Author's Chapter Notes:
Due to real life issues I wasn't able to update earlier.
Hope you're still with me :)
Feedback is really appreciated.
Thank you all so much for your reviews!!
“Crap, we’ve lost him,” Cordelia sighed frustrated, looking out for her father.

Her sister, after almost crashing into the tall girl, ran a hand through her long hair.
“I have a feeling it’ll take us awhile to find him again,” she replied, glancing at the hall, which was bustling with activity.

People were running everywhere…

Men in business suits, women in elegant dresses and crying children who searched for their mothers.

Welcome to the holidays ...

“Yeah, you’re a genius, “ the older girl snarled, rubbing her ankle. Her feet hurt like hell and all this noise was getting on her nerves.

Not to mention that there’s not a bathroom anywhere around…

Buffy rolled her eyes at Cordelia, mumbling something that sounded like “bitchy, PMS-ridden ho” before she directed her attention towards her sister again.

“Maybe the receptionist can help us out,” she suggested, her gaze already having landed on the information desk.

I really hope so. One more hour with my sister from hell and I’ll die, her mind screamed.

Meanwhile, the other Summers girl had already flopped into a free armchair and began to take off her shoes, not caring about the passers - by.

“What are you doing now?” Buffy glared irritated at the sight of a relaxed Cordelia.

“My feet hurt,” The brunette informed her sister simply, stretching her long legs.

“Serves you right for wearing black stilettos, ” Buffy replied, pointing at the shoes in question.

“Listen, Buffy. If Naomi Campbell can wear them, I can wear them. Got it?”

The petite blonde just rolled her eyes, refusing to dignify her sister’s haughtiness with a response.

Cordelia however smiled proudly, remembering the jealous looks of the girls back in L.A.
Nobody could surpass Cordelia Summers, especially when it came to fashion.

“Well, now that these important news have so enlightened my fashion horizon, I’d suggest we continue to look for mom and dad,” the blonde girl stated unaffected.

“I can’t walk around barefoot,” the other girl protested.

Of course… Buffy grumbled inwardly.

“Then put your shoes on.”

“What?!” Cordelia shrieked indignantly, a look of utter disbelief on her face.
“You think I’m going to walk around one more minute?” Cordelia asked, not believing her sister’s words.

Pleading brown eyes made contact with ablaze green ones that fixed the person in front dangerously.

“Listen, Cordy. Somebody has to find our parents.
Or do you want to find the cabin on your own?”
Buffy reminded the older one through gritted teeth as her patience began to wear thin.

Cordelia nodded satisfied and leaned back into the soft, well-padded chair, closing her eyes.
“Ah, you’re so kind. I really appreciate your offer,” she responded impossibly happily, relaxing her feet on the cold marble floor again.

The younger Summers girl clenched her fists, controlling the rage towards her supposedly beloved sister.
“Don’t worry,” she said with false sweetness,
“I will go over there and you can stay here and enjoy your rest,” Buffy growled finally, storming off into the other direction.

“Take your time,” her sister called after her, but Buffy was already out of sight, ignoring everything and everybody on her way to the right side of the lobby.
At least she could put some distance between her so called sister and herself.

Though she had a hard time to get through the crowd of people, who blocked her sight to the glass front of the reception desk, she managed to make it there without causing anyone bodily harm.

Would have been Cordys fault anyway…

After a short time Buffy was able to reach a handsome – looking girl, dressed in the typical Silvers suit with a nameplate on the front.

Trying hardly to calm down a man in a terrible dark green two-piece suit that emphasized his mud colored eyes, the receptionist didn’t notice the young blonde girl smiling friendly at her.

“I can’t believe that we don’t get a bungalow at the eastside,” the middle- aged man hissed, staring at the blonde woman in front of him through angry eyes.

“I’m sorry, Mayor Wilkins. But this year the eastside is already fully booked. I told your secretary…” the young woman explained politely, only to be cut off by the furious man.

“I don’t care. My family and I want a view that overlooks the lake, like we have every year.”

Buffy immediately stepped away a bit and decided to follow the conversation from a safe distance, afraid to interrupt.

