Author's Chapter Notes:
Big thanks for the reviews! Feedback is really appreciated. :)

Disclaimer: See chapter 1!
The family was greeted by a drive full of cars and a crowd of people.Pageboys were busy carrying bags and trunks in the main building and a grumpy-looking man was yelling at them in the middle of the driveway.

"Hurry up. We're not a second-rate youth hotel. You're working for The Silvers! So move your lazy asses and take care of those boxes over here!"

Mr. Summers stopped the car right in front of a poor boy, who dashed over to an old lady in a luxurious dress and her three barking dogs.

"It seems like we arrived at the right time," Rupert Summers joked and turned off the motor.
"We’ll go and check our reservation. You can stay in the car or take a look around. Do what you like, but stay near," he added towards his daughters.

"Sure thing, dad."

Both girls rolled her eyes and waited till her parents had left the car and were out of sight.


"So what do we do now?" Buffy asked her older sister in a sweet voice, obviously disliking the whole situation itself.


Yeah, now it’s me and Miss Cosmopolitan alone, her inner self responded ‘joyful’.


Cordelia just spared her a glance and slammed the door open with a loud thud, already giving herself like an important Hollywood actress who would be greeted by a crowd of fans.


"I think I should find a bathroom where I can check my make up," was her only reply before she left the car and swung her black Gucci bag over shoulder.


"Just what I need,” Buffy muttered and hurried after her, knowing that it wouldn’t take long before Cordelia was completely lost in the new place and would surely make someone a scene.


And this, the blonde decided, wouldn’t make her parents happy at all. Especially when Cordelia would blame it on her again ..like always.


“Damn it, Cordy. Just wait up,” Buffy yelled after the brunette Summer’s girl, who was already disappearing in the crowd of people.


“I so will..,” the small blonde muttered angrily and tried to move past a bulky businessman, only to crash into a tall, muscular body - which caused her to stumble and fall over.


"You ok?" a deep, Californian voice immediately asked her concerned.


“Yeah, I’m fine,” the blonde muttered and ignored the now offered hand, trying to push herself up from the cold gravel path.

Her knees were dirty now and her hair hung loosely around her face.


"I'm so sorry, but you came out of nowhere and I didn’t..,” the young man started to apologize, while Buffy still hadn’t spared him a glance.


"Whatever," came her short reply, before she finally gave up on cleaning her knees and took a look at her so called “attacker”.


Instantly her eyes widened and all the anger flooded away.


Before her was standing a guy with soft, chocolate brown eyes that seemed to match the color of his hair and she could make out broad shoulders you could definitely lean on. The guy in front of her had - without a doubt - the look that made her heart beat a little faster.


"Are you really alright?" he interrupted her gaze with a hint of a smile.

“What..,” Buffy stammered, having difficulties to focus her foggy mind.

“I asked you if you’re alright,” she guy in front of her repeated, staring into her green eyes.

“I’m..I’m fine. Peachy even,” she tried to cover her visit to the so called “Dreamland” in a perky voice that
made her inner self cringe.


And now ask yourself again why great guys will never go for you..


“By the way, I’m Angel Montgomery, “ the tall man used her awkward moment to introduce himself. “One of the dance instructors here at the place.”

A wide smile that made her knees even get weaker, joined his handsome face and he raised one of his strong hands forward to greet her properly.


Rule Number One: Always threat them like a gentleman.


Angel Montgomery was a player. A player who pretended to be a gentleman, only to get a girl into bed within 24 hours.


"I'm Buffy, Buffy Summers, " she blonde with the shining green eyes finally told him and let her small hand join his bigger one.


Breathe Buffy. Breathe..


“So, you’re new here,” Angel spoke up again and tried to check her out in his usual manner, never loosening his persistent smile.

Her tanned legs were really nice and the curves he could make out under her baby tee, didn’t seem so bad either.


Guess it’s your lucky day today, little girl…


The leering look in his eyes went unnoticed by Buffy, who really tried to get a grip on herself before she would go straight for “Looser of the Month”.


Just answer the question, Buff. Focus on his question.


"We just arrived," she somewhat blurted out and gave him a smile of her own, trying to cover up her nervousness.


"I'm sure you'll like it here. It's not so boring as it seems. There's a lot of action," the tall dance instructor told her suggestively.


He was sure that this girl would be an easy one, the
way she was taken aback by his presence.
To him, it was no secret how to handle the girls at the place. A smile here and some beautiful words there and you'd get what you want.


And the outsight of this season was really not so bad so far.


“Good to know, “ Buffy answered shortly, too afraid to make a fool of herself.


Better safe than sorry.


"You know if you would like to learn some new moves,
I'm all yours, " he added in a low voice, which caused Buffy to blush immediately. "Not that I think you wouldn't be a good dancer."


Ok, gorgeous guy and the topic from hell. Think Buffy, think..


