Author's Chapter Notes:
Please review!!!!
I would like to thank cordykitten for reading and reviewing all the chapters and ann for reviewing my first chapter I posted on this website. Thank you for reading.
Buffy unlocked and opened the door, leaving it open for Spike, she stopped when she didn’t hear his heavy footfalls following, after her, she turned around. Spike was standing in the open doorway, staring at her, with a slight smile on his face.

“Is something wrong?” Buffy asked curiously.

“No pet. Just thinking about what a lucky bloke I am,” Spike answered, curling his tongue behind his teeth, while looking her up and down. She smiled at the comment and looked down at her shoes.

Spike stepped in and closed the door behind him. He sauntered his way over to Buffy, softly cupped her jaw in his hand, tilted her head up, and kissed her.

They were interrupted by the sound of a throat clearing. They quickly broke apart, and saw Joyce starring at them with an eyebrow raised and a slight smile.

“Who wants hot chocolate?” Joyce asked softly so as not to wake Dawn.


Buffy, Spike, and Joyce sat around the kitchen island, drinking hot chocolate with those little marshmallows.

“So,” Joyce paused, and looked from Buffy to Spike, with amusement dancing in her eyes, “Is there something you want to tell me?”

“Well,” Buffy started with a slight blush coloring her cheeks, “We, er, um, me and Spike, are together.” She finished, stuttering a little.

“When did this happen?” Joyce asked curiously.

“Tonight,” Buffy answered with a slight smile.

“OK, good that means you weren’t hiding your relationship,” Joyce said, “Wait what happened to Riley?” She asked.

“I broke up with him because, I like Spike, and he was trying to control me. He was also saying some things that I won’t repeat.” Buffy finished with firm nod of her head.

‘Dear god, she’s cute when she does that,’ Spike thought, staring at her with a slight almost dazed expression.

‘Must’ve been about the Scooby’s and us,’ Joyce thought.

“Spikes sister showed up, and Xander and Riley both jumped to conclusions, saying that she was a vamp, and when….” Joyce interrupted asking.

“Wait, Spike has a sister?”

“Well, technically, she’s not, but I’ve raised her since she was four, ‘cause her parents were killed when a group of demons attacked them. Never could figure out why they were attacked in the first place.” The bleached brit answered, finishing the last part with a confused expression.

“OK,” Joyce paused taking in all that she had just heard, “Buffy what else happened?”

“OK, well when I tried to tell them she wasn’t, Riley started trying to do my job for me, and then looked like a wounded puppy, (though, you know, not as cute,) when I told him he was wrong. Then I dumped him, not in front of everyone, I’m not that mean, I took him into the training room, gave him all the reasons we couldn’t be together anymore, the main reason being I liked Spike more then I ever liked him. He asked if I was breaking up with him, I said yes, then I heard Xander yell for help, we ran out, and found Angel, (yes mom Angels here,) who had Xander pinned up against a wall, apparently Charlie,(that’s Spikes sister’s name), well, apparently she said that I was breaking up with Riley, so Xander said she was an idiot for saying such a thing, and well both Spike and Angel got pissed, but since Spike has that chip in his head he couldn’t do anything, Angel got all the action. Then Riley said something’s and left ‘cause he got scared, with everyone but Xander, (who was still wondering why I broke up with Riley,) started ganging up on him.” Buffy finished.

“The last time you talked that fast, was when you talked about the ‘Will Be Done’ spell Willow did that made you and Spike become engaged.” Joyce said, smiling softly.

“MOM,” Buffy yelled, “Why did you say that?” She hissed.

“What, you don’ want me to know that you thought of our faux spelled engagement as much as I did?” Spike asked.

“You thought about it?” Buffy softly asked back.

“Yeah, it’s not every day a bloke gets engaged to a beautiful woman,” Spike answered, making her blush. “Wait, I thought you had Red do a forgettin’ spell on you?”

