Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry its been awhile, im all over the place with school and getting ready to move out :)
Buffy woke with a start, the sun dancing playfully across her face. She did a quick surveillance of the room, good, no dust meant that Spike had left before morning. She stretched and yawned, feeling satisfyingly well rested before she realized she could still feel him.

“Spike?” she called out tentatively.

“In here kitten” came the soft reply, her eyes flicked to the kitchen. All the shades were drawn and Spike sat against the back door, casually smoking a cigarette.

Buffy got up and walked towards him, “I’m not even gonna’ get started on the second hand smoke buddy, but I do wanna’ know why you’re sitting on my floor.”

“I wanted to watch you sleep…you look peaceful when you do.”

“And you couldn’t do this from the couch because???”

Spike gave her a small smile, “I wanted to watch you sleep with the sun on your face.”

Buffy’s heart clenched and she tentatively sat down next to him.

“I don’t like people who smoke.”

He went to stub the cigarette out in the ashtray but her tiny hand stopped him,

“It’s okay, you’re not people.”

Spike grunted, “No, not people…not anything really.”

“I didn’t mean it like that, I meant you’re more than just another person to me…and you’re not nothing.”

Spike sat there, watching her hand creeping towards his for what seemed an eternity,

“You’re everything.”

It was whisper soft and made of dreams, he almost hadn’t heard her but somehow that only made the statement louder.

“You’re a monster and a man, a poet and a savage. You’re a pathological liar that can be brutally honest, you’re my peer and my enemy. You are epitome of why I am going to die young and you’re the only reason I’m still here…”

She sighed and squeezed his hand, not daring to look at him before she was done because she knew if she did she’d never finish, she’d drown in his eyes and this needed to be done.
“You’re gentle to the point that it pains me and the pain you do inflict reminds me of a time that I was gentle, unbroken, able to show the world I was hurt. In another life you could have been my best friend, my father, my brother, but this is the life I’m in right now; and in this one you’re my reason.”

Spike tried, he really did, to fight back the tears but both the monster and the man needed this. They needed to weep. The man for the life they could have had had destiny not chosen this decade to throw their souls together, and the monster for knowing that no matter what happened from here on out it had found it’s mate.

He cleared his throat and brought her hand to lie over the flesh protecting his un-beating heart.

“Can you feel that Buffy?”

“I always did William.”

He squeezed his eyes shut and leaned his head against the door while she put her head on his shoulder and they sat there motionless and speechless. He didn’t know when she’d fallen asleep again but she had and so he picked her up as carefully as he could and walked up the stairs to her bedroom, where he put her sleeping body on the bed.

He was tired, the power of the sun draining him even outside and so he sat on the chair in the corner of her room and watched her until his own body gave into rest.




The dream he was having was heavenly, Buffy’s scent was surrounding him and her touch making up for over a century of not seeing the day. But that wasn’t true was it? He saw the day every-time he looked at her, could see it in her eyes, bubbling beneath her skin.

His demon was getting restless and trying to bring Spike’s mind to consciousness but Spike was reveling in the heat and fought with all he had to stay where he was. Soft skin was teasing his while she whispered his name over and over again and he would gladly die to stay in that place for just a few more seconds.

A delicious pain crept into his neck and he moaned heavily, this was bliss. He knew the second he fought the war to stay asleep and could feel reality come seeping in slowly. Buffy’s scent was all around him, protecting him and soothing him and the pain in his neck was more real by the second.

And then he was awake.

He decided to keep his eyes closed for just another moment and used his hands to see for him. She was straddling him on the chair, her skin naked and smooth and hot…so incredibly hot against him. He could feel the swell of her breast against his bare skin and her fingers curled around the back of his head and that’s when it all fell into place.

His eyes snapped open and he managed to choke out her name.

“Buffy?”

The hand at the back of his head tightened it’s grip as her mouth continued to pull the blood from the bite wound in his neck.

“Fuck Buffy…you have no idea what you’re doing to me…no idea what you’re doing…”

His hips bucked up of their own accord, his arms coming around her body to hold her to him.

Her free hand snuck it’s way down to his pants and slid the zipper downward, freeing his straining cock. He could feel her heat before he was even inside but once he was it was like fire chasing away his cold.

How long she had been drinking from him he didn’t know but with every tiny pull from her mouth he thrust into her. The pace was languid, slow and desperately erratic. Her moans where driving him crazy, the smell of his blood in the air and the knowledge that it was being consumed by her only made him harder, more desperate than he had ever been in his entire existence.

It was only when she whispered ‘mine’ that he came, roaring and crying and using his hands to slam her down gently but quickly until his cock had nothing more to give, and then he was hers.


Chapter End Notes:
so, i hope you guys liked it, the next chapter's gonna be smut but they're also gonna talk about what went down in this one