Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the response to the last chapter, I'm happy that you don't seem to think I'm moving on too fast. Next update in a few days.
Chapter 4

Buffy was curled up against him, her hand tracing circles on his chest. He could smell the salt of her tears but didn’t question it.

After long minutes in silence until she broke away a little. He turned to her and slowly she leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to his lips.

“I love you.”

He’d thought the words would stun him. Spin him off the ground. Send him to his knees. Anything. But he just smiled and pulled her closer.

“Love you too, sweetheart.”

The surprise on her face made him raise his eyebrows.

“What?” he asked “You were expecting another retort?”

“Well... yes.” She glanced down. “You... before you... the other you I mean...”

“Is not here now.” He tipped her chin up again. “Just as the younger you isn’t here, I can feel you loving me in every touch.”

The happy smile that spread over her lips dissolved just as quick and he could almost taste her panic.

“Do you still love me?” she said “This me, I mean. You still love me, right?”

“Course. You’re still Buffy, just a little more alive, a little more light in your eyes.”

Then he simply couldn’t keep himself from asking anymore.

“So, luv.” He said “How do I die?”

Her whole body tensed against him and she tried to writhe away. He refused to let her go. It didn’t take long for her to give up and she buried her face in his chest. Something damp against his skin, then there was nothing for seconds.

“Sorry.” He murmured. “Buffy, I didn’t...”

She cut him off.

“No, Spike.” She smiled weakly. “And yes, you’ve died in my time. I’m sorry, but I can’t...”

Suddenly she sat up, turning her wide eyes at him.

“We’ve already changed the future.” She whispered “The other me... she would never do this, or, well, never like this.”

”You just figured that out now?”

She ignored him.

“If we’ve already changed it... Who would do this, Spike?”

“Send you back, you mean.”

“Yeah.”

For the first time he actually thought about it. Why would anyone wan’t to send a Slayer back in time? The answer came to him immediately.

“I guess the future is without a Slayer now.” Spike said “That’s reason enough.”

But Buffy shook her head slowly. “No, it isn’t.”

Confused he looked at her, but she glanced away and he remembered. Couldn’t say anything. Right. He sat up and leaned against the headboard, watching as she hugged her knees to her chest.

“Well...” he thought out loud. “Red has been in to magic quite a time now, bringing you back and all, maybe she did it.”

She listened to him closely, her eyes following his every move. She loved him. Buffy loved him.

“She has changed, Spike. The Willow in my time line wouldn’t do that.”

Then she sighed, let go off her knees and moved so she was resting her head on his shoulder. His arm went around her automatically and he pressed a kiss against her hair.

“Let’s just leave it be.” She whispered “For now. Lets just just leave it be.”

Spike pulled her closer. In a way this Buffy almost seemed more vulnerable then the other, because this wan’t desperate to hide any kind of weakness. But maybe that was just because she loved him. Spike didn’t know and he didn’t really care.

Gently she reached up to touch his cheek and then lifted her head to kiss him. As she pulled back he saw the bite mark he’d placed on her throat. An strange mix of fear and excitement came over him and he reached up to caress the mark.

“What about this, luv?”

“I accepted, so I guess it won’t disappear.” she said, a smile playing on her lips.

He stiffened. “I claimed you.”

“Eh... yes.”

“I made you mine, if you’d completed it you would’ve become immortal.”

“Spike, I know what a claim is!”

Her gaze was steady as it met his.

“Listen,” she said “I would’ve completed it if I was sure that it wouldn’t affect the future.”

She would’ve completed it. Buffy wanted him forever. Spike swallowed.

“You...”

“I want you, Spike. Forever and ever... just because younger me is stupid that dosen’t mean... You’re it for me, you’ve been it for a long time.”

The smell of tears reached him again, but this time he wasn’t completely sure it it was hers or his own. It didn’t matter. Next second he’d her pressed against the mattress again, laving the mark with long licks. She shivered and arched against him, the scent of her arousal perfuming the air.

