Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok a big big thank you to Kristi for betaing for me! *hugs* I love you, oh and congrats on the engagement too! I hope Daisy is everything you wish and more! ;) Also a big thanks to Sotia for pre-reading and not thinking I'm a total psycho, even though i am! *hugs* love you too!
Chapter 13

“William, what are you doing in here?” Giles asked as he walked through the heavy double doors to his office to find his son sitting at his desk, playing with a paper airplane.

“Hello, Da’.” Spike looked up at Giles, his eyes bloodshot and drooping, showing signs of lack of sleep and a great consumption of alcohol.

“Are you all right son?” Giles walked to the chair in front of him and sat, waiting for an explanation of what was wrong with his son.

“No, I’ve just fucked up everything I ever wanted.” Spike sighed and Giles just looked at him to carry on. “It’s Buffy.” Giles nodded, like that could be the only reasonable cause for his son’s current state. “Shit, Da’, why did I have to be such an idiot when I was younger?” He put his face in his hands and rubbed it.

“Because you have to learn from your mistakes,” Giles explained in a calm voice; he knew this chat had to be coming soon. Even though his son had left for college and carried on with his life, had even gotten married to that awful woman, he knew that William had never given up on his first love.

“What a lot of good that did me, huh? Why did I make so many mistakes with her? I shouldn’t have tried to get anyone else to fill her spot in my heart, should I?

“Son, you know how your mother is always thinking fate brings people together? Well in this case, I agree. You have just under three weeks with the love of your life. Maybe you can give fate a hand; show Buffy a good time and let her see the man she was in love with still exists.”

“I suppose…” he mumbled, “But I doubt she even wants to look at me, let alone talk to me. I hate what I did because it hurt her so much.”

“William Alfred Giles, look at me. Since when do you quit? We Giles men have never been quitters and never will be. Stop thinking about what you did and think about what you are going to do to get her back. You obviously are trying hard, and getting rid of that…that woman is one step. Have you told her about Harmony?” At Spike’s wince, Giles knew the answer.

“I don’t think she’s ready to hear about Harmony.”

“She’s not ready to hear, or you’re not ready to tell?” Spike just sighed again and Giles stood up, “When you’re ready to handle this properly, come talk to me.” With that he left the room, leaving Spike to his thoughts, hopefully with some understanding of what he should do.

Spike sat silently at his father’s desk. He needed this time to think about exactly how he was going to do this, How do you get the woman you love back after breaking her heart?

*~*~*~*~*

Buffy stood on a pedestal being poked and prodded for her first dress fitting today; to her right was Willow, Tara to her left, both being treated to the same manhandling she was suffering through.

What Anya had chosen couldn’t even be called a color, more like a junkie’s nightmare. The radioactive material just screamed to be thrown up on, but Anya didn’t seem to care.

“You guys are going to look so perfect when you are walking down the aisle,” Anya gushed as she played with the hem of their dresses. The three girls just shared a look.

“Of course they will, and you shall be the queen of them all.” A bubbly, good looking man walked up and kissed Anya on both cheeks.

“Oh, Lorne, I know!” Anya smiled at his compliments.

“And who are these lovely ladies?” He looked from Tara to Willow to Buffy. The three girls giggled and he smiled. “I don’t know how you do it.” Lorne spoke to the red head.

“Do what?” Willow asked, yelping when one of the women stuck a pin in her side.

“Sorry,” the woman apologized.

“Go without men.”

Willow blushed, “How did you know?”

“Oh sweetie, it’s one of my charms, I can read anyone that walks through those doors. But you obviously chose the right one.” He stared pointedly at Tara, who just blushed.

“It’s why I chose him, he always knows what I want!” Anya said and Lorne smiled and looked to Buffy.

“Who is he?” Lorne laughed at her confused look, “the guy who has obviously done something terrible, but you don’t know what to do.”

“How…?” Buffy left her question unfinished.

“Like I said, it’s my gift, now tell Uncle Lorne everything. Madeline, Danielle and Scarlett, you can leave us to it.” Lorne shooed the girls away and walked out of the room himself, coming back with two bottles of champagne and 5 glasses. They were going to have a party and this story would be the heart of it, he just knew it.

*~*~*~*~*

Earlier that day, Xander had asked Spike to meet him at the Bronze around six, to play a few games of pool. They had been at it for two hours; Spike had won the previous six games and was currently winning the seventh. As Spike lined up for his shot, Xander’s cell rang. Spike stopped what he was doing and leaned on the pool cue, waiting for his best friend’s conversation to be over.

“Hi, Ahn…but I thought you all went for the dress fittings today…but I didn’t drive tonight…fine, we’ll pick you up in about twenty minutes.” Xander closed his phone and sighed. “Change of plans.”

“What?” Spike looked at Xander, confused.

“Looks like we have to pick up the girls from the dressmaker’s because they have definitely had too much to drink.”

“Huh?” Spike was so confused, why were they drinking in a shop?

“You haven’t met Lorne yet, have you? Anya’s dressmaker is hard to say no to, it’s why I’m paying so much for her dress. Now come on; your car, you’re driving.”

Spike and Xander parked in front of the store. They got out of the car, and heard the women before they saw them. The giggling and shouting audible from the street was unmistakably the very women they had come to collect. They walked inside and saw Buffy and Anya giggling on the floor, staring up at a man walking on the makeshift catwalk clients used to show off their dresses.

“Well, look at this, ladies, we have male company. Very male.” He winked at Spike and then stumbled a bit.

“SPIKE!!!” Buffy laughed, standing up on wobbly legs and running into his arms, leaving Spike looking confused.

“Buffy, I think you should have cut it short a long time ago.” Spike pushed her away to arm’s length and stared into her eyes. Over her shoulder he could see Xander picking up Anya and helping her back to the car.

“But I feel good now, Spike.” Buffy giggled again and nearly fell over. If it weren’t for Spike holding her up, she would have.

“Where’re Red and Glinda?” He questioned looking for the couple, but didn’t get a response from the drunk Buffy.

“So, you’re the little one who broke her heart?” Lorne grinned and walked towards the two of them. “I’m going to be in my office if you need me.” He stumbled away and left the two blonds to themselves.

“Do you still love me, Spike?” Buffy had made her way closer to him again, and Spike couldn’t stand it.

“Buffy, you’re drunk. Please can we just leave this until tomorrow and get you home now?” Spike tried to drag her out the door, but she wouldn’t follow.

“Are you afraid of me?” She pouted and Spike’s sense of mind left, there was no way she was playing with him.

She’s drunk, she doesn’t know what’s she’s doing, do not fall for this, Spike thought. “No, now come on, Buffy, Xander is waiting for us in the car.”

“I’ll go, but only if you kiss me first.” She looked at him coyly and Spike thought that maybe she was playing this, before he realized that she wouldn’t. She had told him that they had to wait. And now he had a decision to make: Did he mess everything up and kiss her, maybe have one night with her again, or did he walk away feeling a lot more frustrated, but better inside? Screw it


Chapter End Notes:
Ok, it's not what you think, promise, and now without further ado, please review? *bats eyelashes*