Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey everyone! It's been a while and i'm a bit rusty, so please bare with me while I get back into the swing of things. Please review, I'd love to know what you all think!!! Thank you!!

Disclaimer:I own nothing!!! Lyrics belong to Nickelback
“No way, uh huh, nope! How many more words for no do you want?”

“Buffy. You don't have a choice! You wanted this career and sometimes we have to do things that we don't want to do. And this is one of them.” Willow replied, resolve face firmly in place.

“But it's Spike Giles! You want me to sing with Fangs. It won't work Wills, I'll end up killing him. Or it'll kill me. And most likely on stage. I just can't do it” Buffy looked up to meet Willow's eyes.

Willow gasped when she saw the pain her best friend had been hiding.

“You still love him!” Willow exclaimed

“WHAT? I do not. I got over Spike along time ago Wills. He wanted bigger and better things than me. And I've dealt with that”

“Well if that's true Buff, what better way to show you're over him? He doesn't know how big you are now. We haven't seen him in years. So what's the worst that could happen?”

“He finds out about Adelaide” Buffy answered with tears in her eyes.

“Well then, Adelaide won't come. We need to do this Buffy. It's a lot of money we're being offered. You can do this, I know you can”

“Adelaide always comes to my shows and this time will be no different. You know what, fine. It's about time I faced Spike. It's been ten years. And it's time Adelaide knew her father”

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“Hey baby pack up, We're going on tour!” Buffy said, looking at her daughter.

“Where to this time mom?” Adelaide Summers-Giles asked

“London” Buffy replied.

“Does that mean.........?” The question was left half asked, but Buffy knew what words would finish it.

“I've been asked to perform some songs with him on his tour. Willow says I have to go. And there's no way I'm leaving you behind, so you're coming with”

The smile on Adelaide's face was enough to make the coming heartache worth it. As long as her baby was happy, then so was she.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

“ So here's how it's gonna work. The support band will go on first. Then Spike will do a few songs. He'll then take a break and the MC will introduce you and you'll sing 3 songs and then one with Spike. You can choose what you wanna sing.”

They had been on the plane for over three hours now and Buffy was already bored. Adelaide had managed to fall asleep but her and Willow were wide awake.

Buffy was now starting to panic. How was she gonna face Spike. Their last meeting hadn't gone too great. It was a week after Buffy had found out she was pregnant. She had gone round to Spike's to see him before he left for New York to make it big. Buffy had thought that if she told him about the baby, that it would make him stay. Or if not stay at least ask her to go with him. Or something other than what actually happened She never got that far.

Spike had done all the talking. He told her he loved her, but he wanted to chase his dreams and he couldn't do that stuck here. Buffy took that to mean that she was holding him back and that if he felt that, then there was no point to their relationship. So she smiled, wished him luck and walked away.

Buffy was 18 and and he was 21. Spike had been her first everything. Boyfriend, kiss, lover etc. And first and last heartbreak. But what he didn't know was that he'd given her something special. He'd given her Adelaide.

Buffy hadn't seen him since. She had a few pictures of him, but most of those were now Adelaide's. But then 5 years ago, he'd made it big. And his face was every where. Buffy was happy for him, she really was. She'd known how important music was to him, cause it was the same for her. But because of the baby, her career had to go on hold. And now, now it was her turn.


////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Their flight landed in Heathrow at 11am. Buffy was hounded as soon as she made it through immigration. Camera's flashed everywhere she looked and questions were flung at her from every direction. Finally security arrived and whisked the girls away.

“Oh my god!” Buffy exclaimed. “This never gets any easier”

“The joy of being famous mom” Adelaide replied. She got herself seated in the limo next to her mom with Willow sitting opposite her. Adelaide started playing with the radio, trying to find a station.

“..........so yeah, I'm really looking forward to this tour. They won't tell me who the guest is, but I know we'll be doing a duet. So I guess it's a female artist. But I could be wrong!”

Buffy had sat up straight as soon as she heard his voice. Adelaide looked at her mother in apprehension. Please don't make me turn it off, she thought.

“So the theme with this tour is that I'm going right back to the beginning. I've been writing my auto-biography, so I've been digging into my past and a lot of old memories and feelings have resurfaced.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well I don't wanna say too much, but there was a girl. Doesn't that say it all?”

No not really, Buffy thought. You need to be a bit more specific!

“She was my everything. And I messed it up. But anyway, so yeah I'm gonna do some songs that have never been heard before. They were written before I got signed. And now's the right time to do 'em. There's also a few new one's I've been working on.”

“You're a very honest bloke, Spike. Especially on a live radio station. So, these old but new songs, you gonna perform one now for us?”

“Yeah I am. Just to give you a little taste!”

“I'm sure you're gonna have a great time, Spike. So, singing live in the studio, is Spike Giles!”

“Thanks Chris 1...2...3...4...”

Look at this photograph
Every time I do, it makes me laugh
How did our eyes get so red
And what the hell is on Joey's head

When Buffy heard his voice, singing with just a guitar, her mind sent her back to all the times he used to sing to her. Stuff he'd written or what was in the charts at the time, whatever his fingers wanted to play.

This is where I grew up
I think the present owner fixed it up
I never knew we'd ever went without
The second floor is hard for sneaking out
And this is where I went to school
Most of the time had better things to do
Criminal record says I broke in twice
I must have done it half a dozen times

Adelaide listened to her fathers voice. It was a song she hadn't heard before. Her mom had told her all about him last year. The story came out when her friends at school kept asking if she was related to Spike Giles as she looked so much like him. When she'd asked her mom, Buffy told her everything she could. Buffy went overboard on explaining that Spike hadn't abandoned her as he didn't know about her.

I wonder if it's too late
Should I go back and try to graduate
Life's better now than it was back then
If I was them, I wouldn't let me in

Every memory of looking out the back door
I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor
It's hard to say it, time to say it
Goodbye, goodbye
Every memory of walking out the front door
I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for
It's hard to say it, time to say it
Goodbye, goodbye

Spike had been one of Willow's best friends. And when he and Buffy had first got together, she was so happy. They were perfect for each other. And the best bit was, they could understand each other's passion for music. When Buffy had told her that Spike had left, she could hardly believe it. He'd left without saying goodbye to anyone.

Remember the old arcade
Blew every dollar that we ever made
The cops hated us hanging out
They say somebody went and burned it down

We used to listen to the radio
And sing along with every song we know
We said someday we'd find out how it feels
To sing to more than just the steering wheel

Kim's the first girl I kissed
I was so nervous that I nearly missed
She's had a couple of kids since then
I haven't seen her since god knows when

The limo arrived at The London Hilton and pulled up to the doors. The driver came round and opened the door, but no one moved.

Every memory of looking out the back door
I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor
It's hard to say it, Time to say it
Goodbye, goodbye
Every memory of walking out the front door
I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for
It's hard to say it, Time to say it
Goodbye, goodbye

I miss that town, I miss the faces
You can't erase, You can't replace it
I miss it now, I can't believe it
So hard to stay, Too hard to leave it

If I could relive those days
I know the one thing that would never change

The driver pushed the door over and went to the back of the car to remove the bags.

Every memory of looking out the back door
I had the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor
It's hard to say it, Time to say it
Goodbye, goodbye
Every memory of walking out the front door
I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for
It's hard to say it time to say
Goodbye, goodbye

Look at this photograph
Every time I do it makes me laugh
Every time I do it makes me........

Buffy and Willow climbed out the car, both with tears in their eyes. Adelaide followed but with a smile on her face and a plan in her mind...................................