“Well, ya’ see, I only said that to make you think I wasn’t going to remember it, so then you wouldn’t bring it up, ‘cause I thought if you knew that I turned Willow down when she asked, that you would tease me, bring it up every day, and remind me that I was happy under the spell with you, and that I would never have you. That’s the main reason I started to go out with Riley.” Buffy answered. ‘Why do I keep giving these long winded answers?’ She thought.

“That’s why you went out with Capt’n Cardboard?” Spike asked with an incredulous look on his face. At her nod he asked, “Why the sudden change now?”

“Because I got enough courage to take the plunge, even if you didn’t say yes or want anything to do with me I would’ve been able to say that I tried, after coming home, curling up in bed, and shedding tears of grief, and despair.” Buffy finished, mumbling the last bit.

Her mom and Spike looked at her with shocked expressions on their faces. “Wow,” Spike mumbled, then took a deep unnecessary breath, and shot a look towards the kitchen door, “We have company, in the form of a bite size girl.” Spike said in a deep whisper.

Buffy got up walked over toward the door quietly, and then pushed it open, earning an “Ow” from the other side.

“Dawn, why were you listening to our conversation?” Asked Buffy in big sister mode.

“I-I-I, came down for a glass of water and didn’t hear a thing,” Dawn stated defiantly, “Hi Spike.”

“How are you Nibblet?” He asked.

“Good,” she said walking over toward the cupboard to get a glass. “Sooo, I didn’t know you had a sister.” She said conversationally, while filling her glass with water.

“I knew it, you were listening in,” Buffy growled, about to attack her sister, when a pair of strong arms wrapped around her waist.

“Now, now pet, she was just curious, and now you don’t have to explain everything again,” Spike said, calming her down.

“I know, it’s just annoying when she listens in on my conversations, ‘cause sometimes it has to do with Slayer things, and she’s to young to be involved or even want to be involved,” Buffy sighed.

“I got Charlie involved when she was six. I started training her in combat, and I also started teaching her demonology, and normal school stuff.” Spike said.

‘Wow, he’s hotand smart,’ Buffy thought, and then said, “You taught her? Wow, and all this time I thought you were nothing more then a pretty face.” Buffy went over cupped his face in her hands, and gave him a quick peck on the lips, she pulled back and asked, “Wait, if you were her teacher, then how come all the plans you made to kill me, always backfired?”

“You were too cute to really try to kill, and what, did you think I would put her in public school? I don’t think so, it’s during the day and I wasn’t going to be able to pick her up and drop her off, and besides that what about parent/teacher conferences? I wouldn’t have been able to go.” Spike finished.

“You are so sweet,” Buffy said, turning around in his arms to look at him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, stood up on tiptoes, and kissed him.

“Ewwww, gross, do you have to kiss in front of me? That is sooo gross.” Dawn asked, with a disgusted look on her face, making Buffy, (who had forgotten her mom and little sister were in the room), blush, and Spike and Joyce laugh at her facial expression.

“What? It’s gross seeing my sister kissing....anything.” Dawn said.

“Hey!!!!” Buffy cried.

“When you get older, and start dating, Buffy’s going to do that to you Dawn.” Joyce told her youngest daughter, with a small smile.

“No she won’t,” Spike said firmly, and after he saw the confused faces around the kitchen he elaborated, “Buffy’s not going to be giving Dawn disgusted looks when she kisses someone, ’cause she won’t be kissing anyone like that or at all. She’s too young.” Spike finished.

“That is sooo not fair,” Dawn exclaimed. “Your, like, a hundred years older then Buffy!” She whined.

“She’s right Spike,” Buffy told him, then asked, “Were you like that with Charlie?”

“What do you mean were? I still am. She’s too young to date, and always will be.” Spike said.

“You actually think she hasn’t started dating already?” Buffy asked in amusement.

IF she starts dating then I’m going to meet the pillock, and threaten to kill him if he doesn’t tell me how he forced her to say yes,” Spike answered definitely.