“Need you...” he said hoarsely against her skin.

She nodded hard, dragging his mouth down to hers.



It was strange how normal it felt to step inside the Magic box with her on his side. The fact that she was laughing was actually more disturbing. He couldn’t remember hearing that sound for... well, never around him. And absolutely not because off his comment. Still, here they were. Buffy’s hand in his, a small smile still playing on her lips as she greeted her friends.

“So” Harris said “Happy to see that you finally decided to join us.”

The Slayer just sighed and rolled her eyes.

“Come on, guys.” She said “We were only gone for a couple of hours.”

“Yeah.” Xander muttered “And I don’t even want to think about what you’ve been doing.”

Spike let go off Buffy’s hand and went over to prop himself up on the counter. For a second it seemed that she would follow him, but then she sighed and looked at her friends.

“Look,” she said “I know that you don’t approve to the me and Spike, but – ”

“No, Buffy we sure as hell dosen’t...” Xander’s mouth was going again and Spike fought the temptation to go over and smack the boy in the head.

Buffy closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Her eyes met his for a second. The irritation he could read there made him smirk at her and she smiled and shook her head.

“Maybe we should all just go home.” She said then. “We’ll continue tomorrow.”

There were no protests and the group stood as the Slayer went over to wake her sister, who’d fallen asleep with her cheek resting against a book. A tender look fell over her face when the younger girl slowly sat up and stretched.

The two witches were standing a bit from each other, Willow longingly looking at Tara and the latter with the gaze turned away. The redhead took a step forward, but then she pressed her lips together and backed away again. Spike watched them. He knew there were trouble in paradise, every right to be too. Suddenly Willow began to walk to the door.

“I’ll see you later.” The girl called, just as she put her hand on the door handle Buffy’s voice broke through the air.

“I hope you’re not going to Rack, Willow.” She said “Cause that only leads to badness.”

Rack? Spike’s eyes widened. Then he recalled that Buffy had mentioned him in the morning to. The witch didn’t answer, just pushed the door open and walked out.


After wards he wouldn’t be completely sure how they ended up making out like teenagers on her couch. He was aware that they’d left his crypt, even though he attempted to pull her back into bed more than on time. She’d just chuckled and called him a ‘bad boy’, and then flushed a little when he tapped his nose and drawled over how much she liked it. Not for a second had she denied it. But she had still gotten up. Then forced him to do the same. Next they’d been at the Magic box with her friends, yeah, he had a clear memory of that. And after that... Dawn. Dawn who squealed and was so happy for them, or more likely over the fact that they was a couple. Then she had made him choke on his blood when she told them to go with the “wild monkey love” but “try not to be to loud” before she went to bed. Buffy’d just laughed, again, and said goodnight.
Now they were here. She straddling his lap and soft lips glued to his. And yesterday a younger version of her had called him an evil, disgusting thing. The pieces had yet to be put in place but hell if he cared. She was here, that was what mattered.

“Spike...”

“Mmm?”

“Lets go... my... room...”

Next they were flying upstairs.



He pulled her close when she moved of him and kissed her forehead. She smiled.

“Love you.” She said.

“I love you too, kitten.”

“’Kitten’, I like that.” She mumbled, then she blinked and lifted her head to look at him. “Are you purring?”

He realized that he was. There were no chance to deny the deep rumblings that vibrated through his chest. He just gave her a small grin, even though the sound dropped a bit.

“Guess I am.” Spike said.

“Huh?”

“’m happy.”

When she stiffened in his arms he thought for a second that he’d shoved his foot completely into his mouth. The vibrations stopped abruptly, but before he could say something she pressed a finger against his lips.

“Me too” She kissed him softly before laying back down.

It wasn’t until her heart began to slow, signaling that she was on the edge to falling asleep, that he got it. She had obviously been in a relationship with him before, still she was surprised when he purred.

Then Buffy fell asleep and everything around him went black.

TBC