"Well..." she desperately searched for words, while Angel’s look lingered on her in way that she couldn’t define.


Oh yeah little girl, you’re definitely going to enjoy my dance lessons…


But just before Buffy even had the chance to change the topic, a well-known girl in a Prada dress stepped into her view.


“Can you believe that this little pageboy told me to find a bathroom on my on,“ Cordelia complained in her usual manner, pushing her long hair over her shoulders in a dramatically way. "It's our money that pays them. They should show me some respect!"


She still couldn’t understand how a boy in this position hadn’t even spared her a second glance, not to mention his short reply about “Being patient for a moment or finding a bathroom on her on”.


“Whatever you say, Cordy,” Buffy stated, asking herself why Cordelia always had to pop out of nowhere.


In the meantime, Angel was more than pleased with the view, the tall brunette presented him.

To him she was a perfect vision of Sandra Bullock and Cindy Crawford, mixed up in one hot body with high heels. He surely had a hard time not to leer at her right away.


“Buffy..,” he then choose to clear his throat, making Cordelia turn around in an instant.

“Well, hello to you too.” In an instant, Cordelia Summers had moved forward,completely shielding Buffy from his view. “I’m Cordelia. Cordelia Summers.”

A smile that she usually spared for special occasions appeared on her face and a perfectly manicured hand was slowly raised in greeting.

Angel however remained cool and forced himself to take Cordelia's hand to kiss her knuckles.


"It's a pleasure," he purred. "My name's Angel Montgomery."


Cordelia raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow, but welcomed the manners. "Nice to meet you, " she replied in her usual high-pitched voice, ignoring Buffy’s muttering beside her.


Finally a guy who knows how to treat a woman.


"And he's not bad looking either. Definitely a bonus," she noticed with a glance at his muscle-shirt.


“Didn’t you have a date with the bathroom mirror?”
With a slight bump of her left elbow, Buffy had placed herself in front of the other girl again. "I think your make up looks a bit too cakey already."
The brunette narrowed her brown eyes at this comment and had to suppress the urge to whip that now present fake smile of her sister’s face.

So you wanna mess with me?


“Well,dearie. Why don’t you sign up for some dance lessons while I’m fixing my make up. I know you're dying to.”


Now it was Buffy’s turn to narrow her eyes, hardly trying to not loose her temper.


I’m so gonna make her pay for this.


“Good thing that I’m a dance instructor here,” Angel interfered in a deep voice, clueless about the meaning behind Cordelia’s words. “You can sign up personally whenever you want.”


“Well, Buffy surely is a hard piece of work,” the older Summer’s girl informed him with a meaningful glance, stepping forward right before Buffy could bump into Cordy’s side.

“Maybe you should let some other guy take pity on her.”

“And maybe someone should dig a hole and put you in it ,” Buffy commented sardonically, putting herself between Angel and her sister.

“As if this would make you little Miss Dancing Queen,“ the brunette spat out unaffected, viewing her with a dull expression.


“Ladies, I think you..,” Angel finally started to soothe the atmosphere between the two sisters, when a pissed off voice called his name in a well-known manner, letting the dance instructor sigh inwardly.


Here it comes.


"Mr. Montgomery," a skinny, unfriendly-looking man immediately approached him.

"I can imagine that it's more interesting to have a little get together with your two friends here,"the short man declared, pointing at the two Summers women, who remained silent for the moment.
"But unfortunately you've got a job to do. And if I don't have amnesia, you should be at the golf course by…NOW," he added in a dangerously low tone, gritting his teeth.


"I was on my way over there, Mr. Snyder," Angel replied defending.


"Well Mr Montgomery. I can't see a reason that is preventing you from doing it," the other man hissed, fixing him with a cold stare.


"Yes, sir,” the tall dance instructor obeyed, making eye contact with the girls and indicating them to remain silent.


But Mr Snyder, still angry and in a bad mood, because of two kids who had crossed his path earlier, immediately turned his attention towards the female persons like a snake in wait.


"And you," he asked in an even more unfriendly tone.
"You're new entertainment staff?" His cold eyes inspected them disgusted. "What are your abilities? Play little peep shows?"


Buffy gasped at his comment, while Cordelia just narrowed her eyes and cursed this ugly looking man in a silent manner.


How dare he! What did he think they were?
Some sluts who are all over the next guy who comes along?



"No, Mr Snyder, sir. There's a misunderstanding. These girls aren't…"


"Shut your mouth, Montgomery," the small man yelled at the taller one. "Why are you still here? I can't see your feet moving. You're sure you don't want to fly back to your little town in nowhere?"


Knowing that a remark would only make it worse, Angel gritted his teeth and held his anger back.


Always the same.


It was always the same at the beginning of the season.


Snyder was a rat. A rat that searched for a shit of a reason to make your life harder.