There was a knock at the door, “I’ll get it,” Joyce said.

Buffy, Dawn, and Spike only nodded, since they were so caught up in their argument. “You can’t tell me if and when I can date,” Dawn angrily told Spike.

“Oh god Spike, are you trying to tell her how evil and horrible men are, so she won’t date? ‘Cause I’ll tell you now, if she listens to you, she’ll turn gay.” Charlie told her brother with a firm nod, while walking over and giving him a hug.

“Hey little sis, how are…..” Spike paused and said, “Oh shit, Charlie I’m sorry, I completely forgot you didn’t know where my crypt is,”

Charlie cut Spike off, and informed him that she already had a place to stay.

“Where?” Spike asked getting a bad taste in the back of his throat.

“With me,” Angel answered, coming up behind Charlie, and wrapping his strong arms around her small waste.

“Angel?” The blond/brunette asked sweetly.

“Yes?” He asked back, with a smile forming on his lips.

“If you don’t get your grubby, undead hands off of me, I’ll stake you in your sleep,” she told him smiling sweetly, while glaring, at him.

Angel quickly but grudgingly let go of her. “Sorry,” he sighed out.

“O.K. Peaches what’s going on? You haven’t degraded me, yet, in fact you stuck up for me, and then practically pushed me out the door, to catch Buffy. And now you’ve takin’ a likin’ to my little sister. So I ask again, Angelus, WHAT THE BLEEDIN’ HELL, IS GOIN’ ON?” Spike asked/yelled.

“I think I can explain the part about Angel pushing you to go after me, but, the rest I have absolutely no clue about,” Buffy told Spike, smiling, “O.K. well, about a month or so ago, I called Angel to see how things were going in L.A., he asked how me and Riley were doing, and I told him I was thinking about dumping him, ‘cause it just wasn’t working anymore, or if it ever was. He said ‘Maybe the fact it isn’t working is because you liked someone else, before you went out with him,’ I asked, ‘Who are you talking about?’ And he said, ‘Spike’. I asked why he would think that, and he told me maybe Riley couldn’t satisfy the Slayer part of me, I told him ‘Maybe I need a little monster in my man’, he told me Spike was probably perfect for me, ‘cause we’re opposites and he can control his demon. I let it slip that I’ve had a little crush on Spike for awhile, and he told me I should give him a chance, after I break-up with Riley,” Buffy paused, “I agreed. Then about a week ago he called and told me, he met someone that made him smile, which is a feat, only thing was, she hated him.” She told them with a smile.

Charlie glanced over at Angel, while her brother was questioning the Slayer about when and how long she’s had a crush on him, she had to do a double take to see that, Angel was starring at her. They locked eyes, and he blew her a kiss. She looked away in disgust.

Spike had looked over right when Angel blew the kiss, “Hey Peaches, how do you know Charlie? And how long have you known her?” He asked.

“We met about a week ago,” Angel answered with a grin, not taking his eyes off Charlie.

“So is Charlie the girl that made you smile, and not brood so much?” Buffy asked happily.

“Yes, she is,” Angel answered, still not looking away from the blond/brunette woman standing before him. It was really starting to freak her out.

“Why are you starring at me?” Charlie asked in a little voice, unconsciously taking a step back.

“I’m starring at you, because,” Angel paused taking a step towards her.

‘Why aren’t I moving?’ Charlie asked herself.

“You,” another step.

‘Come on you stupid feet, MOVE!!!’ She mentally yelled at her feet.

“Are,” another step.

‘You’re not moving, ‘cause you don’t won’t to,’ her traitorous mind told her.

“Extremely,” another step, making him stand not even two inches away from her. He bent down, and whispered in her ear, “Beautiful,” then, when he was moving his head away from hers, his lips barely grazed her cheek. He took a step back, and grinned at her.

Charlie’s eyes held a slightly glazed look. ‘Good God, this guys a smooth talker,’ the evil part of her mind told her. “Oh, dear, God,” she whispered.