Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you so much to my new beta Tanit, if she didn't help me it would suck! lol! so thanx so much K. Anyway, please read and review to let me know what you think. Also, i won't be here next week so this will be the last till about Wednesday, sorry! Don't hate me! :)
As soon as Buffy walked through the front door, she sat down on the couch. She had just spent her first day in the little diner down the road called ‘Magic’s’. She had eaten there a few times with her friends and parents, but she never realized how hard it would be to work there.

She and another waitress, Faith, who was 19 and had been working there for the past 2 years, seemed to get on really well, laughing and joking as they served their tables.

Buffy was glad her first day was over though, as she took off her shoes and rubbed her aching feet.

“Buffy.” Her mother called to her.

“In here mom.” Buffy replied, watching Joyce walk into the living room.

“A boy named William called earlier, he said that he will be here at 7.30 rather than 8 because he would have his car after all, or something like that. Anyway, I told him that sounded okay.” Joyce smiled, but Buffy’s face drop. She only had an hour to get ready. Thanking her mom unenthusiastically, she ran up the stairs to jump into the shower.

Once dry, she dressed in a red halter neck top and low rising black jeans, the only going out type clothes she had. Note to self, spend tips on shopping. After this came the tricky part, shoes. Unlike her clothes, Buffy spent all the cash she got on her shoes, because it was the only thing that she liked to shop for. After a few minutes, she had it narrowed down to two pairs, a pair of red flat pumps with a black bow, or a pair of red stiletto sandals. After another 5 minutes, she picked the stilettos, as they made her look much taller then she actually was.

At this point, it was already 7.10 and she still needed to put curls in her hair and do her makeup. He’ll wait Buffy hoped, as she picked up the heated curling iron and began to fix her hair.

Ten minutes later, Spike was sitting in his car outside her house, knee shaking and trying to build up the courage to get out of the car and walk up to the house. You’re being a git, he thought to himself, A bloody poof, just get out of the car.

It was then that he started to think about what Buffy would look like. He had never seen her when she had really put an effort into herself, but that was why he asked her out. If someone could look that cute when she was going to school, she probably looked 10 times better going out. He knew she never saw herself that way, just by the way she wasn’t effected as every guys eyes trailed on her as she walked past. So, he planned on telling her every chance he got on how lucky he was.

Glancing at his watch, he realized it was nearly 7.30 so he got out of the car, walked up the drive and knocked at the door.

“Who are you?” A man in his forties answered the door, he was obviously just back from work, as his tie was hanging loosely around his neck. Looking at Spike’s black Mercedes Benz and back again, he raised an eyebrow, looking very intimidating.

“Em, I’m William! I’m taking Buffy to the bronze tonight.” The way the older man was eyeing him made Spike feel naked, and not in a good way.

“Hank! Let the poor boy in!” Joyce chastised her husband. “I’m sorry, he forgot to take his medicine, I’m Joyce.” She smiled kindly, and Spike smiled back as he shook her hand.

“Will.” He replied.

“I’ll just go check on Buffy.” Joyce walked up the stairs, leaving the two men by themselves.

“What are your intentions toward my daughter?” There was the eyebrow again, Spike did it himself a fair few times but only now realized how intimidating it could be.

“Well I… well…” Rubbing the back of his neck, Spike began to feel extremely nervous. Luckily, Buffy chose that time to walk down the stairs.

“Hi Spike!” Buffy smiled, which made her green eyes sparkle.

“Hey kitten, you ready to go?” He forgot about her father as he watched this goddess before him walk down the stairs. Buffy blushed under his intense gaze.

“Sure, I’ll just grab a coat. Bye dad.” She kissed him on the cheek after she grabbed her coat.

“Goodbye Mr. Summers.” Spike nodded his head as they went to leave.

“Be back by 11 Buffy.” Hank called as he watched them walk down the porch steps and to his car.

“I hope you didn’t grill him too bad.” Joyce warned.

“Who, me?!” Hank grinned innocently.

“What am I going to do with you?”

*~*~*~*~*

When they arrived at the Bronze, they walked through the crowded club to find a table to sit at. Once Buffy was seated, Spike went up to the bar to get something to drink.

“Here you go, luv.” Spike smiled, handing her a soda.

“Thanks!” Buffy said shyly. Once they got over their shyness, they talked about their day and then what they wanted to do when they left school.

“Well, I know that the only place I will be accepted is UCS.” Spike said and Buffy frowned.

“You never know, you still have another year to go, and believe me a lot can happen! I know I’m going to apply to as many colleges that I can…” Spike watched her as she spoke enthusiastically about her plans for college, nodding and smiling at the right places. God she was so great when she was like this, talking about something she loved. “…Spike?” Shaking his head internally Spike looked at her, what had she just asked?

“Huh?” Was the only thing he could think of at that moment to say. He was glad when he saw her giggle and blush.

“I asked if you wanted to go dance.” He nodded, and they both headed to the dance floor, just when a slow dance came on. Taking hold of her waist, Spike pulled her close. He inhaled the scent of vanilla, a scent which had teased him every day in English. God, if she only knew what she does to me, he thought. Neither noticed as one song changed into another, both were just wrapped up in each others company.

Pulling back, Spike looked down into Buffy’s eyes to see the intensity that he felt himself starring back at him. At that moment he knew he would never give this girl up for anything and bent his head down to give her a chaste kiss, surprising her so she gave a little “Oh,” into his lips, allowing him to slip his tongue inside. It may have started out soft and chaste but it soon heated up and then they were both moaning into each others mouths.

“Get a room!” Some loud mouthed teen shouted, forcing the two to separate. Between the kiss and being the center of attention, Buffy felt a blush bloom all over her body.

“Em, I’d better be getting you back, pet. Don’t want your da’ to castrate me on the first date!” He smirked and Buffy giggled again. God if she kept doing that he would combust, he already felt his pants tighten from the kiss. Taking her hand in his, the two left the club and headed to his car.

Once they were back at her house, Spike opened her car door and walked the few yards to her door, giving a kiss on both cheeks and her nose, “I’ll call you soon kitten!” And he walked off smiling. Life was good!

Once Buffy made sure that the door was closed, she jumped up and down and squealed, not caring if Spike could still hear her, she was over the moon.

“Nice night honey?” Her mothers voice came from the living room.

“Mmm hmmm.” Was all Buffy could answer as she ran up the stairs to her room, now this was something that she had to e-mail Willow about