Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi guys! Now that I've found my first fic on a data cd again I've decided to continue it.
I'd already posted it when Spuffyfantasy was still in business but I've never gotten the chance to finish it.
Concerning the story itself, don't expect a storyline that is exactly like the movie.
"This will be so great," Cordelia Summers sighed happily, busily fixing her hair and all the while talking with her mother in the front seat.

"You know this is not a spa or something like that, Cordy darling?" Rupert Giles asked his oldest daughter from the drivers seat, slightly concerned that she could misinterpret their holiday resort for a beauty farm.

"But daddy, you promised me."

"Yes, sweetheart, I know, your skin condition and so on. But remember, this is a family trip. So, please try to at least."

It was one thing to talk to your daughter, who only knows the newest facts in Cosmopolitan and which dresses match the color of your eyes, but bonding time with the family, that's... Let's call it difficult.

"I'm sure, honey we'll have a great time at 'The Silvers'," his wife reassured him, patting his hand lovingly.

"Whatever you say, my love." He sent a warm smile her way, that made Joyce Summers happily close her eyes for a moment.

She and Rupert Giles Summers have been married for more than twenty years now and still there was a feeling of pure love and satisfaction between them.

Yeah, she was indeed a lucky woman. Having a beautiful home, a gorgeous husband (which is in the eye of the beholder, of course) and two loving daughters.


"Yeah I think it will be really great!" an annoyed voice called from the backseat.


Right...very happy, the older woman thought inwardly.


"We discussed this a hundred times, Buffy," the older woman sighed and asked herself, why her youngest daughter could be so stubborn sometimes.

"Yeah, whatever," the petite, seventeen- year-old girl declared, clearly more than unhappy with this situation. Well, who wouldn't be when your parents had destroyed all her plans of dating the hottest guy in L.A. And to top it off, they'd decided to stay at 'The Silvers', a really great place… for old people.

"Actually, I would be happier without you, too." Cordelia said, interrupting her sister's thoughts.

"Right, like you would notice others things beside your complexion", Buffy glared at her and choose to ignore the deadly look, Cordelia was sending her way.

"Girls," Mr. Summers attempted to clear the air, like he used to do more than 10 times a day.

"Don't waste your time with arguing. I'm sure everything will be fine. There are plenty of things you two can do… separate things of course."

"Like what?" Buffy asked immediately. "Croquet and bingo? Very exciting, dad."

Mr. Summers sighed, defeated.

How could they survive four weeks with constant whining: "I don't like this" and "I don't want to do that" from a pissed-off teenager… and let's not forget "Oh, mom! I should have brought more than fifty dresses. Now, I have nothing to wear!" from a fashion-crazed girl.

"You know, Buffy, dear, it's been ten years since we were there the last time. And Wesley told me that plenty of things have changed," he tried to lighten the mood.
Actually he seemed to be the only one who was really looking forward to this trip. Beside his beloved wife, of course.

However, his children didn't share his opinion, even though it was their first real holiday in seven years (besides a camping-trip disaster, which ended with a whining Cordy and a mud-covered Buffy).
Well, he could only hope for a peaceful time..


"I just hope that they renovated some of those cabins. You know I can't live without comfort, daddy. And I've still got the memory of those terrible mosquitoes in my mind," the brown-haired girl stated plainly, not looking up from her magazine.

"If you paid attention to something besides 'Vogue' for once, perhaps you'd have a clue about what has been changed there," came a stern reply from the front seat.
"And you can take dance and art classes, or play sports... I'm sure you'll find something that suits you," Mr. Summers suggested, watching out for the upcoming billboard.

"Sports?!" Cordelia screamed indignantly. "I can't play sports! I might break a nail!"

At this well known 'outburst' Buffy just rolled her eyes.
It was so typical Cordelia that she often wondered why her sister even left the house.
A simple breeze could ruin her hair and therefore her whole day…so she proclaimed at least.

"And that would be such a tragedy," she chose to simply comment it, ignoring her sister's rambling about a good manicure.

Honestly, the blonde hoped that there would be something that she could do without making a fool of herself. At least, that would be something new.
Instantly memories of a broken leg due to a water-skiing accident and several other sports-related injuries from playing ice hockey and riding horseback flashed through her mind, causing a flare-up of her migraine.

