Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks again to Kristi, who is the greatest beta! Ok, just to warn you, even thought i have put a warning up on this fic now, this has Spike/other, so please dont hate me ok! Just trust me to make everything better again. i promise it will do soon enough, but there may be a bit more angst. Oh and read and review please!
Chapter 6

Ten Years Later

“Buffy, my main woman!” A tall, large man with an Irish accent smiled as he walked into her small gallery.

“Hi, Angel!” She giggled as he picked her up and spun her around. “How’s Cordy today?”

“Good, I think the trying-to-kill-me-phase of the pregnancy has passed. Thank Jesus!” Angel said with relief, sending Buffy into a heap of giggles. Angel was her cousin, who, when she first moved to Ireland all those years ago, had helped her through leaving her friends behind. Even though he was a few years older than her, and in college, the two became close friends.

After Buffy finished studying Art five years ago, they both moved to L.A. Buffy opened her own gallery and Angel joined the famous law firm, Wolfram & Hart. With Angel working for the same law firm as Spike, Buffy figured it was only a matter of time before their paths crossed. When she learned that Spike had been transferred to the London offices shortly before she had moved back to L.A., she felt a little relieved. They had kept up the writing to each other for about a year, but after awhile, the emails and letters became infrequent to non-existent, and so, 15 months after her departure, their relationship had stopped completely.

It was through work that Angel met his wife, Cordelia Chase. Her father was a partner in the law firm. They had been married for two years when Cordy first became pregnant. Now a year after giving birth to their first child, she was heavily pregnant again.

She had kept in touch with Willow the whole time she lived in Ireland, as she was the only one to answer her emails. She was now a part of the Science faculty at UCLA, and the two lived very near to each other. Buffy had been surprised when she found out her best friend was gay, but she had been happy for her. When she met Tara, Buffy knew why someone would give up men for her. She was a shy kindergarten teacher, and she was pretty, with long, flowing, blonde hair.

When Buffy heard that Xander now owned his own construction company, she hadn’t been the least bit surprised. He had always been good in woodwork and metal work. Buffy and Willow met with Xander and Anya about once a month to catch up. It was great that they were still really close, even if they didn’t live so close to one another anymore. What had surprised her, though, was the fact that Xander had kept in touch with Spike; the two had become close through the rest of high school and college. The friendship continued even after Spike and Wesley had moved back to London, to work at the Wolfram & Hart offices there.

“So, what can I help you with?” Buffy looked pointedly at her cousin.

“Right, straight to the point. Okay, I can do that. I was, well, Cordy and I were wondering …” Angel babbled.

“Get on with it already!” Buffy laughed, she never knew why he was always so nervous when he had to ask her something.

“If you could look after Connor for a while tonight. I know it’s short notice, but I kind of forgot. It’s a big dinner thing for everyone at the law firm, so we can meet the new partner. We shouldn’t be too long, and you can stay over too; I know our house is closer to here then yours.”

“I don’t know…” Buffy teased. Angel looked like he might cry; obviously Cordy had bitten his head off for leaving it to the last minute. “Of course I will, I never miss a chance to spend time with my godson.” Buffy laughed as she saw the relief flood through his face.

“Oh, thank you, Buffy. The meal is at eight so if you could be at our house for about seven, that would be great!” Angel gleamed with joy.

“Sure. I’ll see you later then.” Kissing her on the cheek, Angel turned around and left the store.

As soon as the door had closed properly, the phone rang.

“Hello, Summers Gallery.”

“SQUEEEEEE!” A very high-pitched voice shouted down the phone, making Buffy take it away and rub her ear.

“Ow, okay, now that hurt, Anya.” Buffy grimaced.

“Sorry!” Anya apologized, “but I had to tell you, me and Xander have set the date! We’re finally getting married.” Anya squealed again.

“Okay, Anya, if you don’t stop that, my ear is going to bleed.” Buffy informed her.

“Sorry!” Anya apologized yet again.

“That’s great news!” Buffy beamed, she was happy that they were finally getting married.

“And it’s only 2 months away, so I want you to be my bridesmaid, we can have a great bachelorette party and get drunk and have many orgasms.”

“Anya! You’re marrying Xander, you can’t have other people giving you orgasms!” Buffy laughed.

“Oh, not for me, for you. I’m sure the stripper will be hot enough for you,” Anya laughed whilst Buffy blushed.

“Okay, Anya, I’m hanging up now. Oh, and yes, I will be your bridesmaid.” The two girls then said their goodbyes as a customer walked into the gallery. Now if only I could find someone who wants to be with me forever.

*~*~*~*~*

Spike sat at his desk, looking through files when he heard a knock on his door.

“Come in!” he called absentmindedly. As the door opened, he looked up and smirked as his new receptionist walked in. “Take a seat, luv.” He winked and she blushed.

“Mr. Giles, we shouldn’t be doing this. It’s wrong, you’re married,” Katrina, the receptionist, explained.

“Ah pet, what you don’t get is, the marriage is failing. I promise, it will be just perfect. What’s the worst that could happen? I’ve seen you watching me, know you want me.” Standing up, he walked around and sat in front of her on his desk, so his crotch was directly in her line of sight. He watched as she licked her lips.

“I know you want me, now come and get me!” He laughed, grabbing her by the shoulders and hauling her up, kissing her with as much passion as he was trying to get rid of. Neither noticed the sound of stilettos approaching from the hall, nor the opening of the door, but both heard as a voice screamed.

Spike’s wife stood in the doorway, dressed head-to-toe in pink, with an outraged expression on her face. “I KNEW IT!” It was high pitched and echoed through the office, which made all the workers outside stop and listen.

“Harm, it isn’t what it looks like!” Spike pushed the model-like woman in front of him away.

“One week, that’s all it’s been, one week. Can you not keep it in your pants?” Harmony looked at him with ice-cold eyes. Katrina, caught in the middle, was looking for an opportunity to escape the situation. She sighed with relief when the phone rang, providing the perfect excuse to leave the arguing couple.

“I swear, baby, it wasn’t what it looked like. She came onto me,” Spike insisted.

“Really?” That’s why Spike liked her; she was so dumb that even if he had to be married, he could still sleep around.

“Yes, baby, I swear.” He walked up and wrapped his arms around her, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

“Okay, blondie bear. I’ll see you at home then.” Harmony smiled, stretched up to give him a kiss, and then walked out the office door. She looks like a bleeding lollipop.

“Mr. Giles, a Xander Harris is on the phone,” Katrina’s voice intruded on his thoughts. Walking over to the phone, he picked it up.

“Hey, man! Long time no speak! How’s it hanging?” Xander asked.

“A little to the left, but what can you do? So, what’s with the phone call?” Spike picked up his pack of cigarettes, lighting one up and blowing out the smoke.

“Nothing, man, just that I’m getting married!” Xander laughed as he heard Spike choke over the phone.

“So, she finally made you see sense then, Harris?” Spike smiled, thinking of how Anya could be so determined.

“She did indeed. Listen, I was wondering, would you be my best man?” He sounded kind of nervous and Spike smirked.

“Of course I will, whelp, s’long as I don’ have ta do anything, ‘cept maybe organize your bachelor party.”

“That’s all you’ll have to do! There’s just one more thing I should probably tell you about.”

“What’s that?” Spike asked, sitting behind his desk again.

“Buffy’s going to be Anya’s bridesmaid.” Xander heard the phone drop to the floor.

Ok, What do you think???