us Buffy had been taken. We believe it would be best for us all to be together right now and I also called my team to come up from LA.” Angel told him as he rested his head in his hands.


“I knew she shouldn’t have gone,” Spike said as he grabbed his coat and stuffed his and Buffy’s belongings in a bag. Putting on his coat he said to Angel, “Right then lets go.” Then started to walk towards the door.


_____________________________________________________________________________________

The next morning in the under ground caves of the Initiative, Buffy woke up to her body throbbing in pain all over the place.


As she sat up on the bed, a voice was heard over the speaker in her room. “Welcome, Buffy it is good to see you are finally awake.”


Looking around the room, she recognized Maggie Walsh’s voice but could not find her. Buffy then asked in a very pained tone, “What do you want with me?”


“Why research of course, we always believed the Slayer to be a myth, and now we find out that it is true and she is harbouring a known Hostile.” Maggie told her honestly.


“Spike is not yours, he is mine. Mine to do as I please with and mine to kill.” Buffy called out with all the possessiveness in her voice.


Chuckling before answering, Maggie said, “Well that is were you are wrong Ms. Summer, I happen to own you both.”


“And just what do you want with me, the Council will not take lightly to having their Slayer kidnapped. What will the College; say when, my Watcher informs them of the corrupt organization going around under their school ground.”


“You think you and some group of children can beat me?” Maggie questioned before she laughed at Buffy.


“I know we can, you are forgetting who you are talking to or you just don’t know who you are talking too.” Buffy informed her while in her head she was saying ’don’t taunt the evil women.’


“You can’t threaten me, just so you know my men are coming for you, don’t try anything funny.” Maggie informed her.


“As if I, would ever take orders from you!” Buffy retorted back over the speaker.


_____________________________________________________________________________________


Back at Angel’s Mansion, the same morning as Buffy woke at the Initiative.


After hearing a knock at the door, Giles got up and answered it. “Come in Angel and Spike are resting right now.” Then he moved a side to let the AI crew in.


“Spike” Cordelia squeaked out.

“Yes but he is not the same Vampire he was a month ago. I think it might be best to allow Angel to explain everything to you.” Giles informed them as he followed them into the living room. As he went to sit on one of the chairs he said to Doyle, “I am sorry I do not believe we have met before. My name is Rupert Giles I am Buffy’s Watcher.”


“Francis Doyle, but you can call me Doyle; I work for the powers that be.” He told Giles just as Angel walked in the room.


“Willow and Anya have gone in to sit with Spike, he is doing a little better, but we better get her soon.” Angel told Giles before he noticed Cordelia and Doyle. “Hey Guys I guess you are wondering why you are here.”


“It has crossed my mind, why you came to Sunnydale then never returned, did you call to say that we are going to be working from Sunnydale because you got back together with Buffy.” Cordelia ragged on Angel.


“It is nothing like that, Buffy and Spike are in danger, currently a government group has Buffy and they had Spike but he managed to escape, but not before they put a chip in his brain causing him harm if he hurts a living thing.” Angel explained to this staff as Xander walked into the room.


“Wow that must be hard because, that would also mean not hurting plants, trees or anything else that we might walk upon daily.” Xander said as he sat down beside Giles.


“Well let’s hope it is not that bad, or he might essentially be stuck in doors.” Giles explained to the group, also thinking about how bad Spike would take it if he could never go outside.


“I see your pain big guy.” Xander said to Giles.


“Please don’t call me that, that is actually worst then what you normally call me.”


“So can we get to planning how we are going to get Buffy out of that place so we can head back to LA?” Cordelia asked.


“I believe we need to know more about the place and that will just have to wait till Spike wakes up again.”


_____________________________________________________________________________________


A couple minutes later, Anya came out of the bedroom and said, “Spike is awake and he is asking for blood, should I get it for him, or tell him no?”


“I’ll get him the blood, because we will need him soon to help with the rescue planning.” Angel said as he got up from his seat on a couch and noticed that Doyle was in a trance like state.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


5 Minutes after he answered the call from the Powers that be, he turned to the group assembled in the living room of the mansion and said, “The Powers that be, have a protection spell that they have put on Buffy, so no one can harm her.” Then he decided to tell them the last part. “It has been in place for a few years now, once she killed the Master she also became something else to them and they are protecting her until she can fully take on that roll.”