This guy’s looking like he’s going to explode any minute…

“So, Miss.“ said man looked at the receptionists nameplate and made an obvious effort to keep his impatience under control.
“Miss MaClay. I’m sure you don’t want any difficulties.”

A cold smile, that would even freeze the desert, appeared on his face.

“I know, you’re a good friend of Mr Snyder, sir.
But I can’t change the reservations. I’m not allowed to do it,” the patient girl replied slowly, watching the screen of her computer with interest.

“Uh, wrong answer”, Buffy mumbled at the glare, the man was immediately sending the receptionists way.

Mayor Wilkins was really pissed off now and suddenly reached over to catch the collar of the receptionists white blouse, forgetting his usual good manners.

“Listen to me.” He growled at the puzzled girl, who was speechless. “You will fix that misunderstanding or I…”

“Not the way to treat a lady,” a British voice called resolutely, causing Buffy to direct her attention away from the scene in her view.

A peroxide blonde man with sharply edged cheekbones was walking towards the indignant middle-aged man, pushing the gripping hand away roughly.

“Oh, the little dance – wannabe,” Mayor Wilkins greeted the interrupter, sending him a self-assured smile that the young man seemed to ignore completely.
Instead he focused on the frightened receptionist, who was straightening her clothes and fumbling with her hair slide.

“Are you alright, Tara?” he asked with an edge of concern.

The girl nodded shyly, meeting his eyes.
“Y-Yes. I’m fine, Spike. Don’t worry. I’m..I’m sure Mayor Wilkins had a hard day and he didn’t want to lose his temper. Am - Am I right, Mayor?” she answered with a trembling voice, slowly turning her head at the older man in front of her.

Their argument however had already caught the attention of several guests in their vicinity who now eyed the well - known man from Sacramento with interest, forgetting their bags and reservations for a moment.

Suddenly very aware of the situation, the Mayor briefly straightened his tie and reached for a brown briefcase to take out his purse.

“Money will surely fix everything,” his inner voice proclaimed, all the while narrowing his eyes at the Billy Idol lookalike, blaming him for the awkward situation.

Spike Taylor had been a pain in the ass, every year Mayor Wilkins had attended Silvers.

And this fall, bad publicity could be the death of his political career, literally.

Especially since the re-election was near and the Sun had already published that nasty article about his little investments.
So he had to play along for the time being.
But the time would come and then he would see the bleached dance instructor going down.

“Of course, Miss MaClay. I’m so sorry for my rudeness.” The politician apologized in a stiff way, remembering his usual attitude in public, while handing her a twenty dollar bill.
His tie suddenly seemed a bit too tight.

Spike raised his scarred eyebrow and Tara stared at the money as if it would bite her at any moment.
It was against Silvers policy to take money from the guests, especially hush money.

“S- Sir, I’m not…” she stammered confusedly, unsure what to say.
The mayor had pulled a complete Jekyll and Hyde act, a furious monster one moment and a polite man the next.
He and Snyder were literally perfect for each other.

But she still had no idea how to handle him.

Meanwhile Mayor Wilkins was busy looking out for any unwelcome bystanders, more concerned about his image than his apology.

Luckily for Buffy she was standing a few feet away, barely visible behind a huge bouquet with different varieties of flowers, hoping the scene would be over soon.

Unfortunately a tubby woman with a huge hat and two bulky suitcases bumped into her and sent her flying over into the beautiful orchids, lilies and roses.

The expensive crystal vase dropped to the floor with a loud crash and the slightly slimy water caused Buffy’s white sneakers to slip on the marble floor.

Her small body was pulled forward and her hands gripped the polished glass plate of the table, only to have her feet slide out from under her again.

Imagining the hard marble floor, she closed her eyes and braced herself for what she expected to be a painful landing.

But it never came.

Instead she felt two strong arms encircling her waist and the sweet smell of aftershave tickling her nose.

Her hands found their way around a soft, warm neck without thinking and her face was pressed into a well-muscled chest.

Too shocked to breathe or to open her eyes, she stood perfect still, simply listening to the healthy heartbeat that echoed in said chest.

The logical part in her mind screamed at her to do something, but she couldn’t.

Nothing mattered in this moment.

