Author's Chapter Notes:
hope you all enjoy, the feedbacks been grand, thanks to those who have left some!
also i re-read this and couldnt find any spelling errors but im tired and the spell check here isnt working...so, im sorry if something is mis-spelled and it irks you!
“So then she said, ‘Lets make the theme Don’t tread on me’, and I was the only one who understood that we had to, because what else would we tread on right?”

Spike laughed as they walked through the cemetery, Buffy sharing some random Hemery High memories and him in stitches the whole time.

“Bet you guys were top o’ your class right pet?”

She giggled, “Not quite.”

“Anyway, later on me and Pike saved their stupid asses from Lothos and I never saw them again.”

Spike scoffed, “What kind of name is Pike?”

She shrugged her shoulders and grinned, “I don’t know, the kind of name that would sound SOoooo much cooler if there was an S prior to the P?”

He scowled at her for all of thirty seconds then smiled, “Can’t say you’re not right kitten.”

They walked together to the gates in silence after that.

“Fancy a walk home then pet?”

“You gonna’ protect me from the big bads Spike?”

“I am the big bad, so I’ll protect you from the teeny baddies.”

“You don’t think I can handle teeny badies?” she asked with a faux pout.

“Nope” he said and walked past her, knowing she would catch up and see his smile.


These nights had become frequent over the past two weeks, they would meet up, patrol, talk, reminisce and then watch bad movies until Spike had to beat the sunrise home. He’d never been happier in all his time.

When they walked through her front door they were surprised to find the Scoobies there.

Buffy frowned, “Everything okay guys?”

Xander stood up from the couch, “Well, frankly no Buffy. What the hell are you doing with the walking dead every night?”

She smiled and Spike had never seen her look so dangerous than in that second.
“Living, not dying…bad Buffy” she mockingly self reprimanded herself.

Xander sighed and looked at Willow, “Did you mess up another spell?”

The witch shook her head ‘no’ then looked at the blondes in front of her, “Hey guys.”

Spike nodded his head, “Red.”

Xander tensed, “We’re worried about you Buffy.”

“Is that so?”

“Well ya’!”

“And why is that?”

“Because you’re hanging out with the enemy Buffy, you must see you’re not okay.”

“I see; can you define okay for me please Xander?”

Obviously flustered Xander tried his best, still not knowing when to shut up.

“If you were okay you wouldn’t be spending your time with him.”

“Him who?” Buffy asked confused.

“Spike” he spat out.

She smiled, “So you do know his name, next time use it when you’re talking about him or I’ll ask you to specify again, we’ll save a lot of time this way.”

Xander stood there open mouthed, not quite knowing how to respond.

Spike put his hand on Buffy’s shoulder, “Maybe I should just be going now pet…”

She looked him in the eyes and smiled, “If you don’t want to be here, I won’t make you stay…but I want you to be here.”

“Then here is where I’ll be” he said softly, willing the burning in his eyes not to lead to tears.

“You let him touch you now? What happened to you Buffy?” Xander hissed.

Willow stood up, “That’s enough Xander Lavelle Harris.”

Xander’s eyes popped, “You’re on their side too?” he asked amazed.
Willow sighed, “I love you Xander, as a friend, and I love Buffy the same way. And if Spike can help Buffy live longer with his help well, then…” Willow swallowed nervously, “Well then, I love him too.”

Xander stood up and grabbed his coat, walking angrily past the people he no longer recognized, “You’ve all lost your minds.” He shouted and slammed the door shut behind him.

Buffy and Spike moved to sit in the now empty couch, Buffy smiled at Willow. “Thank you.”

Willow grinned sadly, “after all I’ve done to you…to the both of you, I think it’s only fair that I’m not so blind to reality.” She stood up and walked to the door, “Personally, I think it’s about time you guys got passed your issues, it’s good to see you smile...the both of you I mean.”

She closed the door softly behind her and left Buffy and Spike to talk about what had just happened.

“Well, that went better than expected”

Spike just looked at her, “The whelp is pissed sweets, it’s gonna’ be awhile ‘fore he comes to his senses.”

“Boo hoo, his feelings are hurt, better go make sure he’s okay…he helped rip me from heaven Spike, somehow I don’t feel the need to kiss and make up right now.”

Spike smiled, “Got any blood? I’m starving.”

She nodded her head, “Behind the milk, you feel like watching Sweeney Todd?”

Spike’s voice was muffled from being in the fridge, “I knew that guy.”

“What? Sorry I can’t hear you.”

He popped the blood into the microwave and came back to the living room, “I said I knew that guy.”

Buffy giggled, “Of course you did.”

He got his mug from the microwave and sat next to her.

“What’s that supposed to mean then?”

“Well he’s the demon barber of fleet street, why wouldn’t you know him right?”

Spike laughed, “He wasn’t actually a demon kitten, though a fine one he would have made…Did do wonders with a blade though, should have seen his face when I got up after he slit my throat.” He let out a chuckle at the memory, “became good friends after that we did.”

Buffy grimaced, “He slit you’re throat and you’re not the one who killed him?”

Spike smiled, “Nah, he had a whole blood vendetta thing going, I kinda’ understood him kitten…to have you’re wife and child ripped away from you like that and to be left rotting for 15 years, I’d be bloody pissed too.”

“You’re so much cooler than Angel” Buffy said with a smirk, “He would have whined about that non-stop, all ‘he ruined my black silk shirt and my hair got messed up’” she said in a whiny voice.

Spike looked at her in wonder, when had she noticed Angel to be…well, what Angel was really, a nancy boy ponce?

Buffy pressed play and sat wide eyed through the first ten minutes, when Spike felt her head fall on his shoulder he knew the Slayer had fallen asleep.

“Poor kitten, all tuckered out” he whispered gently, not wanting to move and wake her up, and so he sat there for a few hours, just watching her. He loved how smooth her forehead looked when she wasn’t scowling with worries, and he loved how trusting she was asleep next to him. Really, he loved everything about her.