Author's Chapter Notes:
I usually stick to human fiction when it come to spuffy but I just had to give this a try. It started off as pure smut but then it developed into more of a story with a plot and everything. As much as I love the writers of BtVS, I think they could’ve been a little nicer to our blond duo during season six.
Five Hours Straight

Author: blondiebear

Rating: NC-17

It wasn’t the fact that Buffy was walking in Restfield Cemetery in the middle of the night that had her shaken up. Hell, taking strolls in cemeteries was normal for her. The place was her like her second home. It was the fact that she was walking to her mortal enemy’s lair that had Buffy questioning her sanity. Spike was supposed to be everything that she was against. He was supposed to be the one thing in her life that would never change. He was evil and Buffy could always depend on him to do evil things. Then he went and fell in love with her and turned her world completely upside down. He protected her friends and nearly died for her and her sister. He even stayed in this God forsaken town when Buffy had been gone. That wasn’t the behavior of an evil, disgusting creature and as much as she wanted to stay in the land of denial, Buffy couldn’t pretend as if she hadn’t noticed how much he’d changed. More than that, she couldn’t pretend that she didn’t know the reason behind his changes.

It was her.

It was all for her.

Spike loved Buffy and a small part of her knew that it wasn’t just some sick obsession that he was confusing the feeling with. That small part of her was what had her coming back for more of his comfort. Being with him made things easier. Being with him made being alive bearable. She would never admit this to him but God only knows what she’d do if he hadn’t been around when she returned from the grave.

Buffy took a deep breath and made her way into Spike’s crypt. There was a small voice in her head saying she should just turn around and go home but her heart was saying something completely different.


“Spike?” she called softly as she walked further into the pitch black area. If it wasn’t for her heightened senses, she wouldn’t have been able to walk around the crypt without hurting herself. She didn’t see him anywhere near his pathetic excuse for a television but she knew that he was around. She could feel him. Once she reached the trap door that would lead to his bed room, she pulled it open and climbed down.

Buffy gasped when she saw the state that the lower part of the crypt was in. Every surface was covered with white and blood red candles. Spike had really fixed the place up since Buffy had been there last and she had to admit that it was pretty nice for a whole in the ground. She could see what he spent so much of his time down here. It was homey considering the fact that a vamp lived here. There were oriental rugs covering what use to be the dirty floors and the works of various pieces of old art reminded Buffy just how old Spike was. He was very cultured for a vamp.

However, the art and the rugs weren’t what drew her into his little of haven. It was the big master bed dead smack in the middle of the room. The black and red silk sheets that covered his bed looked so inviting that Buffy had to restrain herself from reaching out to run her hand over the fabric. She shuddered with pleasure when the images of what he did to her in the very same bed the last time she was here.

“Spike, are you here?” she repeated and jumped in aggravated surprise when she heard his voice from behind her. She turned around to face the man who’d been haunting her dreams since her “Day of Fun While Invisible” adventure a few weeks ago.

“Where else would I be, Slayer. It’s not like I have a life or anything,” he answered with a smug smile. Spike knew she’d be back sooner or later. It was only a matter of time before she realized that she couldn’t stay away from him for too long.

Buffy’s mind lost all sense and reason when she saw that he was shirtless. The flames from the candles danced along his Greek-like form in ways that made her mouth water. He was all man. The way his muscles twitched under his skin had Buffy itching to touch every inch of him. The cat-like grace of his movements had Buffy wishing that she had a camera. He stopped a few paces away from her, his form tensed as if he was ready to pounce on her any minute. The scary thing was that Buffy wouldn’t mind that scenario one bit.

“H-how are you?” Buffy asked lamely. She couldn’t be held responsible for how dumb she sounded when he looked like that. Spike tilted his head and gave her that knowing look. She hated when he looked at her like that. It was as if he could see into the very part of her that she tried so desperately to hide from him.

*Damn him!*

“Are we really gonna play this game, Buffy?” he asked quietly. His voice was serious but his eyes held a leer that she normally would have punched him for. Instead of giving into him, Buffy figured playing dumb was the best course of action.