This must be the shock.

She didn’t know how long she remained in this position when she heard someone speaking.

“What a mess. I thought this hotel would be well managed. Don’t they have some cleaners?”
An arrogant female voice was complaining out loud.

Buffy cracked open an eye, slowly raising her head to come face to face with a certain bleached blonde dance instructor.

Piercing blue eyes were meeting her gaze and a smirk was at the corner of his full lips.

“Hello Cutie,” he greeted the petite girl in his arms, pushing a strand of golden hair out of her face.

Buffy felt her cheeks glowing and if it was possible she blushed even more.
There she was standing in the arms of a stranger.

Well, a very good –looking stranger.

But he was a stranger nevertheless.

God, and I’m clinging to him like an idiot, she thought to herself, trembling slightly under his gaze.

Spike stared at her, not missing a single move she made.
One moment he’d been figuring out how to help Tara with the problem, so called Richard Wilkins the third and the next, a crash had caused him to turn around, finding a small petite figure pressed against his chest in an instant.

And a cute one too, he added inwardly.

The big hazel eyes, full rosy lips and that cute little nose were amazing and he couldn’t tear his gaze away from her flushed face.

Bloody 'ell, mate. Pull yourself together.
She's no different from any other girl...
Spike told himself, giving her his best smirk.

Buffy, still in his arms, was unable to come up with something beside a wretched oh, her mouth opened and closed without a single word.

“I like it when chits make the first move.”
His cocky side was back in a flash and his face came suggestively close to hers, never loosening the grip on her waist.
“So you’re up for the next round?”

He was slowly beckoning her in a more private corner of the lobby, where the show would just be between her and him.

Buffy was completely taken aback by his bluntness and the way he was moving them in a dark corner.

Who did this guy think he was?

She removed her hands from his body in an instant and anger flashed in her eyes, causing Spike to chuckle and holding her even tighter.

“Let go of me,” she spat, struggling to get free.

“Sorry bout that, pet. “ He replied cockily, his warm breath tickling the soft skin beside her left ear.
“But I never reject an offer.”

His words were only a whisper, but enough to send a shiver down her spine.

Buffy ignored the unpleasant feeling and turned her head in angry fury, ready to give him the best humiliation of his young life.

Almost touching her nose, it was the chance Spike had waited for.

Before Buffy could break loose, he had already leaned in and crushed his lips to hers, causing a little squeak to escape her throat.

Hazel eyes widened almost painful and the rest of her body was incapable of moving, frozen dead in tracks.

That was the last thing she’d expected.

The blue-eyed man sneaked his arms tighter around her small frame, pressing her upper body further into his hard chest.
His lips parted slightly and the tip of his tongue tasted her fuller bottom lip carefully.

Cor, her lips are like melting ice cream. So soft.

His mind was racing.
This girl was so pure, so innocent.
He’d never tasted anything like that.
And he had to admit that it tasted damn good...

Totally lost in his own thoughts he didn’t bother that the girl in his arms didn’t kiss him back while Buffy was mentally cursing herself.

Here she was, fool of the week who let herself get kissed by the first guy who comes along..

And she was sure she must have looked like fool, standing in the arms of a modern Casanova who was nibbling on her bottom lip, like there was no tomorrow.

Yeah and you’re doing nothing, except waiting for a hole in the ground to swallow you up, she told herself, still trying to ignore the tingling feeling that raced up and down her spine.

Little did she know that this attitude was driving him crazy, literally.

His last shag only had been a few hours ago, but he was a man after all.
He was the most craved man at Silvers, women always approached him for one-on-one
“dance lessons”, and some snogging was always good.
And if the little blonde in his would’ve taken some initiative, maybe if she’d started kissing him back, she could’ve well been the next woman to scream his name.

Spike decided to push her a little, forcing his tongue between her lips, searching entrance into her mouth.

The young girl however, whether due to lack of experience or shock, gritted her teeth as her eyes bulged.

Okay, tongue. Why the hell is his tongue in my mouth?! She asked herself, feeling the warm flesh sliding against her gums.

Enough is enough.

She wouldn’t even allow a Parker Abrams to do this.

