Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks as always to Kristi for betaing for me, you're the greatest, and to Sotia for looking at this chapter too. Also a big thanks to all of you who have reviewed, you make my day complete!
Chapter 11

*Flashback*

It had been a few days since Spike and Buffy had gazed at the stars, everything had been going well. Since their first night together, Buffy had become more open with her body, as she and Spike explored all their different pleasure spots. Both were learning new things about each other every day. Just the day before, Buffy had discovered Spike had a secret desire to watch Passions. She had laughed and thought he was joking when he had turned it on, but at the look she had been given, she had never laughed again. Spike even went so far as to tape the episodes that he had missed.

Buffy stood in front of the mirror, making the final adjustments to her make-up and hair when the doorbell rang. “I’ll get it!” she shouted as she grabbed her purse and made her way down the stairs to the front door. Opening it, she smiled when she saw her boyfriend.

“Hey, luv.” He grinned as he wrapped his arms around her and gave her a sweet kiss.

“Hey, Spike, so where are we going?” Buffy decided if he wasn’t telling her, she was just going to have to ask.

“Now, now, pet. It’s a surprise. Can’t spoil it, can I?” He kissed her nose as she pouted, and then stepped back when he heard her father’s warning cough.

“Where are you off to tonight?” He looked from his daughter to the bleached menace at his front door.

“It’s a surprise. I’m not allowed to know,” Buffy told him and Hank just nodded.

“I want you back by 11 and no later.” He looked at Spike, his eyes telling the younger boy everything that would happen if Buffy were even one minute late.

“Yes, sir, I shall have her back by then.” Spike looked at his watch. “Best be off, kitten.” He watched her lean up to give her father a kiss on the cheek. She stepped back and linked her arm with his. “G’night, Mr. Summers!” he called over his shoulder, as he escorted Buffy to the car.


*End Flashback*

“So where am I staying tonight?” Buffy asked as Xander closed the front door. The three of them, plus Spike, Buffy thought with a sniff, had sat at the kitchen table talking about everything they missed about the old days for the past few hours. Xander even went so far as to mention the date from hell. Buffy and Spike had grinned when he mentioned it, then their faces went somber as they remembered how much love they had felt towards each other back then.

They hadn’t said a word to each other since their fight in the hall, though they gave each other looks when they thought the other wasn’t looking. All this talk of the last summer together had really hit home for the two, and they couldn’t believe how much things had changed.

“The spare room. I can show you.” Xander picked up her bags and walked towards what was to be her room for the next few weeks. “I’m sorry about Spike earlier. I should have known you wouldn’t be ready to see him yet.”

“It’s no problem, I would have to have seen him sometime anyway, better to not beat the bush, or whatever that saying is.” Buffy giggled as Xander laughed at her.

“You never were one with words were you?” he said through the laughter.

“No, that was more Spike’s…” She stopped herself and all laughter ceased. Xander just nodded and carried on to the last room on the left. Opening the door, he waved her through. It was small, but it was able to fit a double bed, a dresser and a desk.

“I’m making breakfast tomorrow, so should I call you about 9?” Xander asked.

“No, I should be up, I can’t sleep late anymore.” The silence in the room was deafening. Anya's shout for Xander broke the uncomfortable silence that had descended.

“Right, well I’ll leave you to unpack. If you want or need something, just help yourself or ask.” With another smile, Xander walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Buffy collapsed on the bed, deciding that she would unpack tomorrow. Curled up on her bed, Buffy again lost herself in a memory she’d forgotten until Xander had brought it up.

*Flashback*

“Spike, come on. Why are we walking for miles? Not that I don’t like spending time with you, but you do have a car.” Buffy really didn’t mind walking with him, it was fun even, but these weren’t the most comfortable shoes.

“We’re nearly there now, luv. And don’ you like taking walks near the beach?” He had thought it would be romantic to walk to the restaurant by the beach, but he hadn’t really thought about Buffy’s feet. “Are they killing you tha’ much?” Spike asked as she stopped to fix her shoes again.

“Yes.” Buffy barely got out her answer before she was hauled up into his arms. “Spike, what are you doing?”

“What does it look like I’m doing? I’m carrying you.”

“Yes, but why?”

“Because, your feet hurt, and me being the gentleman that I am, I’m going to carry you to your surprise. Now shut it, or I’ll carry you over my shoulder.”

Buffy giggled at the threat, and Spike smirked. He walked them the rest of the way to wherever Spike was taking her, which only took about 5 more minutes. “It’s beautiful,” Buffy whispered as she stared at the gorgeous building.

“Not as beautiful as you,” he answered, placing her back down on the ground. Buffy blushed which in turn caused Spike to grin. He loved it when she blushed. Taking her hand in his, he walked her closer to the small restaurant.

“Good evening, do you have a reservation?” A tall man dressed in black came up to them.

“Yes, we have a reservation under Giles.”

The man ran his finger down the page. “I’m sorry, but there is no Giles booked in for this evening, sir.”

“That must be a mistake, I made the booking myself for Saturday night.”

“Spike, tonight’s Friday.” Buffy put a hand to her mouth to stifle her laughter. Spike groaned as he realized his plans were ruined, this could not be happening.

“I don’ suppose you’d have a table for us, would you?”

“I’m sorry, but we’re all booked out for this evening.”

“All right, well, I’d like to cancel my booking for tomorrow then.” Spike sighed, and it was done. The two walked back outside the restaurant, where Buffy collapsed into a fit of laughter. “It ain’t funny.” He tried to keep a straight face, but really he couldn’t, it just figured. He tried to take his girl out and managed to completely screw it up, first with making her walk too far and then forgetting what day it was.

“So, what shall we do now?” She waggled her eyebrows, but Spike shook his head.

“I promised to take you out, so I will. We’ll just have to go somewhere else.”

“You’re giving up spending three hours making love just so you can take me somewhere else?” Buffy asked in surprise, she never thought that it would be him that would be giving up on the sex part of their relationship.

“No, I’m giving up three hours of making love so I can show you a good time,” Spike answered, a pout on his lips.

“Fine.” Buffy kissed him, “Where to now?”

They had spent another hour trying to find somewhere else to eat. It seemed like everyone was out tonight. Spike was cranky because they had missed their opportunity to go back to his house. Their search for food had lasted long enough that Spike’s parents would have been home for the night. They finally gave up and just headed to the Bronze to meet up with their friends. The night may have sucked, but the company sure hadn’t.


*End of Flashback*

Buffy sobbed as the memory flashed inside her head, they had had such a great relationship together, why the hell did he have to mess it all up?