Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you everyone who read it, and reviewed it! I was so surprised that you guys reviewed, and even more surprised you loved it. :]] It made me smile. I'm still nervous about writing a fic, but I'm going to still try. Hopefully you like it!
Buffy sat at the little booth with her best friends Willow Rosenberg, Willow's boyfriend Daniel Ozbourne, Xander Harris, and his girlfriend Anya Jenkins. Surrounded by happy couples, Buffy looked into her cup watching her drink slosh up against the sides of the cup. At the moment, it seemed to be better than what she was feeling.

“Buffy?” Xander snapped her out of looking at her cup. She looked up at him trying to figure out what the gang was talking about.

“What?”

“Boy. The art of playing with your cup seems like loads of fun.” Xander paused and then held up his index finger wagging it at the group. “Okay. No one make that in any way uncomfortable.”

Anya took it upon herself to explain more. "He means don’t think about the cup that covers a guys--.”

“We got it.” Willow interrupted and gave a friendly smile. Anya smiled as everyone couldn’t help but give a small smile back at her bluntness. It was strange at first, not being used to the bluntness but it’s what made her unique. They all grew to love it about her.

“Ooh!” Willow said excitedly. “Let’s dance! What do you say Buffy?” She still smiled looking at Buffy with hope. Willow hated seeing her friend moping, and wished she could take away the pain. In fact, it was Willow who suggest going to the Bronze so Buffy could get out, and not constantly have Angel weighing one her mind. Buffy was hesitant, but she still came when all she really wanted to do was sit at home in her Yummy Sushi pajamas, watch tragic romance movies, and eat cookie dough. “We could get our groove on and make that meanie-face jealous.” She continued referring to Angel.

“No thanks Will. You guys go on ahead.”

“You sure?” Oz asked her.

“I’m sure. You guys go. Just because I’m all No-Fun-Buffy, doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to have fun.” Buffy gave a small smile as all four got up to the dance floor. On the way the group noticed Angel dancing with Drusilla. They quickly crowded around them to block Angel and Dru, but the damage was done. ‘Yeah, great idea coming tonight.’ Buffy sat frozen, as the feeling of pain began to spread inside her more. Angel, with Dru, dancing in front of her. The thought kept running laps in her head. She couldn’t help the pang of jealousy that she felt watching them. It made Buffy sick, but she couldn’t turn her head away. The love of her life is dancing with Drusilla. ‘But wait.’, she thought, ‘Isn’t she with-’

“ ‘Ello pet.”

She squeezed her eyes shut. Maybe when she opened them, he’d be gone. All this would be all gone. It’d be back to when Angel and Buffy were sharing ice cream, and smiling at each other. Buffy opened her eyes to find Spike had sat down with her. “What the hell do you want?” She snapped.

“You don’t have ta’ be a bitch all the time.” Spike didn’t care. Well, not really anyways. He was never one to give up. He made a bold move, and slid a little closer to her.

“Stop giving me reason to be one then.” She countered.

“You know what your bleedin’ problem is Summers?” He asked her, not caring for a response. “Pain.” She looked down as Spike continued. “Yeah, I’m talking ‘bout Mr. Forehead over there with my girl. " Spike scoffed a little looking down into his cup, then back up at Buffy. "We broke up.” Buffy looked at him confused for a moment. “Caught him-” Spike pointed at Angel. “-with her.”

“We could get our groove on and make that meanie-face jealous.” Willow’s words rang through her head. Buffy’s eyes trailed up and down Spike. She watched him shift under her gaze.

“See somethin’ you like pet?” He raised his scarred eyebrow.

“Come on.” Buffy got up pulling him with her. She ignored all his questions and made it to the middle of the dance floor. As the slow beat began to play, Buffy turned her back to Spike and began to move her hips from side to side. She went slowly like the song. Buffy grabbed his hands and placed them on her hips, as she began to dip her knees bending slightly.

As soon as she stood back up Spike had pulled her flush against him. She ignored the wave of lust she felt up against his body and continued to dance. He bent his head down, and breathed in her vanilla scent. His soft lips just brushed up against her neck giving her goose bumps. Her lips parted slightly. Buffy swallowed her nervous jitters and walked around Spike sliding her hands down his thighs from behind him. She heard him groan and circled back in front of him.

Buffy looked up into his lust filled eyes, and smirked leaning up to his ear. “I ever thank you for dancing with me yet?” She said in low seductive tone. He couldn’t speak. All he knew was that he wanted her, and he wanted her now. As Spike went to reach for her, Buffy beat him to it and cupped his growing bulge. His eyes closed as he groaned softly. Buffy’s eyes looked at Angel’s as he still danced with Dru. She had his gaze and Angel was jealous. Buffy smirked proudly and whispered again in Spike’s ear. “Don’t you wish I would?”

And with that Buffy left Spike on the dance floor, and went out the back door to the alley. Both of them had no idea what had gotten into Buffy. She actually enjoyed dancing with Spike. ‘No. No Spike thoughts.’ Buffy mentally scolded herself and turned her attention to Angel again. She smiled at the memory of Angel’s face. It was amusing the way he couldn’t stop glaring at her and Spike.

Buffy walked out as the cool wind blew her hair gently off her shoulders. She pulled out her cell phone and let Willow know that she had left, and everything was fine. She tucked her phone back in her pocket and let out a groan as Spike said her name. Buffy turned and faced him waiting for him to continue. “We need to talk.” He said in a low tone.