Shaking herself out of her momentary daze she jerked away, pacing for a bit, before she searched his eyes again.

Spike smirked somewhat proudly, titling his head slightly and admiring her confused gaze.

“English men are still the best,” he praised his effect on her silently, not knowing how wrong he should be.

Giving him a cold glare, she clenched her fist tightly and did the only thing she could think of.

With all the strength she could muster she punched him, hoping to bring an end to his infuriating smirk.

Unfortunately for him, her aim was off and she hit his nose instead of his jaw.

Completely blown away by her reaction, his head shot back and he stumbled backwards, almost causing a stand that held free mint drops to fall.

“Bloody ‘ell, woman!” he screamed at her, holding his bleeding nose with both hands, and trying to control the damage.

Buffy raised her head slowly, ignoring the pain in her hand for a moment, and sent him a sweet smile.

“What’s your problem you soddin’ bint?”
Droplets of deep red blood were soaking his blue staff shirt now, running slowly over the bright letters at the front.

“What’s my problem!?” she shouted back.
“Who the hell are you to kiss me, you asshole?” She shot him a look of death, wondering if he’d blame her for his possibly broken nose.
Like she should’ve been enthusiastic about their liplock.

“You don’t have to be such a prude,” he replied sharply, searching for a tissue in the pockets of his black Levis.
An old napkin was the only thing he could find there.

Better’n nothin’, mate.

Buffy’s mouth dropped open in shock.
“I’m not a prude. Just because I didn’t fall all over you and beg you to kiss me a little more?
I don’t think so. You disgust me.”

“Never been told so.” The twenty-two year old man informed her nonchalantly, pressing the battered napkin to his nose.

“But from the way you kiss, you should be glad a bloke doesn’t run screamin’ after the first try.”

He quelled the urge to show her how disgusting he could really be when he tried, but his still-bleeding nose required his attention.

“You’re lucky that you’re bleeding,” she hissed immediately, “or I’d punch you again.”
There wasn’t a single hint of regret in her voice.

“Yeah, seems like some bitchy barbie dolls have to get off in other ways, eh?” Spike retorted, fixing her icily.

Buffy stepped forward, clenching her hand again, and prepared to give him another demonstration of her abilities.
Just then Tara ran in, clutching a blue cold pack.

“God, Spike. What happened?” she asked quietly, catching a glimpse of Buffy out of the corner of her eyes. “Andrew told me you were punched.”

Spike removed the napkin from his face, showing a slightly swollen nose.
Tara gasped loudly, almost forgetting the icepack in her hand.

“H-Here,” she stammered, handing him the cool bundle. “It’ll keep you from swelling up t-too badly.”

“Thanks, luv “ he said. Smiling warmly at her he immediately pressed the icepack to his nose.
“Ah, much better.”

Buffy rolled her eyes, annoyed by his attitude and the situation in general.

“Excuse me,” she turned her attention towards the receptionist, who turned her head in surprise.
“Did Rupert and Joyce Summers perhaps leave a message?” Buffy asked with a small smile, ignoring the dance instructor completely.

“S-Summers?” Tara repeated.

“Yes, my sister and I lost track of them.”
Now it was Spike’s turn to roll his eyes.

“Doesn’t Barbie know the way to her cabin?” he said teasingly.

“Don’t worry, bleach boy.” The seventeen year old replied shortly, wishing that she had hit his mouth instead of his nose.

“Your bungalow is at the Eastside. N-Number 25,” Tara interjected, not wanting to get into that little quarrel.
“Y-Your father told me to inform you and your sister.”

At the mention of her father, Buffy snapped out of her Ten ways to hit a Spike thoughts and nodded thankfully at the other blonde girl.

“I think I’ll be able to find it. Thank you, Tara,” she replied, remembering the receptionist’s name.

With a last look in deep blue eyes the turned on her heel and made her way back to her sister, not bothering to say goodbye.

“Bitch,” Spike murmured under his breath, while Buffy’s mind screamed bastard.

Tara didn’t have a clue what had happened there, but obviously the staff member and the new guest weren’t meant to be best friends...


Chapter End Notes:
Liked? Disliked? Tell me! :)