"Listen you little gnome, "Buffy now choose to interfere in the private exchange, not willing to let “Rumpelstiltskin” insult the young dance instructor any further.


Angel mouthed some No's to stop her from saying whatever was on her mind but Buffy didn’t even think twice about her actions, while Cordelia gladly kept herself out of the tensed situation.


“Maybe you should go back to the place you’ve been coming from and leave Angel alone,” she locked her green eyes with icy brown ones, not willing to let the skinny man get the upper hand.


At this comment, Mr Snyder's eyes almost jumped out of its sockets and his face went indescribable red.


"Do you have any clue who I am?" he asked her infuriated, causing the blonde girl to put her right hand over her mouth in a dramatically way.


"Oh, I'm so sorry," she replied in exaggerated manner.
"Are you the missing animal from the zoo?" She gave him her sweetest smile, while the bald-headed man was almost exploding now.


"That's enough, " he screamed.
"I'm, Eugene Snyder, manager of this place,don't allow such an attitude in our family business!," his head already red like a tomato.

"And you, " he pointed at the petite one," are fired!"


"What's going on here?" the voice of Rupert Summers called from the main building, approaching the group with steady steps.


"I didn't do anything, daddy," Cordelia peeped up, sending him a wide smile that made him even more suspicious.


After a final look at his daughter he turned his attention towards the still furious man, who still had his gaze fixed on Buffy.


"Mr. Snyder, did my daughters cause any trouble?"


Taking a deep breath and remembering his position at the resort, the bald-headed man finally turned his attention towards the intruder he knew was a friend of his cousin.


"Oh, Mr. Summers. I'm sorry if it looked like a quarrel, "he began in a friendly tone, sparing Buffy a glance who in return just raised a brow.

"Your lovely daughters only asked me after the way to the lake." A plastic smile that almost reached his big ears covered his anger.


"Is that right Buffy darling? "Mr. Summers eyed her intensely and put his glasses back in its place.


Yeah, to drown the little gnome in it..


"Of course dad. Mr. Snyder was very friendly to help us out, “came her forced reply, joined by a false smile.


Even though Rupert Summers wasn’t convinced at all he decided to let the topic drop for the moment before it could turn into a complicated direction.


“I’m glad to hear that my dear,“ he pointed out in a loving way.
“But if you excuse us now Mr Snyder. My wife is waiting in the lobby.”


"Oh, you shouldn't keep your wonderful wife waiting for so long," Snyder's voice turned up.
"I think my cousin could use some help, too. You know, the staff is always hard to handle at the beginning of the season. So if you'll excuse me as well," he added with a final look at the Summers clan, before he rushed back to the main building.


“God he definitely isn’t a sort of person I’d want to meet more than once in my lifetime,“Cordelia stated after Snyder was out of sight.


“Well,“ Mr. Summers started, “he isn’t exactly what you would call a social person but still he’s Wesley’s cousin and runs the resort with him. So be at least respectful.”


“Poor Wesley,” the older Summer’s girl simply stated, while Buffy didn’t pay them much attention.


Now that she got rid of this ugly little man, her first priority was to look out for the handsome dance instructor.


“I surely would disclaim a relative like Snyder.” Cordelia made a face that left no doubt in her disgust towards the resort manager.


“If you say so dear,” her father replied shortly, not wanting to discuss the topic of Eugene Snyder any further. Wesley had already told him more than enough about said person that Rupert knew he had to keep his children out of Snyder’s way.


“Well, are we going to stand here till he comes back?,” Cordelia started again, clearly not liking this option at all.


“Of course not my dear. We really should get back to your mother,” her father announced smiling, letting Cordelia turn in said direction in an instant.


Yeah, she couldn’t wait to finally inspect their cabin.

Not to mention that her high heels gave her a hard
time.

But who was she to complain out loud?



“Buffy are you coming?” Rupert Summers now directed his attention towards his youngest daughter who seemed lost into whatever she was looking for.


Damn it, where did he go?


“Sweetheart,” her father now approached her, putting a warm hand on her shoulder and startling her out of her “mission”.


“Sorry dad. I guess I zoomed out for a bit.” She finally turned around and gave him a sincere smile that hid her disappointment about Angel’s leaving in a convincing way.


“Your mother’s waiting dear.” Smiling he set himself into motion before Buffy could respond a single word.


So she slowly followed her father into the direction of the main building and could soon make out her waiting sister who was even more impatient then before.


“About time,” she exclaimed at Buffy’s sight and instantly started to yank her through the still
present crowd.


"Yeah, yeah. No need to rush," Buffy tried to break free from her sister's hold, loosing sight of her father in the process.


Thanks Cordy..


When she could finally loose the grip successfully, both girls stumbled over the entrance into the lobby.
From behind them, a bleached-blond man also entered the hall…