Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again to Kristi, who was so great to beta this for me. Next chapter should be up soon. Sorry about the wait for this! lol!
"So, pet, I was wonderin'… I have two tickets to a concert next weekend in L.A." At Buffy's shocked face he quickly continued, "We can have separate rooms in the hotel, don' want you to feel pressured."

"It's not that, it's just… I thought you would invite your friends or something." They were sitting by a lake, having a picnic. True to her own words, Buffy spent her tips on clothes. Spike loved the way she looked; it made her look more beautiful now that she wore things that actually suited her.

"We've been dating for nearly a month now, Buffy, and I feel that we should do stuff we like together. So, I booked tickets to the ballet as well, 'cause you've been on about it since we met!" he grinned shyly.

Buffy was gobsmacked. "Oh my god, Spike!" She laughed as she pounced on top of him for a hug. Her dress shot up giving him a better view of her gorgeous, tanned legs. Kissing him, soft kisses quickly turned passionate, leaving the two breathless, Spike's hands playing with the bow on her lower back. "You don't need to get two rooms," she whispered as they broke apart. Spike looked at her in shock, unsure if he had heard her correctly. "I'm ready."

They hadn't really discussed the sex part of the relationship, as they both knew that she was a virgin and he was not, but he knew that she would tell him when she was ready and she trusted him not to go too far.

"Are you sure?" He asked timidly. God please say yes, he thought.

"Yes!" She smiled.

"Oh, Buffy, I love you." As soon as it was out Spike put a hand over his mouth, he didn't think she was ready to hear it yet.


"It's okay, Spike, I…I love you too!" They spent the next hour just sitting there, holding each other, loving the way they were together.

*~*~*~*~*

When next weekend came, both Spike and Buffy were nervous, though they would never admit it. Spike was nervous because the last time he had felt anything like this before, he had been rejected and abused by his first, Drusilla Blacksdale. They had been together a year when he found out that he was not her only boyfriend at the time, it was why he and his family had moved to America, and he never spoke to anyone about it.

To actually be allowed to go to L.A this weekend, Buffy had asked Faith if she could say that she was staying there for a few days for some girlie fun, including watching movies and eating ice cream. She then arranged with Faith to swap shifts, so that she could get the time off work.

They had decided to meet at his house, as she knew her dad wouldn't believe their cover if he collected her. Buffy had never been to Spike's home before. She wasn't sure why he had been so cautious about it, even after all this time. Little did she know that it was in fact because he was afraid that maybe he would never find someone who was faithful, even though it had only been one girl. He had given her directions and soon she was on his street looking at the houses and she realized why he was a bit cautious. The houses on the street were huge; you couldn't even call them houses, more like multi-million dollar mansions! Her family wasn't the richest on the block, but they could live a good life; Spike however must have enough money to live ten lives and still have money left over, if his house was any indication to his wealth.

She called his phone, as he had asked her too and he opened the gates for her.

"Just ring the doorbell when you get there, love, my mum will answer. I still have a few things to do." She did as instructed, but was surprised when instead of a woman opening the door, a man did; a man that could only be Spike's father. He had all the same features of his son. It was clear where Spike had gotten his good looks.

"You must be Buffy. I'm Rupert Giles, William's father." Shaking her hand, he welcomed her into their home.

"Pleased to meet you, Mr. Giles," Buffy smiled sweetly.

"Oh please, call me Giles, everyone does," he returned her smile as he watched her blush.

"Okay, Giles." It was weird, but she thought she would get used to it.

"So, where's our son whisking you to this weekend?" Giles asked as soon as they made it into the living room, indicating for Buffy to take a seat on the expensive looking couch.

"L.A., for a concert, and then we're going to the ballet." Buffy replied, just as a tall slim woman walked into the room.

"Ah, Buffy! I've been waiting so long to meet you. William is always singing your praises." Buffy stood up to shake her hand also, but instead she got a hug. "I'm Jenny, William's mum!"

"Hi!" Buffy smiled towards the woman. Giles could see why his son was in love with her; she was so lovely, warm, and polite.

"Hey, pet," Spike called from the entrance, after watching his mother welcome her.

"Hey!" Buffy's smile widened when she saw Spike enter the room. Giles saw the looks the two were giving each other, and was sure this was a relationship that would last. He was happy for his son; after Drusilla, Spike deserved to be with a girl who loved him as much as Buffy obviously did.

"You ready to go, kitten?"

"Yes," She replied.

"Have fun, William. Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Giles winked at them playfully. God, Buffy had not thought that Spike's family would be like this; they were so friendly and welcoming.

"Rupert!" Jenny thumped him in the arm. She, Spike, and Buffy began to laugh as Giles sulked. "So, which car are you going to take, Will?"

"I'm gonna take my baby for this trip."

"William, the reason she went into the shop was because she's about to explode. You can't take this lovely girl in that death trap," Jenny scorned.

"Hey, don't say that about my DeSoto, she's my baby."

Buffy was confused now, what were they talking about? "I thought you had a Mercedes Benz," she asked.

"No, that's one of my da's cars, mine was in the shop," Spike smiled. Right, so that explained the whole thing her mom had tried to tell her about Spike and his car on their first date!

"Oh," Buffy responded. "Let's take a look at this death trap then," Buffy said as she headed to the door.

My girl can be feisty when she wants Spike thought. Jenny laughed as she and Giles followed the two to the garage.

Once inside, Buffy looked in awe at all the expensive looking cars, expecting one of them to be his DeSoto. When they got to the end of the line up, she laughed. The bumper was falling off, and it looked like it couldn't go more than two feet without falling off its wheels.

"Hey, don' laugh at my baby."

"I thought I was your baby," Buffy pouted. She then blushed when she remembered his parents were there.

"Oh, kitten, you will always be my number one baby." He smirked, putting his tongue behind his teeth making him look good enough to die for. Trying not to swoon, Buffy just smiled as he pulled her close and pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

"Well, I think that settles it then, you have to take something else. Obviously the lady doesn't like the ride," Giles smirked. God! Buffy thought, How can two people be so alike? Never had any father and son she had met looked and acted so similarly.

"But the Merc is too uncomfortable when driving for too long," Spike pouted. It wasn't the first time she had seen him do it and she wanted to kiss it off him, like she usually would, but couldn't.

"You can take the BMW if you want." Giles pointed to an expensive looking red car.

"No, I think we should take the DeSoto. I'm sure it'll be great," Buffy said.

Spike shot her a grin, "Knew I loved you for a reason, now I know it's because you have great taste."

"God, do you always have to be cocky?" Buffy teased as she brought her lips to his, kissing him gently. Jenny and Giles looked on in admiration; their son had found a keeper.

"Alrigh', see ya later, Mum, Da'!" Spike said as he grabbed their bags and put them in the trunk. After helping Buffy into her seat, he walked to the other side of the car and got in. Gently running his hands over the dashboard, Spike addressed the Desoto fondly, "We're goin' for a trip girl. Now this is Buffy…"

Could he be any cuter? Buffy thought as he spoke to the car. She learned something new everyday about her boyfriend, and that was the way she liked it!