Yeah.
Buffy was an accident waiting to happen.

"Like you're so talented, little Miss Dancing Queen," Cordelia stated after ending her newest speech about the importance of good nails.

"Cordelia, please." Mrs. Summer now spoke up, soothing her temples.

"No, mum. She started it. And besides, little Miss Sunshine here can surely entertain a crowd with her great moves, don't ya Buff?"
Cordelia flipped her long hair back and smiled sweetly at her sister, who just stared at her blankly.

"I don't know what you are talking about," she finally said, shrugging.

"Oh, come on Buff. We all know your little secret. Did you think I wouldn't know about the books?
'How to Learn to Dance' or 'Ten Steps to Becoming a Dancing Queen'," Cordelia giggled, obviously amused by her sister's little "problem".

"Cordelia , sweetheart , please...," her mother tried again, knowing that this was a sensitive topic for Buffy.

" Well, don't you wanna see Buffy bust a move, mum? Maybe they even got a talent show there and our little dancing star could win us a gardenia. Didn't you want to buy a new one for our backyard anyway?"
The brown haired girl leaned slightly forward and tried to catch the eye of her mother, who was clearly not amused.

"Don't listen to your sister, sweetheart," Joyce smiled lovingly at Buffy instead, who still remained silent and shot glares at Cordelia.

"Yeah, so? At least I try to learn something," she finally spit out, before crossing her arms over her chest.

"Right, as if it was so hard to dance. Here's the thing, dear sister, even a household appliance can move more gracefully than you," Cordelia replied spiteful.

"Oh you little....," Buffy made an attempt to reach for the brown-eyed girl, who instantly began screaming.

"Stop that!" Rupert Summers yelled above Cordelia's annoying shriek due to Buffy's fingers in her long hair.

"I can't take anymore. You two will get along. Do you understand?"

If only he could clean his glasses, an old habit when his nerves were on edge. But at least one Summers member had to keep his eyes on the road.

In the backseat however, both girls instantly fell silent. But the glaring competition didn't stop,even though her father also gave them a sharp glance through the rear mirror.

"Perhaps," Mrs Summer tried to change the mood in a better direction, "both of you could learn something new this summer. I read that they've got excellent teachers there." She slightly turned in her seat to take a better look at her daughters, who just looked at her like she had suddenly grown two heads.

"Do you expect me to take a tennis course, with a bald, tubby man, who will surely be leering at me all the time?," Cordelia exclaimed horrified, not wanting to think about this option any further.

"Don't be ridiculous, honey," Joyce smiled. "The teachers are all in your age."

"Oh really." Cordelia suddenly gave herself more than interested even forgetting her current magazine for a moment. "Maybe there are some hotties on the staff," she cooed, her outlook on the summer having abruptly changed for the better. "That would totally be a bonus."

Mrs. Summers watched her oldest daughter in amusement, while Buffy continued to act sullenly, looking out the window.

"What about you Buffy? Don't you like the thought of other kids your age around?"

"Doesn't matter," she simply stated, ignoring the way Cordelia raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow.

"Still hanging on your dreams about Parker Abrams?," she simply asked in a flat voice. "Like he would even consider a conversation with you, my dearest sister. But hey, maybe you can find some looser who suits ya over at 'Silvers'." She patted Buffys arm in a reassuring manner who immediately snatched it away like it had been burnt.

"Why don't you just fix your make up Cordy? You're in such a need of it," Buffy tried to cover her hurt about her sisters words, deep down knowing that they might be true.

Great guys probably would never go for someone like her.
So why should she expect anything of this holiday?

Having the time of her life?

Meeting the greatest love of all?

Yeah.

Right.

Like hell she would.

But just when she was about to close her eyes for a minute, most of all to forget the upcoming holiday for a minute, her fathers voice broke through the silence.

"My dears, we're finally here," Rupert Summers proclaimed happily, letting a broad smile appear on his face.

"Welcome to the time of my life", Buffy simply thought ironically, before they passed the billboard of the 'Silvers Mountain Lodge'..