*Maybe he’ll say something stupid to convince me that coming her was a mistake.*

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she returned. Spike raised his eyebrows in disbelief and waited for her to continue. “I was just making sure everything was okay. I haven’t seen you in a while.”

“Miss me, baby?” he smirked. Spike’s eyes roamed over her body like a lover’s caress. It burned her from the inside out and Spike could tell.

“You wish!” Buffy spat back. Her voice lacked the fire that she was initially going for though. Ignoring the knowing smirk on his face, Buffy continued. “I just wanted to make sure you weren’t doing anything evil.”

“You came here for a reason, kitten, and I doubt it was to see if I was being a good vamp,” he returned. Spike ignored the twinge of hurt from her inability to believe that he’d changed.

“Nothing about you is good, Spike.” Buffy knew that wasn’t true. He had done a lot of good. She was just being a bitch. He didn’t have to know that though. “A-and I didn’t come here for...that,” she finished lamely.

“Is that so? My nose tells me otherwise, pet.”

“You’re disgusting.”

“And yet you’re still here.”

“I’ll leave.”

“So leave.”

During this little exchange, the two blonds unconsciously moved closer to one another. Buffy’s breathing was the only thing that could be heard in the room. After a minute of tensed silence, Spike lifted his hand to her face and caressed her cheek. It surprised them both that Buffy didn’t flinch away from his touch.

“It’s pretty simple, pet,” he started quietly. “You want me and I want you. Say the word and we’ll both get what we want.”

“I shouldn’t....” Buffy trailed off with a contented sigh as Spike moved his hand to lightly rub the sweet spot on her neck.

“Why?” he asked, loving the look of pleasure on her face when he touched her. She didn’t realize just how open she could be with him if she let herself go.

“It’s wrong,” was her automatic response and before she could protest, the gentle touch was gone and Spike’s body was standing further away than she liked.

“Be seeing you slayer. Say hi to the bit for me.” Spike wasn’t going to play this game with her. Either she wanted him or she didn’t. She couldn’t continue to play with his emotions like this.

“You’re kicking me out? Again?!” Buffy exclaimed in disbelief and hurt.

“I told you once, Slayer. I want all of you and if you’re not willing to give me all of you then sod off. I’m not goin’ to be your dirty little secret any longer.”

“That’s not...” Buffy trailed off when she realized that he was right. Her dirty little secret was exactly what he was but what was she supposed to do? Her friends would freak if they knew just much she’d come to care about the blond menace.

Then again....

Why should she care what her friends thought? They tore her from the only peace she had ever known and just expected her to fall to her knees with gratitude. She was sick of them acting like she didn’t know how to make her own decisions about her life. She was an adult and could be with anyone she wanted to be with. With that thought in mind, Buffy made a decision that she hoped she would regret tomorrow morning.

“You’re absolutely right,” she said finally. “I have been treating you like my dirty little secret.”

Spike’s eyes nearly popped out of his head at her words. He never thought she’d actually admit it. What did that mean?

“I’m sorry.” Buffy couldn’t help but smile a little at the look of utter surprise on Spike’s face. It was nice to see the arrogant vampire speechless for once.

“What are you playing at, Summers?” Spike got over his shock long enough to get the words out. Was this some kind of joke? Buffy Summers would never apologize to him. Had she gone mad?

“I’m not playing, Spike. I’m apologizing. Don’t get use to it,” she teased lightly, moving closer to him.

Spike had no idea what she could be apologizing for but he knew better to look a gift horse in the mouth so he shrugged.

“Apology accepted,” he returned huskily, noticing that she was moving closer and closer to him. Instead of stopping in front of him though, she brushed past him and headed for his bed. Climbing on to the comfortable piece of furniture and sitting upon it Indian style, Buffy surprised him again.

“So, mind if I hang out here for a while?”

Bloody hell....

**

A/N Let me know if I should continue!