Author's Chapter Notes:
Reviews keep the muse coming back. Please continue
Chapter Two


“What do you mean, ‘if you told me your name?’”

He laughed. “Well luv, you’re the one that came into my brother’s house and jumped on me. How am I supposed to know your name?”

“What!?” Buffy sat up, clutching the sheet to her chest. “Your brother?!” At this point she was yelling.

“Yeah.” He looked confused. “Will never told you about me, did he? That he had a twin.”

“Twin?” all she seemed to be able to do now was stare at him.

“I guess with his starting a new life in America, he decided to forget all about the one he left behind in England. How can that stupid ponce not mention that he even had a twin? Did you even know that we have a brother named Angel?”

“No. Nothing.”

Buffy was confused. Why didn’t Will tell her any of this? What happened to make him want to hide his old life from her? Oh, God! She had sex with this man. She didn’t even know who he was. All she knew now was that he was Will’s twin.

Oh, God! She had sex with this man. She hadn’t even had sex with William yet. She thought that this was there first time. How was she going to explain this to him? Then she got angry. How could William never tell her about having a twin?

“What’s your name then?” Buffy asked in a strained, low voice.

“Spike.” He seemed to have curled his tongue behind his teeth as he said his name. God, it made her hot. Even after all that had happened. “And what’s your name luv?”

“Buffy.”

“Such a lovely name for such a lovely girl.”

“Shut up.” Buffy moved to get out of bed. Trying to hold up her sheet while looking around on the floor for her cloths.

He laughed. “Whatever you say pet.” He flopped back down onto the bed.

“I can’t believe I had sex with you.” Buffy said out loud.

That made him sit back up. “Wait. Don’t tell me that you two never had sex.”

She blushed and looked away.

He laughed. “I knew that my brother was a pansy, but I would have thought that he would have shagged you by now.”

His pants being thrown at him was answer enough.

“What were you doing here anyways?”

Her head shoot up. Quickly she pulled her shirt over her head.

“I was supposed to meet him here after work. He’s going to be here any minute! What am I going to tell him?!”

She was starting to freak out again. Spike felt bad for her. At first it was funny. Sleeping with Will’s women before he even could. Now, as he watched her move around the room, he knew he had to help her.

“Relax, luv. I’ll help you figure this out.”

“I’m not your luv!” She glared at him.

Just then they both heard a car pull up the drive way. They knew that it had to be William.

“Oh, God! What are we going to do?”

“Relax. I have a plan.”



“Buffy? Are you here, pet?” William yelled, closing the front door behind him.

“In the living room. I have a surprise for you!” She yelled back.

William smiled. “Good, I have one for you too!”

When he walked into the living room the smile on his face vanished. There sitting side by side on the couch was Buffy and Spike.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” William asked in a low, menacing voice.

“Now, now William. Is that any way to talk to your twin brother?”

“I came in and run into him. Funny how I knew nothing about him. You think that my boyfriend having a twin would be something I would know.” Buffy said with sarcasm dripping from each word.

“I can’t believe you came here. I thought that you and Angel were opening a bar in London together.”

“We did. I came to L.A. to look into locations for another bar. I decide that it had been to long since we last spoke. Imagine finding out that your girlfriend knew nothing at all about me or anyone else in our family.” He laughed. “You can’t forget about us, Will. You had to of thought of me at least, every time you looked in the mirror.”

“I wish you would have stayed gone.”

“And I wish I knew about him!” Buffy did not like not being included in this conversation. They were starting to act like she wasn’t even there.

“Spike got into some trouble back home. He gave the cops my name. Word got around school and they kicked me out. I never have and never will forgive him for it. I had to leave the country to go to school because of it.”

“That part of my life is over now. I tried to apologize for it. You would never answer any of my calls or open any of my letters.” Spike sounded like he was really, truly sorry for whatever he did.

“What did he do, William?” Buffy asked.

Instead of answering her William looked back at Spike. “How did you get in here any way?”

“How do you think? I picked the lock.”

“I thought that part of your life was behind you?”

At least Spike had the decency to look embarrassed. “Well, I needed in the house. It’ not like I was going to sit outside the door waiting for you.”

“I would like to speak to Buffy alone for a minute if you would be so kind as to get the fuck out of my living room.” He managed to keep his voice low and steady. Never showing any hint of emotions.

“As you wish.” Spike stood up and made a grand show of bowing before William. He turned to walk into the kitchen, but not before winking at William. He just could not resist. It’s not like Will could see him do it either.

When he was out of ear shot, William took Spike’s seat on the couch next to Buffy.

“I’m sorry I never told you about him. I never intended to see him again. Please forgive me. I never wanted to see him again. I never wanted you two to meet. I love you. Please, luv.”

That was the first time he ever said ‘I love you’ to her. She did not know what to do. Yes, she had deep feelings for him. On the other hand she just had sex with his twin brother that she knew nothing about because she thought it was him. What else could he be hiding from her? She needed time to think about this.

“I can’t do this right now. I’m sorry. I need time to think about this.”

He looked so sad when she said. But she had to stick to her guns.

“I understand. Take all the time you need. I will be here waiting for you.”

She nodded and stood up and left. Not looking back. If she did she knew that she just might forgive him.