Chapter Three


He was still sitting there looking at the door when Spike came back in the room. Spike felt bad. It seemed that William really liked Buffy. He was trying to get in good with his brother. Not piss him off even more. Whether he wanted to admit it or not he cared for his brother.

Spike missed his brother. Sure, he had Angel. But, being without your twin was different. It was like a piece of him was missing. They were so close as kids. Then he had to go and get into trouble. That’s when it all went bad. All because of her.

“I’m sorry. I did not think that I would mess things up this badly by showing up.”

William looked at him. He could tell that his brother really meant it. It was kinda his fault too. He was the one who refused to speak to his brother. He would not even read anything he sent him. All the letters he received were sent right back unopened.

“It’s not your fault. I really should have told her.”

“Why didn’t you?”

“I really like her. Things had not gotten that far yet though. I planned to be home where she got here today with a romantic dinner. I was going to tell her that I love her.”

“I’m sorry. I’ll just leave. I’m sure that once she cools down everything will be fine and back to normal with you guys.”

William gave his twin a sad smile. “Somehow I don’t think it’s going to be that easy.”

“Still, I’ll leave.”

Spike moved to walk past his brother. William grabbed his arm as he walked by him.

“No. Don’t go. I have been acting childish about all this. I have been in contact will Angel and he did tell me that you have cleaned up your act and kept it clean for the last five years. I just wanted to hold it against you still. I’m sorry.

Please stay. We can catch up on what has been going on with you and everything. Buffy will calm down. Once I tell her everything it should work out ok. At least I hope so.”

Spike sat down next to Will and clapped a hand on his shoulder.

“I’m sure that everything will be fine.”



Buffy had been pacing around her living room for two hours now. She could not take it anymore. She had tell him. How could they have a relationship with this hanging over her head? Buffy’s mind was made up. She was going to tell William that she slept with Spike.



Spike and William were happily singing a drunken tune when the door bell rang. In Spike’s mind, catching up on the past meant that you had to drink to do it. William seemed to forgive him about the past. That was what Spike wanted the most. He only hoped that he would be able to worm his way into his brothers heart deep enough, so that when he learned about him and Buffy he would be forgive. It was completely selfish. But he just could not help it.

Struggling to his feet Spike got up and answered the door. As soon as he saw Buffy on the door step he sobered right up.

“Your going to tell him right now, aren’t you luv?”

“Yeah. I have to.”

He nodded and stepped back to let her in.

“Hey, Will? I’m running to the store. I’ll be back in a couple hours.”

Before he even got an answer he grabbed his coat and walked out the door.

William looked up when he heard foot steps enter the room.

“Buffy!” He said in surprise.

“I have something to tell you.” Just cut to the chase. That was the easiest way to get through this.

William’s face fell. He was sober now.

“I can’t really be mad at you for not telling me about your brother. I did something today that I am not proud of, that I did not tell you right away about either. I should have. There was a lot of confusion and things’ going on, but that is no excuse.”

She took a deep breath. “When I came in Spike walked down the stairs. When I saw him I thought that getting a make over was what you wanted to show me. I kissed him. One thing lead to another and we had sex.”

William’s jawed dropped. It really dropped. Buffy only thought they did that in the movies.

“How could you?!” He yelled after he took a minute to process what she said. “Couldn’t you tell that it was not me?”

“How could I?!” She yelled back. “I knew nothing about a twin. When I saw him I just that it was you. How was I to know that there was another one of you running around?”

“Didn’t you notice that he kissed differently or anything?!”

Now she looked guilty again. She really should have known. There really was no real excuse as to why she could not tell the difference between them and that she let it go that far.

“Your right. I have no excuse for it. I really should have been able to tell the difference.”

“I need some time.” He said in a soft, low voice. He would not look up at her. “I can’t look at you right now without seeing you and him together.”

A single tear slid down her cheek. A sob caught in her throat.

“I understand.”

She turned towards the door. With her hand on the door knob she turned back to him.

“I really do care about you William. I love you. Please. I’ll do whatever I can. I know you can never really forgive me for it. But, please try and give me another chance.”

She walked out the door. No longer able to hold the sobs in.


As soon as Spike came in the house the first thing he noticed was that it was dark. Every light in the house was off. Slowly, he made his way around the corner into the living room. As soon as he turned the corner he was hit square in the nose.

“Bloody hell!”

Spike grabbed his nose and looked up into the eyes of an angry William. The shadows from the moon lit room making his eyes darker.

“What the fuck was that for?!”

“You slept with her! Even after I told you that I was in love with her, you still didn’t tell me! What kind of ponce are you?! Here you are talking about wanting to make amends and get along. You slept with my girlfriend and did not even tell me!”

“I’m sorry! She just kissed me. I didn’t know what to do, so I kissed her back. Then it led to things and we ended up shagging. I’m sorry!”

William looked at him and snorted. “I can’t believe this. Your not even here for a whole day and you’re already ruining my life.”

“I should have known that she was your bird. She was in your house. But we just got caught up in it. If you want to blame me, then fine. I deserve it. But it really was not Buffy’s fault. She had no idea until I told her afterwards.”

“I don’t know what to do now. I need time to think all this through.”

He walked past Spike without another word and headed upstairs to his bedroom.

TBC...