Author's Chapter Notes:
You guys are just great! Thank you so much for the response to the last chapter, you made my day.
Chapter 6

Something in him had known she was on her way.

The pain eased as the day wore on and if the demon hadn’t kept on crying he would’ve thought he’d just imagined the whole thing after all. Now Spike couldn’t stop pacing. His thoughts were with her, as always, and she was coming for him. He didn’t know how he knew. Hell, he didn’t know what to think. He just knew that his hangover was forgotten, the hunger wasn’t letting itself known, and all he could concentrate on was her presence in his mind. Never before had he hated the sun so much.

He smelled her before she knocked; vanilla, power and... fear? Yes, a trace that was unmistakably fear. He was already reaching for the door handle when the knocking was heard.

A second later their gazes clashed.

Love, anger, happiness and fear rushed through him and after a moment he realized that it was her feelings. He was just... numb.

Then Buffy stepped forward, coming so close that he could feel her body’s warmth. Slowly she raised a hand. His first thought was that she’d hit him. Instead she wrapped her arms around him; her small body melting against his and her warm breath against his neck. Immediately he pulled her flush against him and his mouth was drawn to her throat. The mark his lips found didn’t surprise him. She shuddered as he kissed it and he held her tighter.

The control was slipping and he couldn’t bring himself to care. Three words came to his mind; Want. Take. Have.

Roughly Spike pulled her inside the apartment and kicked the door closed, a second later she was pressed up against it. She pulled at his clothes, trying to show the duster off his shoulders, but when he refused to let her go she gave up and settled for prying his jeans open. His mouth fastened over the bite mark on her neck as she pulled his zipper down and then focused her attention on her own pants. But she was too slow. Want. Take. Have. He ripped the jeans off her along with the underwear.

He heard himself murmur the word “mate” as she jumped up and wrapped her legs around his waist. Their moves was so desperate, she so slick with need, that it took long seconds before he was finally positioned at her entrance and could thrust into her. He didn’t know who of them it was that moaned and who that gasped.

She stared down at him as he began to move within her. The pace he set was fast, craving, and she answered. A whimper tore through her throat and she pressed herself against him, as if he could come any closer. And Christ, she was so warm. Last night couldn’t compare with this; Her pussy clenching him with every thrust, her body against his, and god, the smell of her; of her arousal, of her want of him.

The tears came suddenly, streaming down her cheeks. The sight broke through the need and scared him to death.

No no no no not again I didn’t Buffy

But then her lips was upon his, her tongue stroking his, calming him. It wasn’t until he tasted blood that he realized he’d vamped out. She didn’t seem to notice, or she just didn’t care, just kept kissing until she finally pulled away, gasping for air.

“I love you.”

Her words crushed something inside him. Next second he pressed her even harder against the wall, his thrusts gaining momentum.

“Buffy, Buffy, Buffy” He murmured “Mine. Mine mine mine mine mine...”

His lips skated over her throat and she leaned her head to the side. He took that as permission and let his fangs sink into her soft flesh. Then her blood flowed into his mouth and the world turned into bliss.


When he came back to himself he laid on the floor. Buffy was on top of him, still unconscious. Slowly he stroked her hair and listened to her rhythmical heartbeat. After a few moments she lifted her head and gazed down at him.

“Hey” she murmured, pressing a soft kiss against his the corner of his lips. He smiled for a second, then frowned.

“I didn’t hurt you, right?” he asked. “I got carried away... I.... I bit –”

“You didn’t hurt me” she said, touching the still sligthly oozing mark. “I’m... it felt like, like I needed that.”

“It’s the claim. I guess that’s what put us in such a hurry too.”

“Right... we should probably... talk about that and... other stuff.”

She got off him, his hardening cock slipping out from her. She reached for her discarded jeans, eyed them for a second and then turned back to him.

“Er... you don’t have something I can loan?”

Spike smirked and raked his eyes over her body.

“I like the way you look now.”

Still he stood up, buttoning his own jeans and then walking over to the drawer, throwing an other pair to her. Resting his hands on top of the drawer he had to recall that they actually hadn’t seen each other yesterday, strange how easy it felt to fall back to old habits.

***


“Thanks.” She said as she pulled them on. It was typical black Spike-jeans that was a lot more formfitting on him than her, but at least she didn’t have to go around half naked. Slowly she looked up at him. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets, giving her a small grin as she met his gaze.

“Hell of hello, huh?” he said, his eyes flickering.

Buffy couldn’t help it, she began to laugh. He soon joined in and she took a step forward to wrap her arms around his neck. Still giggling she pressed a kiss against his collarbone.

“I missed you.” She whispered, tears clouding her throat, tears she refused to give away. She’d cried enough for a lifetime.

“Missed you too, luv.”

She pulled back a beat so she could see his face. “Then why didn’t you come for me?”

He sighed and took a step back, leading her over to a worn coach. Both pulled away a bit from each other, leaving some room between them. Buffy couldn’t help but look at the inches as miles. It was necessary, she reminded herself. They both craved answers, hell, they probably shouldn’t have begun with sex. Still it had felt unavoidable the second she saw him, the second he saw her; the edge of pain that had refused to go away turning into desire.

For a second she was a afraid that it was going to be an uncomfortable silence, but then Spike took a deep breath and turned to her. He opened his mouth, then closed it again. When a minute passed by without him saying anything Buffy swallowed hard, remembering Giles words.

“You don’t love me anymore.”

Spike’s eyes widened.

“You.... you think that... You stupid chit. I’m never gonna stop loving you. Never.”

“So why didn’t you come for me?” Her tone was harder now, almost cold.

Spike sighed and leaned back on the coach. “At first I couldn’t go anywhere.”

“What?”

“I was a ghost when I popped out of that amulet, but I guess you’ve heard that much.”

She shook her head.

“No? Alright, that’s how it went anyway.”

“But you became... solid?”

“As you can see.” He grinned a little. “After some crux, yeah. Anyway, then Angel... well, I figured I’d just let you live you’re life.”

“Angel?” she said, just looking at him for a second. “Oh. You decided to follow Angel’s lead; love them and leave them, ‘it’s for you’re own good, yadda, yadda, yadda.”

“I saw you with the bloody Immortal!”

“Hello?! Slayer here! Why the hell do you think I was with him?!”

Spike frowned. They were both panting now, glaring at each other.

“You mean...”

“That he’s a piece of dust now, yes.” Buffy said. “Please, the only person that guy ever spoke of was himself.”

“So you didn’t kiss him then? Shag him?”

“Okay, so there was some kissage.” Then she glared at him. “I don’t believe for a second that you’ve been living in celibate!”

He turned his head away at that. She took a step forward.

“Who?”

“Harmony” he muttered under his breath.

TBC

A/N: Sorry for ending the chapter so abruptly, but I'm working on the next chapter. New update soon.
Oh, and as you noticed I jumped on the "Buffy killed the immortal" - train. Spuffy 4-ever you know, no way she'd hooked up with that guy for any other reason than to stake him - at least not in this story.