Author's Chapter Notes:
Glad you all enjoyed the last chapter! Definitely a fun one to write. I appreciate your reviews so much, enjoy this chapter! (PS I'm heading out of town so depending on internet access at my sister's new apartment, I may or may not be posting again until Sunday night.)
Buffy awoke to the bright mid-morning sun, stretching languidly as she slowly opened her eyes. She reached over and turned off her alarm.

She’d slept well, dreaming dreams filled with nothing but Spike. Spike naked, Spike clothed, Spike in HER clothes, which was a weird dream. Her waking thoughts in the harsh light of day were no different, except now, those thoughts were tinged with the faint stain of remorse. Luckily, Gunn had been sound asleep when she’d come in the night before, and she’d taken a quick shower and passed out next to him. She had no desire to see and lie to him today about her night with Spike, and was glad he was off working for Angel.

It would be one thing if it had just been sex. That, she could have written off as hormones, a momentary lapse in judgment caused by the inherent sexiness of a bad boy and her own long, long dry spell. But when one of her dreams featured Spike proposing, she knew she was in an entirely different area than just lust. And that was dangerous.

Her phone started to ring just as she climbed out of bed. She glanced at the caller ID and couldn’t control the warm feeling spreading throughout her body.

“Hello, pet,” Spike said softly as she answered. “Sleep well?”

“I did, as a matter of fact,” she smiled. “I just woke up.”

“I knew that, actually.”

“….that’s a little disturbing.”

“No, it’s just I’m right outside your door, heard the alarm turn off.”

The door opened slowly to reveal Spike, who lowered his cell from his ear and grinned happily at her.

“Creeper,” she giggled, enjoying the fluttering of her heart when he looked at her. “Where is everyone?”

He leaned against the door frame and tucked his phone into his pocket. “Xander and Fred are off doing some errands for me.” He intentionally left out explaining Gunn’s whereabouts, figuring she knew already, and didn’t want to bring the sod’s name up if he didn’t have to. The image of Buffy sleeping beside the other man all night had driven him crazy, and he’d casually suggested to Angelus on the phone this morning that maybe Gunn should stay at the hotel tonight. For security purposes, of course. “Errands that will take a very, very long time.”

“Is that so?” Buffy practically purred.

“It is,” Spike nodded. “And I was wondering if you’d fancy a swim? It’s a beautiful day.” While he had almost just jumped on top of her right here and now, the idea of a morning at the pool and Buffy in a swimsuit was too delicious to pass up.

She brightened at the suggestion, and nodded eagerly. He told her to meet him outside and ran upstairs to change into his swim trunks, dressing faster than he possibly ever had in his life.

He grabbed a few towels from the laundry room and headed out to the balcony, pausing halfway down the stairs as he caught sight of Buffy. Buffy, barely covered by a tiny little white bikini, pulling her hair in a ponytail before diving into the water with the grace of a swan.

God, she was a vision.

He ran down the rest of the stairs and towards the pool, stopping at a chair to dump his towels, cell phone, and shoes. With an Indian war cry, he ran towards of the pool and cannonballed in.

Buffy let out a squeal he landed next to her, and quickly swam away before could reach out to touch her. He gave chase, catching up to her in just a few seconds and holding her tightly against his body hands cupping her ass, pressing her breasts against his chest. Just being near her again made every cell in his body shiver.

“Gotcha,” He grinned.

“What are you, twelve?”

“Not all parts of me,” He leered, curling his tongue behind his teeth.

“Pervert.”

“You know you like it.”

Buffy broke away from his grasp and splashed him, racing to the edge of the pool.

“You are freakishly strong!” He called after her, deciding to stay where he was and just watch her body cut through the smooth water.

She spun around when she realized he wasn’t following her, and stuck out her tongue at him. “Loser!” She taunted.

“Don’t point that tongue at me unless you plan do so something with it, kitten.”

“God, are you one of those people who could make reciting the Constitution sound dirty?”

“If I knew your…Constitution, yes, I probably could.”

“You’re kind of a pig.”

“And you’re kind of adorable.”

Buffy giggled, turned and went to the edge of the pool, then pulled herself up to sit at the edge and stretch out in the sun. Her wet body shimmering in the light put very naughty thoughts in Spike’s head about what exactly he could do to it.

“I can feel you watching me,” She said, eyes closed and face turned to the sun, her wet golden hair falling down her back.

“I’m always watching you.”

Buffy opened one eye and turned her neck towards him. “Again with the creepy.”

“It’s not creepy! It’s…romantic, yeah?”

“Yeah, I’ve always wanted a stalker of my very own.”

“Don’t push me, little girl,” Spike swam up to her and lightly rested his hands on her upper thighs. She opened her eyes fully and looked down at him, lust beginning to spark in her face He cocked his head at her and continued, “One of these days you just might go a little too far.”

Buffy gazed at him for a moment before giggling, “Oh, I’m so scared.”

With a roar he lunged at her, grabbing her and pulling her into the water with him. She shrieked in mock fear and allowed him to dunk her. Once underwater she pulled down his swimsuit and darted away, leaving him bellowing, “Not playing fair!” He swam quickly after her.

They continued their play, neither of them noticing the dark figure watching from the balcony.

Spike’s cell phone began to chirp on the lawn chair, just as he was about to capture Buffy’s lips in a kiss.

He tried and failed to resist her pout, giving her that kiss swiftly before quickly lifting himself out of the pool. Buffy sighed and appreciated the view as he walked away and picked up his phone. With his back to her, she couldn’t see the look of shock on his face when he looked at the caller ID.

“Hello?” he said softly as he answered the phone. He listened for a bit, then glanced sharply up at the house and finally spotted the figure who’d been watching them.

“Yeah, Dru,” he said quietly, so Buffy couldn’t hear, as he watched his former love head into the house. “I’ll be right up.”



Oh yes, of COURSE she has to show up, don't hate me!